RT: Vollmer, Marcus Cannon as backup

DE: Chandler Jones, Ninkovich, Buchanan, Bequette, ___________

DT: Wilfork?, Tommy Kelly, Chris Jones, Siliga, Armstead, Vellano

LB: Mayo, Hightower, Collins, _________

CB: Revis, Browner, Alfonzo Dennard, Logan Ryan, Kyle Arrington

Safety: McCourty, Duron Harmon, Adrian Wilson, Tavon Wilson

ST: K- Gostkowsi, P- Allen, LS- Aiken

The main needs that I see are:

1.) The other safety spot next to McCourty. Duron Harmon I thought was decent last year as a rookie in limited action, Tavon Wilson has been horrible every time he's ever been on the field, and who knows with Adrian Wilson. I'd love if we could sign a veteran safety like Chris Clemons to complete the secondary.

2.) Defensive End/pass rusher - Ninkovich and Chandler Jones are good but they can't play every single snap like they did last year, it's just way too much. Have to keep them fresh by adding another pass rusher.

Buchanan is a big question mark, seems like he has potential though. Bequette I'm expecting to get cut this training camp. It's been 2 years and he can't even get on the field.

3.) Outside WR - Amendola will probably get injured in the 1st or 2nd game which will make Edelman the Slot WR, and leave the outside receivers as Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins and Boyce. That's putting a lot of faith in young players to make a huge leap from year 1 to year 2 and this would not bode well for the offense.

4.) Center- Wendell was horrible last year and an upgrade is needed there. Most likely this can be filled through the draft.

5.) LB - Not much depth there currently.

6.) RB - Ridley is a fumbling machine and Bolden sucks. Vereen is injury prone.

7.) TE - Insurance in case Gronk gets hurt again. Hooman should just be used for blocking.

Free Agency-

I'd love for BB to grab another safety and LB, and also a veteran WR. Maybe Nate Burleson, Miles Austin, Brandon LaFell, or James Jones and this offense really would be dynamic.

Draft-

Round 1: DE/outside pass rusher

Round 2: TE - Maybe Troy Niklas or CJ Fiederowicz.

Round 3: Center

Round 4: RB

Round 6: Offensive line

Round 7: Linebacker

Edited by BradyFan81
  • Upvote 2

will Gronk be back for the start of the season? and nice thread

Wait... Edleman isn't the main slot WR?

He played 51% of his snaps last year on the outside. When Amendola and him are both healthy though Amendola definitely is the primary inside guy.

will Gronk be back for the start of the season? and nice thread

Haven't really seen anything on Gronk's recovery yet, but hopefully.

I really hope Browner gets converted to SS. That would basically get rid of that issue. Outside of that, I think the priorities would be:

1. WR

2. C

3. Pass rusher

it doesnt look good for the future of the pats, they have cash strapped themselves in a attempt to with Denvers roster in the AFC.

• Downvote 5

it doesnt look good for the future of the pats, they have cash strapped themselves in a attempt to with Denvers roster in the AFC.

IN AN ATTEMPT TO WHAT????

• Upvote 1

IN AN ATTEMPT TO WHAT????

lol you pats fans can hand out all the negative reps you want but that doesn't take away the fact that signing revis, browner and wilfork to a extension you have cash strapped yourself. Just over 5 million in space with only a 63 man roster, that means you have to sign 27 still to fill out you roster for TC with Ridley and vereens contracts up this year and some big cap decisions coming. Lol don't shot the neutral messenger when presented with the facts.

I'm not a Denver fan, just a football fan in general but if you don't think your going to have to go throw Denver to get to the bs next year then you don't know much about football. Again, don't shot the messenger when presented with a opposite opinion

Edited by Wannabe scout
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

lol you pats fans can hand out all the negative reps you want but that doesn't take away the fact that signing revis, browner and wilfork to a extension you have cash strapped yourself. Just over 5 million in space with only a 63 man roster, that means you have to sign 27 still to fill out you roster for TC with Ridley and vereens contracts up this year and some big cap decisions coming. Lol don't shot the neutral messenger when presented with the facts.

Yes, because the Pats are completely clueless to when it comes to financial decisions. Pats have only put together a winning team year in and year out for well over a decade. Kraft and Co. must be virgins to making ''big cap decisions'' lmao.

Meanwhile, Denver has shelled out $26m guaranteed to an injury prone corner and $20m guaranteed to a severely declining DE. Financial geniuses!

I'm not a Denver fan, just a football fan in general but if you don't think your going to have to go throw Denver to get to the bs next year then you don't know much about football. Again, don't shot the messenger when presented with a opposite opinion

Bullshit lmao. You're not only a Denver fan, but a huge Denver homer. And I'm pretty certain you used to post here as ''Crash''.

BTW, here's a piece from one your posts...

Elway hasn't been wrong in any decisions yet. He has built a powerhouse who is getting better every year. Our cap money for next year is ridiculous!

Not a Denver fan, though. Got it.

Dolls_Laughing.gif

LOL you can say whatever you want man. It seems that theres only a couple decent guys on this site who want to just talk football. The first sign denial is lashing out. If you think Im wrong I would like to here why, cause at least I offered evidence that Ive researched and read thats formed my opinion. I'm not a fan of any one team, more a fan of players and maybe a lot of teams overall kinda hence the reason why I post about every team on any subject. my admiration of the job Elway has done running their team isnt a singular feeling, there are several GM's who i like and I follow their moves pretty close Edited by Wannabe scout
  • Downvote 4

You're not fooling anyone, moron. You've done nothing but hype up the Broncos and their "EHRMAGERD AMAZEBALLS!!11" offseason. You're a Denver homer, plain and simple.

All of us like talking football, but I'm pretty sure most of us don't like people blatantly lying about their fanhood. Or your ridiculous homerism, Crash.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You're not fooling anyone, moron. You've done nothing but hype up the Broncos and their "EHRMAGERD AMAZEBALLS!!11" offseason. You're a Denver homer, plain and simple.

All of us like talking football, but I'm pretty sure most of us don't like people blatantly lying about their fanhood. Or your ridiculous homerism, Crash.

LOL Ya say that to 3 guys who BS'd with me about 10 different teams for 6 hours on the chat last night. Again, I brought legit facts to a conversation, I'm sorry if those facts upset if you didnt know. *shrug* Whatever man, if you cant have a legit conversation about football without just trying to insult other peoples opinions, maybe you shouldnt try to voice your opinion.

Ha I havent taken a shot at you so I dont know why you got all upset.

Our offseason has been pretty fantastic :smug::yep:

The name-calling and rampant petulance never ceases to amaze me.

Personally, I think the Patriots have had a better off-season than the Broncos in every standpoint.

Financially, they destroyed the Broncos in getting value for younger and great players...like Revis and Browner. You can't deny that.

As far as competing with the Broncos..it's not really a competition. Broncos know the window is closing and are desperately trying to fix their needs via old FA's and players who deal with chronic injuries.

Re-signing Edelman was also big, but I think it'd be wise for the Pats to grab a WR or two early. Hopefully, Gronk can be healthy..because the Patriots may have a few holes right now. But I'd honestly say they are the best team in the AFC at this point.

• Upvote 2

Spoiler Alert: AFC is weaksauce. Denver may win the conference again, but it wont matter because the NFC Champion will dismantle them. :troll:

And yeah using words like "our" to describe a team pretty clearly shows you are, in fact, a Denver fan, wannabe scout.

But yeah, if I were a Patriots fan, I'd trust Belichek and Kraft's cap management over some guy on a forum lol. The Pats have won the AFC East for like 12 straight years, only missing when Brady wasn't even playing- and then they still went 11-5.

Especially when both acquisitions seem very good and filled some holes.

Elway seems desperate. He's gotten some good players, but they are risky as fuck signings. He doesn't really have a choice because when Peyton is gone- oh no wait, when Peyon is gone they will have about half their cap space back.

So I don't know why he gives these players ridiculous contracts lol.

Edited by Thanatos19

The Patriots signed Revis to a short term deal while the Broncos shelled out tons over a long period of time to a guy who is injury prone and flat out stupid and may get himself kicked out of the league at any moment.

Might be awhile before this franchise gets back on track, depending on how much their blocking can improve in one offseason. What's their cap situation like? It's really curious to me how they neglected WR and OL in this past year's draft. With how loaded the draft was at WR, they could've gotten a Martavis Bryant or something in the 5th round.

I cant stand the patriots, but with that being said they can neglect it because up until now Brady has been able to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Their run might be over, in comparison to the broncos is there really any debate about management ? The Broncos have been contenders for what 3 years ? So yeah, they have a tendency to believe that they can sustain losses and remain competitive because they have before. Brady had the same cast at WR last year and went the hell off anyway.

The OL, yeah it sucks but they also lost a long tenured coach and the extent of what he did went by and large unknown until recently.

As to Crash, I thought before and now that he was a dumbass and still maintain that.

Fun trivia question, When Brady was winning Super bowls who was his wide receiving corps ?

• Upvote 2

Perhaps the men up in the fancy sweets should spend a little more time on getting Tom Brady some help. I mean, yeah, he's awesome, but at some point you need to at least TRY and help the guy out. The Patriots haven't helped Tom Brady since they acquired Randy Moss.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it's not like they drafted Gronkowski, Hernandez, Vereen, Ridley, Solder, Dobson, signed Woodhead, Amendola, et cetera.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

I know that both of them are incredibly inconsistent, but it makes no sense to not have Dobson and Thompkins active on game day. They can't develop consistency if they're not allowed to develop chemistry and rhythm with their quarterback. I understand that Belichick believes he's giving them what they deserve for their lack of production, but this offense needs both of them. Badly. Just play the damn kids, Bill.

Also, as A-Rod said to Packers fans before Sunday--people need to relax. It's early in the season. The Pats offense is figuring itself out. It'll be fine. The rest of the AFC East isn't exactly taking off for the moon, anyway.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

Yeah it's really not that complicated, we just don't have the weapons on the outside. Combined with spotty OL play and the offense is a disaster. But Dobson needs to play, BB needs to get his head out of his ass there. That'll help, but it won't make THAT much of a difference ultimately. What we need is a major influx of talent at the skill positions in the next draft similar to 2010 when they drafted Gronk and Hernandez. And we have a ton of cap space so I'm hoping we use it to bring the best WR on the FA market next year.

More concerned about the defense's performance last night. BB has been building this defense for years. So many 1st rounds picks used on D, big signings on D and we still look like shit. Devin McCourty, Chandler Jones, Donta Hightower, Jamie Collins (2nd round pick but was our 1st pick that draft), Dominique Easley. Signed Revis. And we fucking suck. That's the saddest part. The defensive genius has hand picked this D, built it the exact way he envisioned it..and it blows.

It's time for us to get a real GM in here and just tell BB to be the coach. Also our cheap ass owners need to spend money to help out our 37 year old QB in his twilight years.

Edited by BradyFan81

Yeah, it's not like they drafted Gronkowski

7 surgeries in the past 2 years. Bad knee, bad arm, bad back. He's a shell of himself.

Hernandez

currently being held without bail in Bristol county jail :megusta:

Vereen

Why do people think Vereen is good?

Solder

One of the worst LTs in the NFL.

Dobson

A healthy Inactive 3 of 4 weeks.

signed Woodhead

and then let Woodhead go.

Amendola

ummmm..

et cetera.

:unsure:

I've seen this before. People thought Brady was declining in 2006, then we got Moss Welker and Stallworth and set records. We thought Brady was declining in 2009, then we got Gronk and Hernandez and were a top 3 offense in the NFL from 2010-2012. Just need to get some talent in here next year and the offense will be back.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 surgeries in the past 2 years. Bad knee, bad arm, bad back. He's a shell of himself.

currently being held without bail in Bristol county jail :megusta:

Why do people think Vereen is good?

One of the worst LTs in the NFL.

A healthy Inactive 3 of 4 weeks.

and then let Woodhead go.

ummmm..

:unsure:

I've seen this before. People thought Brady was declining in 2006, then we got Moss Welker and Stallworth and set records. We thought Brady was declining in 2009, then we got Gronk and Hernandez and were a top 3 offense in the NFL from 2010-2012. Just need to get some talent in here next year and the offense will be back.

Yeah, no shit. You act like I don't follow the NFL. The point is that they've not ignored the offense like Rainman suggested.