Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

Official NBA Ref Bitching Thread

I think it would be a good idea to get rid of NBA referree Scott Foster seeing as he along with Tim Donaghy was most likely BETTING ON FUCKING GAMES.

Way to seal Boston's fate refs. Go to hell.

The human element will probably never be removed from sports, which really fucking sucks, but the alternative would be having every play reviewed and games would take forever.

I think that shitty refs need to be fired immediately or at least put on probation. I think something that would work in the NFL, but probably not the NBA with the abundance of calls, would be to add in foul challenges. The opposition would cry about undermining referee authority, but who fucking cares? If someone in a position of authority is making a mistake, they need to be reprimanded or have rules in place to reverse a bad call or fix a non-call.

Give NFL coaches one or two "foul challenges" a game that can be used to reverse a bad call or make a case for a post-review flag to be thrown and give NBA coaches at least two. Then, once the system is in place, keep statistics of referees and create a line that, if they fall under (or surpass, perhaps, depending on how you look at it), they get put on probation or fired. It would not only make games more fair, but it would give shitty referees more incentive to keep bias out of their job.

Edit:

Also, I'd like to add that I don't believe that officiating is a black and white issue (no issues in any facet of life are, really). There are some games where the outcome DEFINITELY was decided by poor officiating and in those cases, people that defend the referees are wrong. However, I don't think that this is the case for every game as some (BWare) would have you believe.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Edit:

Also, I'd like to add that I don't believe that officiating is a black and white issue (no issues in any facet of life are, really). There are some games where the outcome DEFINITELY was decided by poor officiating and in those cases, people that defend the referees are wrong. However, I don't think that this is the case for every game as some (BWare) would have you believe.

I dont think its every game but every big game in the playoffs u might wanna see how the officating goes. It falls under like Soccer. All acting and flops that get cards, is what the NBA is starting to remind me of. The annoyance of trying to watch your team play and its getting bad calls or see all the stops because the refs call every flop. It could be a big moment in the game, one bad call and your team could be fucked.

Thats why it kills me when someone on here will go well dont watch it.. What? Dont watch our sport? Our team? Fuck that. It fucks up the game but when they dont its a great sport. Im talkin terrible calls. It goes into what i said awhile back that people dont want to wait. They won stay a extra hour or so due to extra time of viewing a bad call or non call. We have a way of elimnating human error in sports, most fans dont want it though and neither does most of the sports world.

Now that we are heading deep into the playoffs,the refs need to get serious and stop making stupid calls that could cost a whole game for one team..

Edited by housemd

I dont think its every game but every big game in the playoffs u might wanna see how the officating goes. It falls under like Soccer. All acting and flops that get cards, is what the NBA is starting to remind me of. The annoyance of trying to watch your team play and its getting bad calls or see all the stops because the refs call every flop. It could be a big moment in the game, one bad call and your team could be fucked.

Thats why it kills me when someone on here will go well dont watch it.. What? Dont watch our sport? Our team? Fuck that. It fucks up the game but when they dont its a great sport. Im talkin terrible calls. It goes into what i said awhile back that people dont want to wait. They won stay a extra hour or so due to extra time of viewing a bad call or non call. We have a way of elimnating human error in sports, most fans dont want it though and neither does most of the sports world.

I see what you're talking about and you have a point..The thing is that the refs have started to make calls in favor of the best teams..

Edited by housemd

Damn,double post :facepalm:

Edited by housemd

Guest Phailadelphia

FIRE JOEY CRAWFORD

FIRE JOEY CRAWFORD

Not sure if sarcasm? He's the worst referee in the history of basketball.

And anyone who does want every single questionable foul call to be reviewed is a moron.

That wouldn't add an hour, it would add a lot more than that, it would kill the flow of the game, and the players themselves wouldn't want it either, I'd bet, if you put it to a vote.

• Upvote 1

lol @ reviewing every foul call.

And anyone who does want every single questionable foul call to be reviewed is a moron.

That wouldn't add an hour, it would add a lot more than that, it would kill the flow of the game, and the players themselves wouldn't want it either, I'd bet, if you put it to a vote.

I stand by my answer.

The human element will probably never be removed from sports, which really fucking sucks, but the alternative would be having every play reviewed and games would take forever.

I think that shitty refs need to be fired immediately or at least put on probation. I think something that would work in the NFL, but probably not the NBA with the abundance of calls, would be to add in foul challenges. The opposition would cry about undermining referee authority, but who fucking cares? If someone in a position of authority is making a mistake, they need to be reprimanded or have rules in place to reverse a bad call or fix a non-call.

Give NFL coaches one or two "foul challenges" a game that can be used to reverse a bad call or make a case for a post-review flag to be thrown and give NBA coaches at least two. Then, once the system is in place, keep statistics of referees and create a line that, if they fall under (or surpass, perhaps, depending on how you look at it), they get put on probation or fired. It would not only make games more fair, but it would give shitty referees more incentive to keep bias out of their job.

Edit:

Bump.

I spose I was being a hypocrite by complaining about the refs in the finals thread when I've called out others (bware) for doing the same.

Anywho, what was up with that off the backboard call? The moment it hits the back of the backboard, its out of bounds. How do the refs not know that?

Also, why did they make it a jump ball when they had previously called it out on Miami? It wasn't the right call, but unless theres replay, they should stick with their decision.

But regardless, its not like the refs really could tell. If you cant tell and cant go to replay, just stick with the initial call.

Your telling me NFL refs never change a call after they converse with another ref who may of had a better view? They do it all the time too.

Thunder were lucky they did a jump ball on that. It was clearly out on them.

What? No it wasn't. There were four hands in there, you couldn't tell who it went off of, at least with the angles we were given.

If the other one had a better view then they would've given Miami the ball.