Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phailadelphia

Bold prediction: T Choice gets traded before season starts

Guest Durant4MVP

The Cowboys drafted DeMarco Murray in the draft this year. Everyone thought he was going to replace Barber but I have a different idea: Neither Barber nor Choice will be on this team when the 2011 regular season starts. Barber is going to get cut obviously.

The coaching staff showed even through last season they don't have much confidence in Tashard Choice. He only got serious playing time after another Barber injury. No one outside the Cowboys front office understands because T Choice has produced when called upon, but it is what it is.

The x-factor here is Lonyae Miller. He impressed in training camp last season but was only active for 3 games and only as a special-teamer. However, he's a GREAT special teamer - something T Choice is not. If Felix Jones and DeMarco Murray are going to get the majority of the carries that leaves the 3rd option as either Choice or Murray, neither of which is getting much playing time besides special teams. The next question here is - Who's going to play special teams better? That answer: Lonyae Miller.

So I think they're going to flaunt Tashard Choice in the preseason to see if they can't get a player or two or some picks for him and keep Lonyae Miller as the 3rd back.

Thoughts?

I don't think so, but that's only because Murray just came off a major injury prior to this last college football season and we have to make sure he's stable before we part with our best overall running back in Choice. It's unfortunate that the coaches don't see that he would be more consistent, and better, than Felix Jones ever will be.

My bold prediction: Marcus Spears AND Igor Olshansky walk.

Guest Durant4MVP

Olshansky is as good as gone already I think. As for Spears...I think they try to keep him another year or two. I don't think the front office is convinced Hatcher and co. will hold up against the run.

Olshansky is as good as gone already I think. As for Spears...I think they try to keep him another year or two. I don't think the front office is convinced Hatcher and co. will hold up against the run.

I think Bowe is fine. We just need another DE. Maybe we'll keep Spears. I dunno.