Sign in to follow this  
Patriots2994

Worst Fan Base in the NFL

25 members have voted

1. 1. What team has the worst NFL fan base?

• Cowboys
    • Bears
    • Packers
    • Patriots
    • Giants
    • Jets
    • Raiders
    • Eagles
    • Steelers
    • Buccaneers
    • Redskins
    • Other

What team has the worst fan base in the NFL? This could mean anything from having the biggest bandwagon fan population to the most ignorant/classless/trashy fans to the smallest fan base in general.

Guest Phailadelphia

Buccs because there isn't one.

I honestly find it hard to say the Bucs because the fan base was great until the recession hit. The Bucs were consistently top-10, sometimes top-12 in revenue every year. So obviously fans had not only bought tickets but bought other things to increase revenue. Even now we're not one of the lowest revenue teams. I can honestly say having lived around Tampa and now living around Phoenix, the Cardinal fan base is much worse. At least when I visit Florida I always see Bucs type stuff, people wearing Jersey's on Sundays, all that crap. I rarely so much as see a Cardinal bumper sticker here.

I said Eagles, but I am quite curious what made you choose the teams you chose to put on the poll? The Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, and Bears have some of the better fan bases in the NFL.

I'm going with the Buccaneers fans. And hopefully no one will take offense to that because it has nothing to do with the way they act or anything like that. Just the fact that they couldn't sell out a home game for how many years straight? A HOME GAME?! Especially in the midst of a franchise turn-around.

Bucs fans simply don't support their team enough.

I took the Bucs, but it isn't all their fault. They are just in a horrible location in a horrible state. You have all these people who move to Florida from around the country who have no allegiance to the team... And being that those people are the ones closest to the Bucs... It's hard to sell tickets to a local fan base that doesn't include your own fans.

With that said... it's still embarrassing.

Arizona would be a close second. Their run to the Super Bowl a few years ago did little to ignite the few fans they have. And they struggled to sell playoff tickets. Pathetic.

This poll is laughable. No Jacksonville???

And, I agree withF4E, the fan base in Florida is made up of yankees moving down here. And add to that the economy in FLA and there you have it.

I said Eagles, but I am quite curious what made you choose the teams you chose to put on the poll? The Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, and Bears have some of the better fan bases in the NFL.

I said Bears to spite you.

The Eagles are the only fanbase I've ever seen to boo a player as he was being carted off the field.

In terms of being general jackasses, give it to Philly.

In terms of lack of support, give it to Jacksonville.

I included those teams to 1) See what people thought about their fanbases (I'm not saying they have bad fan bases, I just wondered if people found them to be classless/obnoxious/etc), and to 2) See if any fans on their rival team would smash them. I would have found that to be funny.

Jaguars. :yep:

I've only known of ONE Jaguar fan... and he's on this site. :p. But seriously, they are a cut under Bucs fans. LolFlorida

I'm going with the Buccaneers fans. And hopefully no one will take offense to that because it has nothing to do with the way they act or anything like that. Just the fact that they couldn't sell out a home game for how many years straight? A HOME GAME?! Especially in the midst of a franchise turn-around.

Bucs fans simply don't support their team enough.

How many years straight? Try one...sellouts were never an issue until last year. When the stadium opened in the late 90s, the Bucs had a season ticket waiting list. I'm not trying to say the Bucs have the best fans in the league, but it isn't like this team has never had fan support ever, this has become a new issue for a variety of different reasons.

Plus, why do the Chargers fans constantly get a pass/not thrown into this mix? They've had a legit contending teams for years and they consistently have issues with blackouts too. Yet you never hear about them.

Where are the Falcons. No fans before Vick. When Vick left they left. They've just started to come around again. Biggest bunch of front runners there are.

depends on how you take the question, I put bad fans into three categories, so I'll give my answer for all three:

obnoxious bandwagoners: Dallas (I'm not saying all Dallas fans are obnoxious bandwagoners, just that there are a lot of them)

biggest jackasses: Philly

lack of support: Buccaneers

Bengals. Sorry but you just don't see or hear from their fans unless they're winning and then they come out like cockroaches. How many times did Chad Johnson buy tickets so they wouldnt get blacked out?

obnoxious bandwagoners: Dallas (I'm not saying all Dallas fans are obnoxious bandwagoners, just that there are a lot of them)

Dallas is a big city - what about Pittsburgh. Tiny city, enormous fan base. Aint hard being a fan of a winning team :-/.

That's a real good point oochymp - need to define the worst fan base. Bandwagon fans are the worst.

Dallas is a big city - what about Pittsburgh. Tiny city, enormous fan base. Aint hard being a fan of a winning team :-/.

That's a real good point oochymp - need to define the worst fan base. Bandwagon fans are the worst.

Pittsburgh fans travel well in every sport, and almost all of the Pittsburgh fans I know actually follow the team, I can't say the same about a lot of Cowboys fans, they're kinda the Yankees of football in terms of the fan base

Pittsburgh fans travel well in every sport, and almost all of the Pittsburgh fans I know actually follow the team, I can't say the same about a lot of Cowboys fans, they're kinda the Yankees of football in terms of the fan base

I'm not going to defend my opinion of the Steeler fans. The ones I know purely follow them because they're a winning team. In Cleveland and Columbus, Steeler fans are like the Yankees of football. In fact, most the Steeler fans I know are also fans of the Yankees.

Cant argue much with an Eagles pick after the way they've responded to a 1-3 start. Every draft pick picked in the past 2 years is already a unanimous bust. Unbelievable. I don't want to be cheering next to these clowns when we turn it back around.

I'm trying to think if I've ever seen a Pirates fan at any of the Cubs-Pirates fans I've been to. Maybe one. I'm not saying that Steelers fans aren't loyal. In fact, the Steelers fans I know are loyal and have a connection back to Pittsburgh. However, saying that all Pittsburgh teams have fans that travel well is false.

I'm trying to think if I've ever seen a Pirates fan at any of the Cubs-Pirates fans I've been to. Maybe one. I'm not saying that Steelers fans aren't loyal. In fact, the Steelers fans I know are loyal and have a connection back to Pittsburgh. However, saying that all Pittsburgh teams have fans that travel well is false.

I know Steelers fans and Penguins fans both travel well, but don't have much experience with Pirates fans, so maybe it's just 2/3, granted it's the better two of the three teams, which may or may not be a coincidence. However, I'll also point out that you're talking about a 450-500 mile trip to see a baseball game when you get 82 per year at home, not that I'm completely discounting your point, just saying there are other variables.