Bay

NHL General thread

Seth Jones is ours :smug:

He grew up an Avs fan

Seth Jones is ours :smug:

He grew up an Avs fan

:grinno: Flames will pick him in this year's Entry Draft! :yep:

lolAvs :facepalm:

I shall be at the Tampa Bay Times Forum tonight to cheer on my Flyers personally. :rock:

• Upvote 1

Sorry it didn't work out, Steve.

Holy shit ducks signed Corey Perry to an 8-year extension. They now have him and Getlzaf locked up for years.

The Anaheim Ducks have signed forward Corey Perry to an eight-year contract extension, the team announced Monday night.The NHL Network reported that the terms would be the same as the extension captain Ryan Getzlaf recently signed with the Ducks. Getzlaf signed an eight-year, $66 million extension on March 8.

Sorry it didn't work out, Steve.

Holy shit ducks signed Corey Perry to an 8-year extension. They now have him and Getlzaf locked up for years.

Wow. That will keep them competitive for a while.

Ducks went from looking like they were going to rebuild to Western Conference powerhouse.

• Upvote 1

Just give Paul MacLean the Jack Adams Trophy now.

Edited by Bay

Just give Paul MacLean the Jack Adams Trophy now.

Joel Quenneville deserves it more though, considering the way the Blackhawks have just dominated this season! :yep:

Joel Quenneville deserves it more though, considering the way the Blackhawks have just dominated this season! :yep:

Blackhawks didn't lose a Norris Trophy winner and their best forward.

Erik Karlsson and Jason Spezza.

Blackhawks didn't lose a Norris Trophy winner and their best forward.

Erik Karlsson and Jason Spezza.

But the Jack Adams trophy should go to the Head Coach that has the most consistent and best team in the NHL, which are the Blackhawks without any dispute whatsoever! :yep:

Awarded to the National Hockey League coach "adjudged to have contributed the most to his team's success."

^ Paul MacLean :yep:

Oh and forget to mention they lost Craig Anderson, ya know the guy who was on his way to a Vezina Trophy.

:cool:

Edited by Bay
  • Upvote 1

Good game, SteVo. :yep:

:smug:

• Upvote 2

Damn, those are some nice pics Steve. Especially the first one of Claude.

Oh, and fuck you Rangers. >_> Didn't get to see any of the game because I had class but it sounded like a fun one. Haven't watched the highlights just yet but I heard the goals were soft.

Well, I didn't get to see a Flyers win, but it was still a really exciting game with a great atmosphere. I had a good time. Went down to watch the Flyers warm up and got some pretty cool pictures. I'll post them in case anyone's interested. It was awesome being right up against the glass.

5273_10151381411723753_1865143392_n.jpg

525129_10151381411948753_484428623_n.jpg

481939_10151381412188753_214510740_n.jpg

Great pics indeed! :yep:

Was this game sold out? :shrug:

Great pics indeed! :yep:

Was this game sold out? :shrug:

If it wasn't, it was pretty damn close. There was a lot of orange in the crowd, as there usually is for Philly/Tampa games. As I said, the atmosphere was great.

• Upvote 1

Glad to see Ricky. Can't take Hedberg starting much more. :laugh:

Glad to see Ricky. Can't take Hedberg starting much more. :laugh:

He's come around to play pretty good the last five games, although last night he had some weird plays but also made some huge saves to keep us in it.

But yeah I'm thrilled to have Brodeur back. I heard something about someone keeping track and saying that with Brodeur the Devils might spend up to FIVE minutes less in their defensive end per game(due to his ability to play the puck and keep things going).

Most people don't realize that it's not just the goaltending with Marty but his ability to help out our offense and team as a whole.

Fuck yes! I love watching Marty play!

Also a happy 65th birthday to the best defenseman ever, Bobby Orr!

Edited by BigBen07

Edit: Landeskog with back-to-back games with a short handed goal :megusta:

So happy the Oilers drafted loser Nugents-Hopkins 1st overall and the Avs got Gabe

Edited by Bay

If it wasn't, it was pretty damn close. There was a lot of orange in the crowd, as there usually is for Philly/Tampa games. As I said, the atmosphere was great.

I love Flyers fans, the hardcore nature of the average Flyer fan and the great crowds that they have not only in Philly but around the NHL in other team's arenas! :yep::rock:

lolHurricanes. Dan Ellis left his net on a delayed penalty and Marty scored a goal.

Already looks sharp.

@ Dave Lozo: Martin Brodeur has more points (1 goal, 1 assist) than Darroll Powe (0) and Jeff Halpern (1) and as many as Brian Boyle.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21926232/watch-martin-brodeur-scores-goal-against-carolina

Edited by Bay

hey, Caps actually won tonight with Holby getting his fourth shutout on the season

hey, Caps actually won tonight with Holby getting his fourth shutout on the season

I'm glad. I'm not the biggest fan of Pavelec and him getting lit up brings me joy. :laugh:

Edited by Bay