Piggly Wiggly

Redskins make the worst trade of the century...

THREE first rounders + additional picks to the Rams for RG3.

1329285133033.jpg

Wow. Definitely worst trade by far.

ESPN is reporting this year's first and second round picks plus a first rounder in 2013 and a first rounder in 2014, so three firsts and a second, that might rival the Ricky Williams trade

Doesn't a lot of it depend on how good RG3 is? I mean if he becomes a 1st team All-pro 10x pro bowler then I would consider it a good trade for Washington.

Edited by BradyFan81

Doesn't a lot of it depend on how good RG3 is? I mean if he becomes a 1st team All-pro 10x pro bowler then I would consider it a good trade for Washington.

10x pro bowler is pretty rare for QBs, even if they are awesome.

Redskins HAVE to win a Super Bowl with RGIII. Anything less then bringing the Lombardi home and this is a failure.

I am so happy. The Browns cannot fail.

In a pre-draft blockbuster trade, the St. Louis Rams have agreed in principle to send the second overall pick in this year's draft to the Washington Redskins for three first-round draft picks and a second-round pick, according to a source in Cleveland familiar with the terms of the deal.

The trade, first reported by FoxSports.com, cannot be signed off on, turned in and processed until the new league year starts Tuesday at 4 p.m. EST, but it is expected to become official then

In the deal, the Rams will receive the Redskins' No. 6 overall pick, as well as the Redskins' first-round picks in 2013 and 2014. The Rams will also receive Washington's second-round pick this year in return for the second overall pick that the Redskins now will use on whichever quarterback the Indianapolis Colts do not draft No. 1 overall.

The widespread expectation is that Indianapolis will make Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck the No. 1 pick and then Washington would follow by selecting Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.

The Cleveland Browns had stepped up their efforts to try to acquire the No. 2 pick in recent days, going so far as to offer at least three No. 1 picks to the Rams and possibly even the second-round pick, according to one source familiar with the deal. Cleveland sensed it was going to get the deal done, only to be informed that St. Louis planned to deal the coveted No. 2 pick to the Redskins.

The trade will not change the Redskins' plans in pursuing Peyton Manning. They still intend to talk with, and try to sign him, even if they are considered a longshot.

They have only had two double digit win seasons (10-6) in the last 20 years because they haven't had a good QB. If RGIII even makes them competitive in the playoffs almost every year it'll be worth it from a financial standpoint. How bad the trade is will only be determined by their future success.

@AdamSchefter:

Trade will not change Redskins plans in pursuing Peyton Manning. Intend to talk with and try to sign him, even if considered a longshot.

lolwut.jpg

• Upvote 1

They have only had two double digit win seasons (10-6) in the last 20 years because they haven't had a good QB. If RGIII even makes them competitive in the playoffs almost every year it'll be worth it from a financial standpoint. How bad the trade is will only be determined by their future success.

Exactly. Even with a full compliment of draft picks, we haven't won shit in two fucking decades. There is no way this is the "worst trade of the century", RG3 hasn't played a fucking down, and even when he does, it typically takes three seasons for a player to adjust to the NFL. We will revisit this idea of worst trade in a couple of years.

That being said, giving up three first rounders and a second is a bit steep for ANY team. If we can manage to win 8 or 9 games next season, it will be a good move. Of course, now we need to get a big-time WR and about a hundred other players to make a difference. Though we do have a shit ton of cap space (which isn't 'typical' Redskins)

lolwut.jpg

Why not? It can't hurt to put an offer out there and see if he nibbles.

to the Rams

:disgust:

Guest Phailadelphia

The title is a little misleading. The Herschel Walker trade is still the scam of the century imo.

But lolRedskins regardless.

• Upvote 1

The price is very high, but I will just wait and see if it ends up being too high.

The Redskins better hope that RG3 performs at the level they assume that he can otherwise this trade will look like a bust. Either way they gave up a lot for the first pick in the draft.

Just gross. If you really want to get a guy sure, but that just made the the number two pick worth two times as much as a first overall selection. What a bunch of jokers. Rams better build a dynasty with this trade or it will be the worst trade of all time.

This Is the type of trade that I do in madden when I plan on doing career mode 2 years max lmao

• Upvote 1

Whatever they claim to know sounds a tad bit bogus. When was the last time a trade even close to this ever happened? Also, if the Rams were offered three first round picks, there's no way they would turn that down, especially considering they could still land Blackmon if they accepted that deal.

This may be the dumbest trade I have ever seen. How could you possibly give up that much for a guy who hasn't proven shit in the NFL? Wow, only way I'd be giving up this much would be if I was trading for a young QB like Rodgers, Big Ben or Eli..... Someone who has proven to have success in the NFL.

The Rams GM is a genius :yep:

Fuck that shit. Someone void this trade lol. The Rams are guaranteed multiple Top 10 picks for three years in a row now :p

Can't believe the Redskins gave up so much. Everyone knew that the Rams wanted to trade down. Washington has officially been TRADE RAPED.

Edited by RANGA

Guest Phailadelphia

You know what? I'm gonna travel off the beaten path a little here. The more I think about it, the more I kinda like this move by Washington. That franchise has had a pretty nasty record at the QB position for the last who knows how many years? And it seems the #1 criteria these days to winning a Super Bowl is having a truly elite level QB. RG3 has "game-changer" talent, IQ, and work ethic. Pro scouts, TV scouts, and even the advanced metrics guys are going bonkers over this kid. He reeks of franchise QB. Obviously there's always the risk he could be a bust but look at it this way: If it works out, the Skins are going to be a pretty damn good team because Snyder WILL drop bank in free agency. We know this. Not having draft picks is going to suck but there's no doubt they can get enough talent on this team to at least make the playoffs while they develop RG3 into his prime 3-4 years down the road. And if it doesn't work, then what? At worst, Washington is the same losing franchise it has been since the early '90s and nothing has changed. At this point, the only direction you can go is up. That's why I think this may have been the right move.

• Upvote 1

Good trade for the Rams...Getting 3 first rounders is probably more than they expected to get..

SO for those of you guys wondering, it's official I believe, 3 firsts and a second for this year's #2 pick.

Edit: found the thread. :p

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F