Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Who is the most talented player in the league?

There are so many talented players in the nfl; a pool of talent having some of the best athletes in the world. So many players playing at such a high lv but the question is, Who is the most talented player in the nfl?

My first inclination was a QB, the player with the most responsibilities; arguably the most important player on the team. Oh, well that's Aaron Rodgers. Tom Brady is still #1 KINDA to me... but Rodgers can make every throw Brady can make AND he's extremely mobile and throws DEAD accurate balls on the run. The only thing Rodgers doesn't have over Brady is rings. Aaron just put on a display of the best QB performance in a season in league history. The most important position performing better then anyone in history (regular season). It has to be Rodgers.

Then I started to think of all the best players imo at each position and what their job is. I went through all the positions and then re-evaluated the QB position again. Arguably the hardest position. Having to read defenses (blitzes, coverages), accuracy, throwing deep, clock management, throwing with pressuring in your face when the pocket collapses, making reads; amongst many other things. Then I started to look at their supporting cast: Big O-linemen, running backs, WR (one of the most athletic positions). While football is a team sport and works as a unit to support each other, there is one position that is more alone at times then any other position; on an island, Revis Island.

Yes, Darrelle Revis is the most talented player in the Nfl imo and here is the reason why. Cornerback has to be one of the most difficult positions to play. Just think of the opposition for a second; oh yeah, WR's. The WR position has some of the worlds most athletic players. Imagine going against and having to defend the likes of a Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson; having to defend against players with blazing speed like a Mike Wallace and the other gifted WRs. Darrelle Revis straps up every Sunday against the opposings team WR the mainly the entire game and shuts them down. Here is a few stats of some of the receivers he has shut down.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?id=4707319

The skill set it takes to defend these athletic phenomenons and shut them down week in and week out consistently is crazy. The skill cap and talent it takes to do that is one of a kind in this WR dominant passing league. He even squared up against Calvin Johnson and held him to 1 catch 13 yards the year before last, Andre Johnson 4 catches 35 yards; shutting down the leagues best. He's been burnt before: Randy Moss, Tedd Gin Jr (http://www.celebritynetworth.com/watch/9dRz9WCgXRU/ted-ginn-burs-revis/), Steve Johnson on slant routes, but who's perfect? What QB hasn't thrown an interception? It's hard to argue against the QB position but we've seen average QBs have success. But what Revis does one on one against the most athletic guys on the field (world), takes an amazing talent.

Edited by dutchff7

For me it has to be patrick willis. The man is 250 pounds, 6'1" and runs a 4.5 40 and can hit like a mac truck. He can do everything on the football field including covering WR's. He can cover TE's and WR's because he has the speed. He has the strength to shed blocks. The explosions to bust through the line and molly whop a QB or RB. That and he is intelligent enough to call the defense and get everybody in the right spot. To me when it comes to pure athleticism there isnt really anybody in the NFL other than AP who can compete with him.

Calvin Johnson. People say he has it easy because of his size, but he catches passes in triple coverage. Single handedly makes his team dangerous from the WR position which is impossible for everyone else ever to play the position.

Calvin Johnson. People say he has it easy because of his size, but he catches passes in triple coverage. Single handedly makes his team dangerous from the WR position which is impossible for everyone else ever to play the position.

I hate it when ppl say things like that. By that logic, Mike Williams would be just as dominant.

Patrick Willis for reasons mentioned earlier, but I'd also like to nominate Mike Wallace. Not saying he's the best...but he's A man with blazing speed and can literally change the momentum of a game in one snap. There aren't too many players with such agility and separation speed like Mike Wallace. To me, he's a great talent.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, Mike Wallace speed is up there with DeSean Jacksons; blazing speed. Hopefully DeSean gets back on track since he got his contract and become the most feared speedy deep threat in the league again. Mike Wallace got that last year.

And yeah, Patrick Willis is a straight up monster. Everyone wishes they had a MLB at the head of their defense. Future H.O.F caliber player.

Edited by dutchff7

Yeah, Mike Wallace speed is up there with DeSean Jacksons; blazing speed. Hopefully DeSean gets back on track since he got his contract and become the most feared speedy deep threat in the league again. Mike Wallace got that last year.

And yeah, Patrick Willis is a straight up monster. Every wishes they had a MLB at the head of their defense. Future H.O.F caliber player.

I have for 15 years lol. haha all arrogance aside willis is definitely bearing the mantle that ray had carried for a decade and is the new face of MLB's in this game.

• Upvote 1

I think it's Cam Newton. The dude can pretty much do everything you can ask from a QB. He can run, has a cannon for an arm, has great size and just knows how to get the ball into the endzone. He's one talented player who I am not looking forward to facing for the next 10 or so years.

To me it's Calvin Johnson. He's listed at 6'5" and 235 and he's still one of the fastest players on the field every Sunday. I feel sorry for DB's trying to cover him because he can leap out of the building and make some freakish catches.