Patriots2994

Top 10 QB's in the NFL

We have a lot of other "Top 10" threads going, so why not start one for QB's? I'll start off with my list.

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Drew Brees

6. Philip Rivers

7. Michael Vick

8. Matt Ryan

9. Tony Romo

10. Matt Schaub

We did a bunch of top 10 threads over the offseason, including QBs. I'm sure you can find the thread if you search for it, but I remember having some pretty good discussion in it.

regardless, I'll put my list up. Prepare to rage.

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Ben Roethlisberger

4. Philip Rivers

5. Peyton Manning

6. Drew Brees

7. Matt Schaub

8. Tony Romo

9t. Matt Ryan

9t. Joe Flacco

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Big Ben

4. Phillip Rivers

5. Drew Brees

6. Peyton Manning

7. Matt Schaub

8. Tony Romo

9. Matt Ryan

10. Joe Flacco ( I hate to put him here have no idea who else to put here though)

Oh gawd let's not do this, last time we had to listen to Cowboy fans homer over Romo. Hopefully no one puts Big Ben below the top 5 again as well.

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Big Ben

4. Phillip Rivers

5. Drew Brees

6. Peyton Manning

7. Matt Schaub

8. Tony Romo

9. Matt Ryan

10. Joe Flacco ( I hate to put him here have no idea who else to put here though)

Mike Vick

Mike Vick

no chance in hell.

Who I think will be the top 10 throughout this season.

1. Ben Roethlisberger

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Tom Brady

4. Josh Freeman

5. Drew Brees

6. Philip Rivers

7. Peyton Manning

8. Matt Schaub

9. Joe Flacco

10. Tony Romo

Yeah, I've got Josh Freeman #4. Wanna fight about it?

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Peyton Manning

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Drew Brees

6. Philip Rivers

7. Tony Romo

8. Eli Manning

9. Matt Schaub

10. Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco

Yeah, I've got Josh Freeman #4. Wanna fight about it?

Sure, I'll go...

YOU'RE STUPID

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Rothlisberger

4. P.Manning

5. Rivers

6. Brees

7. Vick

8. Eli Manning

9. Sanchez

10.Ryan

Edited by Arz
  • Downvote 6

1. Tom Brady - He's Tom Brady.

2. Peyton Manning - I don't care what his injuries are. He will be ready.

3. Aaron Rodgers - He can throw the ball, he can run the ball. And he's good at both.

4. Drew Brees - Possibly the MOST accurate QB in the league.

5. Phillip Rivers - He puts up big stats every year, his team won't help.

6. Ben Roethlisberger - He's not the greatest QUARTERBACK, but he's a playmaker and comes through in the clutch.

7. Matt Ryan - He's a great up and coming guy. He's a field surgeon, and he can throw the ball well. Just needs to get over that hump.

8. Matt Schaubb - I want to put him higher, but I feel like he benefits quite a bit from having Andre on his roster. He can't win in important games.

9. Tony Romo - Don't care what anyone says, he's a freak of nature. He's got a fast release, and good accuracy, and some serious leg speed.

10. Mike Vick - Again, not the greatest quarterback, but he comes in at the clutch. He's one of the only guys defenses cringe facing because when he gets out of the pocket, he's more a running back. Couple that with his honed accuracy as of late, he should PROBABLY be higher.

Notable "On the bubble" guys

Joe Flacco - He's a lot like Matt Ryan, except he tends to make bad decisions when it counts. He's got a mean deep ball, but I have yet to see him pick apart a defense.

Eli Manning - He's a superbowl quarterback, and he's a leader. But until he stops throwing interceptions in pivotal situations, and the same goes for putting the ball on the ground, he only just BARELY breaks my top 15.

Josh Freeman - Much the same as Flacco, he's getting there.

How can you say Flacco makes bad decisions when it counts, but not use the same complaint towards Matt Ryan? Did you not watch the Falcons/Packers playoff game last year?

That's worse than anything I've ever seen Flacco do in crunch time, lol.

That lost Atlanta the game. A field goal there and they go in only down 4.

Edited by .AirMcNair.
  • Upvote 2

Are you kidding? Here we go.

So faulting Matt Ryan on a play where all the receivers were within 5 - 10 yards of eachother? That's lame.

The two are almost identical at every aspect of the game. Except for the fact that Flacco benefits from constant Ray Rice dump-offs, and an offensive coordinator that knows what he's doing. And the fact that Flacco can't lead his team down field in crunch time. Matt Ryan has 7 game winning DRIVES. Joe Flacco has maybe 3. 4 statistically (Within 4 minutes) but 2 of which were deep bombs heaved up in the air.

And just for the record, Ryans 2 interceptions in that game didn't cost the Falcons the game. The defense played absolutely atrocious. We had no coverage on any of ARods receivers. I think anyone would lose to the opposite team when their quarterback went 31/36 for 366 yards, Madden numbers. So yes, Matt Ryans two interceptions (One of which didn't even effect anything) lost the game for a team with an atrocious defense. And I'm an Atlanta fan.

The only thing missing from this thread is someone asking me why I don't have Sanchez in the top 10. :thumbup:

Edited by Chris D

The only thing missing from this thread is someone asking me why I don't have Sanchez in the top 10. :thumbup:

How in gods name do you leave off the Sanchize?

• Upvote 1

LOL! Trying to take the blame off of Matt Ryan. I don't care where his receivers were. I don't care what his defense did. The team was in position to get a field goal but wanted a little more yardage. I guarantee you Mike Smith didn't tell Matt Ryan to force it. I'm sure all he said was "if someone's open on the sideline, hit them, if not, throw it in to the 7th row".

Troy Aikman, a HOF, 3x superbowl winning QB himself said that was on Matt Ryan..I think that's enough said. No QB in the league could make that throw, but he tried it. It cost Atlanta the game. 28-14 is so much different than 21-17 or even 21-14 if they miss the field goal. All the momentum was in Green Bays favor. It took the crowd out of the game. And it killed Atlanta's morale.

Every QB should know better than to force it there. Matt Ryan failed. There's no beating around the bush, that's just what happened. Trying to blame the game on his defense entirely is stupid..Matt Ryan was bad. Very bad.

Joe Flacco has 8 game winning drives. Matt Ryan has 13. Both very good numbers for the short time in the league. However, if you're going to say Joe Flacco falters in key situations, then you can not say Matt Ryan excels in them. Not after what he did vs Green Bay. The most important game of his career and he failed. That's the exact opposite of clutch.

And Joe Flacco has an offensive coordinator that knows what he's doing? You obviously don't watch the Ravens. Cam Cameron is easily one of the worst offensive coordinators in the league. Ask any Raven fan you want to, they'll say the same. His play calling is so inconsistent.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are you kidding? Here we go.

So faulting Matt Ryan on a play where all the receivers were within 5 - 10 yards of eachother? That's lame.

The two are almost identical at every aspect of the game. Except for the fact that Flacco benefits from constant Ray Rice dump-offs, and an offensive coordinator that knows what he's doing. And the fact that Flacco can't lead his team down field in crunch time. Matt Ryan has 7 game winning DRIVES. Joe Flacco has maybe 3. 4 statistically (Within 4 minutes) but 2 of which were deep bombs heaved up in the air.

And just for the record, Ryans 2 interceptions in that game didn't cost the Falcons the game. The defense played absolutely atrocious. We had no coverage on any of ARods receivers. I think anyone would lose to the opposite team when their quarterback went 31/36 for 366 yards, Madden numbers. So yes, Matt Ryans two interceptions (One of which didn't even effect anything) lost the game for a team with an atrocious defense. And I'm an Atlanta fan.

You're acting like Michael Turner isn't half as good as Ray Rice and that's false. Michael Turner is a top 10, if not top 7 RB and if they used him as a dump off guy like Rice, Ryan would have the exact same check down.

Flacco is better than Matt Ryan right now, by they way. Matt Ryan has blown two great chances at playoff wins.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Peyton Manning

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Matt Ryan

7. Phillip Rivers

8. Josh Freeman

9. Tony Romo

10. Eli Manning

Guest MikeyDay

1. Aaron Rodgers - The way he got off in the playoffs makes him the best imo. Plus he can throw and run, hes the best QB in the league right now.

2. Tom Brady - I mean i dont like Brady liek that but i gotta give the man credit hes def underlooked by his skills.

3. Drew Brees - i put him at 3 now bcuz he had injuries at the wr postion and still played very well. He can make any wr do. Peyton would be here but Peyton is on the decline while Brees is still in his prime.

4. Peyton Manning - Still top 5 no doubt and i know Colts had injuries but Peyton has made more bad decisions lately in the last 2 yrs then he normally is. But hes Peyton so he still belongs top 5.

5. Philip Rivers - i hate the bitch but hes got skills. He can tear a def up and even tho hes a asshole i still think hes top 5.

6. Big Ben - He isnt a top quarterback standards wise, but hes clutch and is a tank to bring down and hes a QB! Hes inconsistent alot and holds on the ball alot but he makes it up for clutchiness for sure.

7. Tony Romo - I know some ppl gun look at this and go wtf but hes alot better then ppl say he is. I know Dallas chokes alot but since Dallas has had trouble running the ball like they used to about 2 yrs ago hes had to carry more of the load and Roy Williams is pretty overrated. He can run and pass pretty solid i def think hes top 7 imo.

8. Matt Schuab - i put him here bcuz he has Andre. I know he passes for alot of yards, but i wanna see him become clutch and lead the Texans into the playoffs this yr. He can pass no doubt but i wanna see him take that next step into Eliteness. It goes farther then stats.

9. Josh Freeman - Yup i fucking said it, top 10. Clutch and has Mike Williams who was a rookie and Winslow. Everyone else is off the radar pretty much. Tampa will go as far as Freeman will take them and in a tough division going 10-6 when nobody sees it coming i gotta say Freeman has impressed me quickly. Hes gunna be higher if he can get another solid WR.

10. Eli Manning - this is the hardest pick imo, i know alot of ppl have Ryan or Flacco, i personally think Flacco isnt that good and Ryan is on and off to much. Eli gets more spotlight for being in NY and being Peytons younger brother but he can throw. I know he throws alot of dumb passes but he lights it up and his ints last yr were mor eof bad WR play then him. Yes he had some bad wtf throws but hes solid and just becuz i have em at 10 isnt saying much. Mccoy, Bradford, Mcnabb, Hasselbeck pending on this yr could easily replace him here

Edited by MikeyDay

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Rothlisberger

4. P.Manning

5. Brees

6. Vick

7. E.Manning

8. Sanchez

9. Ryan

10.Freeman

Terrible list. You left off Phillip Rivers entirely.

you left rivers off but yet added vick and sanchez? lolool

Guest MikeyDay

you left rivers off but yet added vick and sanchez? lolool

Right

Shit I was gonna put him in at 5 :facepalm: yea I'ma edit this so it should be right