Piggly Wiggly

MLB 2012 Postseason thread

mlb_postseason_2012.gif

Begins tomorrow with the Wild Card games.

A's get Verlander on Saturday. :Suicide:

Welp, let's do the whole DUCKS FLY TOGETHER thing in here too. LET'S GO BRAVES!!!!!

I shall be at work, but I am hoping for the best...

Braves just matchup up so well against us. Better SP, better bullpen, and of course they can score runs. If any offense can get to Medlen, it would be ours.... And if we want to win this game, we are going to have to get to him early, I feel.

No way can we let this get to the 8th or 9th without a lead. We would all be but toast.

Good luck to the Bravos... Although, it is probably us that needs it.

Lawl Braves defense.

Dear Bud Selig, Sam Holbrook, Michael Bourn and Dan Uggla

kZK8p.gif

Sincerely, Everyone.

Fixed.

We got to Medlen, with the help of the Atlanta Defense, and Motte finished her with a 4 out save. Somewhat surprised, especially with the three errors committed by Atlanta, but that's how the game goes sometimes.

I think we match up fairly well with Washington. Could be a solid series. Hope we don't embarrass ourselves.

cocoerror.gif

Catch AIDS, Coco.

Edited by BenJarvus Green-Ellis

The Nationals are winning the World Series. They have that "it" factor. They don't lose. Unless they choke, it's their championship to lose. (And boy I hope they choke.)

I'm fine with the Giants losing 'cause I also like the Reds. Just beat the Nats like Steven said.

Yankees start the playoffs with 7-2 victory..

A's get their first postseason victory in 6 years. :rock:

And fuck the Reds for not sweeping the Giants. :nonono:

My boy Coco making up for last game with the catch of the playoffs, robbing Prince of what probably would have been a homer. :yep:

Edited by BradyFan81

The Nationals are winning the World Series. They have that "it" factor. They don't lose. Unless they choke, it's their championship to lose. (And boy I hope they choke.)

I disagree completely. I think they're very overrated. They've played really well at home, though.. So maybe. Cardinals should be up 2 - 0 on their fail asses. Should have, could have though. Carp verse Edwin Jackson should be a win... Better be anyway. Then Lohse VS Detwiler. And by if we hit a Game 5, Waino VS Gio, which I would like to avoid. Again, I like our chances. Not saying we are guaranteed to win this series, but I think the Nats are far from a team of destiny.

I disagree completely. I think they're very overrated. They've played really well at home, though.. So maybe. Cardinals should be up 2 - 0 on their fail asses. Should have, could have though. Carp verse Edwin Jackson should be a win... Better be anyway. Then Lohse VS Detwiler. And by if we hit a Game 5, Waino VS Gio, which I would like to avoid. Again, I like our chances. Not saying we are guaranteed to win this series, but I think the Nats are far from a team of destiny.

I hope more than anything else that you are right. :yep:

I just think the Nats need an ace. A true number one starter that's just a star. If only they had one on their roster.

• Upvote 1

6 - 0 in the bottom of the 7th. And I agree with you Blots.. This series is MUCH MUCH different with Strasburg at the helm. If we hold on to this lead, it means we should have swept this sorry ass team if it wasn't for some shitty bullpen play in the 8th inning of game one.

Now, I know that stuff happens in the MLB.. So I am not mad or anything like that. But we have pretty handily whooped up on the Nats thus far... and if we lose this series, I will be very disappointed. Because as adamant as I was about the Braves being better than us, we are better than the Nats.

Fuck this shit. Nationals are embarrassing themselves, fuck you Bud Selig and your one game playoff. It would've at least been an interesting 3 game series with the Cards for the Braves. Sorry ass Nationals are frauds.

Even with Strasburg the postseason is a different animal. Their staff hardly has any postseason experience.

Gio was wild as hell, Zimmerman got hit hard and Jackson has been bad in limited postseason work.

Having a Chris Carpenter on your side is huge.

Even with Strasburg the postseason is a different animal. Their staff hardly has any postseason experience.

Gio was wild as hell, Zimmerman got hit hard and Jackson has been bad in limited postseason work.

Having a Chris Carpenter on your side is huge.

Absolutely agree with you. Carp has come up BIG in the postseason for us. He's gold. And even though Gio was all over the place, I would rather finish this before we get to a winner take all Game 5 where Gio is on the mound.

Tigers starter Anibal Sanchez, who pitched well but couldn’t match Anderson, said that it was the loudest stadium he had pitched in.

"Detroit, they have pretty good fans," Sanchez said. "[Tigers] fans really cheer for the team. They support the team and give you a loud ovation for everything. But the fans here are so loud … you can’t hear anything from your teammates, so you just hear fans yell. But it’s really fun."

Even when there's only 20k at the Coliseum, it's often louder than stadiums with a packed house of 40k. Can't fuck with the A's crowd. :nope: