ATL_Predator

Adrian Peterson says Eric Dickerson should be nervous

Does AP break Dickerson's record?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Does He Break It?

I know that a lot of people are saying that AP should still have a good game against the Texans, but I still have worries. I believe that J.J. Watt will wreck havoc on our line and get AP in the backfield a few times, and maybe even been enough to stop him from flat out dominating.

IDK... As a whole, that Houston defense has been bad as of late. The injuries are catching up to them.

Did you just toss out Jim Brown's name and put in Emmitt fuckin Smith's name instead? Get the fuck out of here. I dont know if I'm more surprised by that or that no one called you out on it.

• Jim Brown - 5.2 yards per carry and 104.7 yards per game.
  • Walter Payton - 4.4 yards per carry and 88 yards per game
  • Emmitt Smith - 4.2 yards per carry and 81.2 yards per game.

AP is averaging 5.1 yards per carry 98.4 yards per game.

Hold on. I don't know enough about Jim Brown's style to highlight what skill of his AP possesses. That's all it was. Calm the hell down, boys.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Adrian Peterson said his goal for this season is to run for 2,500 yards.

Peterson rumbled for 2,097 last season even though he was coming off a knee reconstruction and playing through a sports hernia. In order to reach 2,500 yards, he'd need to average 156.25 yards per day over 16 games. It's not going to happen, but Peterson is set up for another run at Eric Dickerson's single-season record of 2,105 yards. Lead-blocker Jerome Felton and mauling tackle Phil Loadholt are both back and Peterson will be 21 months removed from his ACL tear by the time Week 1 rolls around.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

More on this

Matt Cassell supports Peterson's quest for 2500 yards.

Cassell says that he'd "love to see" teammate Adrian Peterson break 2500 yards this upcoming season. Cassell says "I really will do what I can to help him. In order to get that many yards rushing, the coordinator really has to not want to pass the ball. I think I can do what I can to help with that." Cassel went on to cite his poor completion percentage and 1:2 TD:INT ratio for the 2012 season as a reason Peterson will get more carries.

Source: USA Today

Edited by blotsfan

Haha. Matt is walking and talking like he's the Vikings starting QB. Does he know something we don't? And he isn't giving himself much of an endorsement.

Favre4Ever believes anything he sees in a quote box

Favre4Ever, also known as JD, announced today that he will instinctively trust whatever is in a quote box. "Yeah, I just see that box, give it a quick read, and don't bother clicking the link. Who would lie?," says the prolific TGP poster. Others were astounded that he did not get the humor, but quickly moved on with their lives. JD could not be reached any further, as he was busy looking for proof that Peterson was actually created by the US government as an excuse to raise taxes.

Source: ESPN

Edited by blotsfan
  • Upvote 2

I was hoping you had linked to an onion article lol.

in case anyone's forgotten:

2500 yards is obscene, I laughed when CJ talked about it and it's just as laughable now. As has already been pointed out, he'd have to average over 156 yards per game to hit 2500 (precise average needs to be minimum 156.25) and that's not gonna happen, it's hard enough to put up those sorts of numbers over a short stretch, much less maintaining it for 16 games. For reference, OJ Simpson holds the record for single season ypg with 143.1 in 1973, when he broke 2000 yards in a 14 game season, and nobody else has averaged more than 133.1 ypg through a season (Jim Brown in '63) and the best anyone has done in a 16 game season is Dickerson's 131.6 in '84 (Peterson averaged 131.1 ypg this year) and only 11 players have averaged over 120 ypg in a season (OJ and Jim Brown both did it twice) only five have averaged more than 130 (the four mentioned and Walter Payton at 132.3 in 1977, a 14 game season) Someone mentioned expansion to 18 games as helpful, while it would certainly be easier, he'd still have to average 138.9 ypg to hit 2500 in an 18 game season, which isn't impossible, as mentioned it has been done, but it would be an amazingly high number and would require top end ypg to go up with two games added, which I don't see happening.

• Upvote 1