Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Game of Thrones Season 5

Second trailer now out and it's time to move on from the Season 3 thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ZNaLQD60Y

I'm starting a new tradition of kneeling every time Stannis appears on screen.

Edited by RazorStar

There will be more trailers than episodes this year.

AFFC sucked anyway. DwD was good, but not great, it mainly just set up the next book.

AFFC sucked anyway. DwD was good, but not great, it mainly just set up the next book.

They're definitely slower but there are A LOT of new characters and new story lines to follow (especially with AFFC). For example:

Greyjoy Uncles

Asha with Stannis

Arianne and Doran

Quentyn

Aegon and Connington

And a lot of the already established characters (Tyrion, Brienne, Daenerys even) have really slow developing stories in these. Interested to see how it goes. I definitely think Episode 9 of S5 is Drogon in the fighting pit and Episode 10 ends with "For the Watch"

So yeah that's my concern with all that.

I didn't read the spoiler, but one thing GoT doesn't need is more characters. Hell, I already think they should be doing two seasons a year because of the depth of the cast. Just so many different characters and so many plots... What they give us a year just doesn't do it justice. If they have to add a significant number of characters, I really think it will be to the shows detriment.

I didn't read the spoiler, but one thing GoT doesn't need is more characters. Hell, I already think they should be doing two seasons a year because of the depth of the cast. Just so many different characters and so many plots... What they give us a year just doesn't do it justice. If they have to add a significant number of characters, I really think it will be to the shows detriment.

Book 4 establishes a lot of new characters and new locations, but I definitely think there are some that can be cut out or reduced greatly. They'll have to if they mean to combine Books 4 and 5 for one season. Mainly though since there's two more books coming out I can't say for sure which of those are ACTUALLY important, except for one that really isn't. I guess the ones they keep will give us some idea.

Edited by Tridentdawgpound

"The Mountain and the Viper."

OH. HELL. YES.

• Upvote 1

Awesome episode.

I might be the only one, but I like the new Daario. And Oberyn is a fucking boss.

Arya is a badass. Period.

I love when they mix humor in. I laughed my ass off at "What the fuck's a Lommy?"

Awesome opening to the new season! :rock:

Damn I love this show.

"Oh, I understand that if any more words come pouring out of your cunt mouth, I'm gonna have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• Upvote 2

Hound is a badass.

Goodnight, sweet prick. But one final shoutout to Jack Gleeson. Dude absolutely nailed the role. I started pacing around my room as shit got closer and closer to hitting the fan.

Best other part: Jaime "You will never marry my sister". Loras "Neither will you."

ALSO, JUST REMEMBERED. I can't find the video, but remember the South Park GoT parody trilogy? They spoiled that and none of you even knew it. :D

Also also can't stop reading "WHODUNIT" speculation. This is fun.

Edited by Tridentdawgpound
  • Upvote 1

Oberyn needs his own spin-off series. :yep:

Also, about damn time. If only Cersei went as well.

Guest Phailadelphia

I stopped reading at the end of book 2 because I came to believe the books are shit. Was not expecting that ending, and I was in peak "I FUCKING HATE THIS GUY" mode. So awesome.

Oh Joffrey, you died as you lived, like a bitch.

• Upvote 2

Best. Episode. Ever.

lol

Soooooo happy that little cunt is gone.

Now...the next one up to look forward to getting theirs...Cersei...