Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

SteVo's Mock Draft 1.0

Every pick makes sense. Awesome. Sets up for the WR run in the 2nd. Like everyone else I'll say my team could be better off with a different player but I would not be offended if we snagged Ealy and came back to a Martavis Bryant or Louis Landry at WR in the 2nd

I like the Cooks pick. If Dee Ford is on the board at 22 I think I'd rather have him because the Eagles need a pass rusher and there just simply is not a lot of good pass rushers. Plus I really like Ford. I think he's got a good shot at being the best pass rusher in the draft from OLB. If Cooks is the guy though I won't complain. We'd immediately replace DeSean Jackson with a guy who I think could very well end up being the best WR in the draft. I see a lot of Steve Smith in Cooks.

Steven, pls. Stop hating. Johnny Football is the best QB prospect in this class. Within 4-5 years, Bortles and Bridgewater will be looking for work in the CFL while Johnny is still shitting on defenses in the NFL. :yes:

And the Pats better not spend the 29th overall pick for any CB. :yao: Any rookie CB would likely be buried on the depth chart with Revis, Browner, Dennard, Arrington, and Ryan already being there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We better not spend the 11th overall pick for a #2 CB.

Does Gilbert really have a limited ceiling like that? Everything I've seen about him has been very positive.

Steven, pls. Stop hating. Johnny Football is the best QB prospect in this class. Within 4-5 years, Bortles and Bridgewater will be looking for work in the CFL while Johnny is still shitting on defenses in the NFL. :yes:

Pikachu_haters_gonna_hate.gif

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't spend a first rounder on a TE. If Clinton-Dix is available,we should grab him.

The rest looks good :yep:

SpikeClapping.gif

Edited by BucD

Can't tell if you're serious.

Churnebble pls. 95% of Phil's posts/remarks are in jest.

No thanks to Carr at #4, won't need him there because I think he might fall to #26.

I'd prefer Benjamin or a guard (Su'a-Filo or Yankey) at #26.

CB makes sense because BB always takes a position in the 1st round that no one is expecting. Revis could be gone after next year, and Browner is kind of unreliable because of the drug problems. So CB is okay I guess if BB sees someone he likes.

There's no good CBs from Rutgers though, so idk..

I'm a bigger fan of Robinson than Matthews. But I'd be happy with either.

If the Cardinals decided to pull the trigger on Mosely there...and Washington pulls his head out of his ass..that is one scary..scary defense.

Does Gilbert really have a limited ceiling like that? Everything I've seen about him has been very positive.

I dunno, probably not. But we've already got a top 10, borderline top 5 CB in Jason McCourty. Gilbert will come in as the #2 CB and will likely stay as that during his tenure here.

For what it's worth I don't think Gilbert has any business going in the top 20 picks. Here's a short scouting report I did on him:

Pros:
• Great top recovery speed, when in position breaks on the ball very well
• Stays on top of his WR in press man bail, long arms, can be molded into good press CB
• Excellent return man, potential to be an elite special teams player in all capacities

Cons:
• Struggles in backpedal and sinking his hips due to overly long legs
• Poor reaction out of breaks in both press/off-man
• Routinely exposed by lateral quickness against horizontal routes

Not a great cover corner. Press man guy who needs the right system to thrive. Gets burnt horizontally due to not being able to sink his hips due to his body type (long legs, short torso.) Plays great in press bail, stays on top of man and has the recovery speed when initially beat vertically. Great ball skills. Good player, just has a glaring weakness that smart teams will look to expose. Needs to be in the right system, isn't a plug and play guy. I like him, just not top 20 wise due to all the other talent in this draft.

• Upvote 1

I'm a bigger fan of Robinson than Matthews. But I'd be happy with either.

If the Cardinals decided to pull the trigger on Mosely there...and Washington pulls his head out of his ass..that is one scary..scary defense.

I dont see mosley as a upgrade over Kevin minter who should slid right in as the starter next to washington

• Upvote 1

If we drafted Haha, I would be beyond pissed off especially if Calvin Pryor is still on the board.

I just don't see us going CB in general at 11, as much as I hate losing Verner I'm warming up to the idea of Sensabaugh and Wreh-Wilson fighting for the second spot in camp, I'd rather see us beef up our front seven, if the board falls like this I think we'll either grab Donald or Barr

Edited by oochymp

If we drafted Haha, I would be beyond pissed off especially if Calvin Pryor is still on the board.

You're the only person I've seen think possible "bust" with HHCD. What do you see that we're all missing?

I've went over his tapes three times, the kid's instincts and the angles he takes are amazing. Long, lean but still shows surprising strength and power against the run. Very smart player, diagnoses plays and 9/10 makes the right decision when making a move, very little false steps (which can be killer at FS.)

I think he's one of the best prospects in the draft period honestly. :shrug:

I also am not overly impressed with Dix, I had him in the 40s or late 30s (gotta go back and look at my top 64 and update it). IDK, when I watch him play he doesn't really flash to me. Great athlete, but the instinct is spotty to me, there are times when he's a little late on the recognition and relies on speed and range to recover.

Granted this is all from youtube snippets etc, but give Joyner and Pryor before Haha.

Yeah our opinions are way different (but that's cool though), I don't even think Pryor is a FS in the NFL. :shrug: I think his best fit is SS. If I were to have to grade Pryor as a FS, I'd have Jimmie Ward over him too. Not as high on Pryor as everyone else I guess. Joyner either (and I'm a Noles fan.)

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

I definitely don't want Dix. He more than likely won't make it to us at 21, and I pray he doesn't because I am afraid we would take him.

You're the only person I've seen think possible "bust" with HHCD. What do you see that we're all missing?

I've went over his tapes three times, the kid's instincts and the angles he takes are amazing. Long, lean but still shows surprising strength and power against the run. Very smart player, diagnoses plays and 9/10 makes the right decision when making a move, very little false steps (which can be killer at FS.)

I think he's one of the best prospects in the draft period honestly. :shrug:

I just dont see it, I guess we are seeing different things. For example in the Georgia game I can think of a few things and they show on tape where he got made to look like a fool. If it were not for Aaron Murray having less than ideal arm strength he would have ever gotten a pick and would have been burned badly since he was out of position.

Tavarres King made him his biatch. He got beat over the top so many times it would have been bad if Murray had the arm to get it there. That game alone could have dropped him ten spots.

Then when I watched him closely his instincts are overrated because he stands flat footed in the backfield until the ball i either handed off or the QB is going into his drop. Then I was watching on a 3rd and 4 and his down and distance awareness and play combinations are less than ideal. He bailed out on the back half when n receiver was going for a route but blocking.

He gets caught up in the wash often and people mistake him arriving after the tackle as always being around the ball. That is not exactly what scouts have in mind.

He is a catch tackler the majority of the time. Which is scary.

Then compound this stuff with he had the "best" college corner last year helping him and still getting made to look a fool is pathetic.

Then watching Alabama v.s A&M this year did nothing for me, EVERY receiver on that team victimized him at least once. Two were for touchdowns and Mike Evans made him look like a dufus. He just made HHCD look like he did not belong on the same field.

These are two of the most prominent, but the rest of his tape I look at and just think, this is the best safety in this class ?

Then factor in how easy Alabama's system makes defensive players shine, this guy should not have tape like that.

Just looking at it for the 5 or so games I saw him in this year and the same number last year I would not touch him in the first round. he has too much to correct. If he is being owned by Manziel I feel for him when he gets in the leage and faces top 10 QB's.

No thanks.

Yeah our opinions are way different (but that's cool though), I don't even think Pryor is a FS in the NFL. :shrug: I think his best fit is SS. If I were to have to grade Pryor as a FS, I'd have Jimmie Ward over him too. Not as high on Pryor as everyone else I guess. Joyner either (and I'm a Noles fan.)

He legitimately reminds me of Sean Taylor. He is best suited for SS as a rookie, but once he gets some coaching, he has the hands, range, and instincts to be a great at FS. I think the kid is going to dominate in three years.