Sign in to follow this  
RazorStar

Razor Ranks the Receiving Corps (2014 Fun Times Edition)

31. Jacksonville Jaguars

Weighted Rank (2.425/5) Sum (14/30)

WR1 Cecil Shorts (3/5)

WR2 Ace Sanders (2/5)

WR3 Marqise Lee (2/5)

TE1 Marcedes Lewis (3/5)

RB1 Toby Gerhart (2/5)

Depth (2/5)

This ranking has a lot to do with the youth of the Jags. Like I said, all rookies would be getting a 2 to start with, so a young corps like this with a lot of growing to do could easily ascend the ranks if Lee and Allen Robinson pan out as stars. There is potential to be had here, but it needs time to develop. Being able to put Cecil Shorts a little further down the depth chart would do wonders for this team.

30. Kansas City Chiefs

Weighted Rank (2.425/5) Sum (15/30)

WR1 Dwayne Bowe (3/5)

WR2 Donnie Avery (2/5)

WR3 AJ Jenkins (1/5)

TE1 Anthony Fasano (2/5)

RB Jamaal Charles (5/5)

Depth (1/5)

I think if anyone wants to make an argument for Jamaal Charles being MVP, they can just mention how dogshit the rest of the KC offense is. Hell, I feel like I was being generous putting Dwayne Bowe as a solid starter. Maybe if CFL superstar Weston Dressler breaks out in the NFL things will be different, but KC never seems to have their CFL projects pan out (Casey Printers, Marc Boerighter...)

• Upvote 1

29. New York Giants (BLUE MAD)

Weighted Rank (2.525/5) Sum (14/30)

WR1 Victor Cruz (4/5)

WR2 Reuben Randle (4/5)

WR3 Odell Beckham (2/5)

TE Some POS (1/5)

RB1 Rashad Jennings (2/5)

Depth (1/5)

So yeah, here's the problem with the Giants. Two receivers does not a WR corps make. And while Cruz and Randle can do a lot, having no intermediate options causes a serious problem. However, they added a rookie who should make a positive impact, and a new offensive coordinator should help Manning elevate his shitty tight ends to mediocrity. The immediate outlook is bad, but there is enough room for growth here to not get too discouraged.

28. Cleveland Browns (No Josh Gordon)

Weighted Rank (2.525/5) Sum (15/30)

WR1 Andrew Hawkins (2/5)

WR2 Miles Austin (2/5)

WR3 Nate Burleson (3/5)

TE1 Jordan Cameron (5/5)

RB1 Ben Tate (2/5)

Depth (1/5)

So yeah, it doesn't matter who wins the starting job for cleveland's WR, I wouldn't change their grades unless Hawkins did something to really impress me, or Miles Austin went back in time to when he was good. Jordan Cameron is the lone bright spot now, and that let's them barely avoid the cellar. If Josh Gordon wasn't such a fuckup, they'd be about 10-15 spots higher I'm sure. Ben Tate has never been a big receiving back, and Cleveland's depth is non-existent.

27. New York Jets

Weighted Rank (2.6/5) Sum (15/30)

WR1 Eric Decker (4/5)

WR2 Jeremy Kerley (2/5)

WR3 Stephen Hill (2/5)

TE1 Jace Amaro (2/5)

RB Chris Johnson (3/5)

Depth (2/5)

So Eric Decker was one of the hardest players for me to rank, and his ranking changes whether the Jets are the second worst or not. In the end I went with my homer instincts and I feel like you could give a strong argument that he is in fact a 3, but until he plays with Geno I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Other than that, Jace Amaro and Chris Johnson should help this awful pass offense become something more than what they are. It's up to Geno to find his guys on a consistent basis though.

26. St. Louis Rams

Weighted Rank (2.625/5) Sum (16/30)

WR1 Chris Givens (2/5)

WR2 Austin Pettis (2/5)

WR3 Tavon Austin (3/5)

TE1 Jared Cook (3/5)

RB Zac Stacy (2/5)

Depth (4/5)

So the one thing the Rams have going for them is they have a lot of ok players to throw to. None of them have really broken the mold though. Jared Cook has come close, and Tavon Austin had some really amazing games after a slow start, so there's a lot to look forward to there. If anyone could develop into a real receiver in this group, look out. Until then, Sam and the Rams should just hand the ball off. Stacy is pretty good at running the football.

25. Carolina Panthers

Weighted Rank (2.675/5) Sum (16/30)

WR1 Kelvin Benjamin (2/5)

WR2 Jerricho Cotchery (3/5)

WR3 Jason Avant (3/5)

TE Greg Olsen (4/5)

RB DeAngelo Williams (2/5)

Depth (2/5)

Well I couldn't put this off any longer. Adding Benjamin, Cotchery and Avant did a lot for the Panthers, changing them from a team with no receivers to a team with a bunch of third options. And that is good enough for a spot this high. Tiquan Underwood, Marvin McNutt and Tavarres King give the Panthers a lot of young options who have a chance at developing further, but at this point in time no one stands out.

23t. Minnesota Vikings

Weighted Rank (2.7/5) Sum (16/30)

WR1 Greg Jennings (3/5)

WR2 Cordarelle Patterson (3/5)

WR3 Jairus Wright (2/5)

TE Kyle Rudolph (3/5)

RB Adrian Peterson (3/5)

Depth (2/5)

Minnesota has a young group with a lot of potential, but this group would be better if Greg Jenning's play hadn't declined so much in these past years. Cordarelle is looking poised to break out this season, and Kyle Rudolph has always been so close to being a great receiving tight end. The depth is shaky, but Jerome Simpson is a playmaker when he wants to show up. A poor man's Josh Gordon if you will. That was the only thing keeping me from giving the Vikings a 1 for depth, which would drop them below the Browns.

23t. Seattle Seahawks

Weighted Rank (2.7/5) Sum (16/30)

WR1 Percy Harvin (3/5)

WR2 Doug Baldwin (3/5)

WR3 Jermaine Kearse (2/5)

TE Zach Miller (3/5)

RB Marshawn Lynch (3/5)

Depth (2/5)

So the Seahawks are here pretty low on the list, but that can be explained by a few things. 1. A Healthy Percy Harvin + a Healthy Sidney Rice would make this group so much better, but you absolutely cannot count on either of those guys for anything. I feel like I'm being generous giving Harvin a 3 if he only see the field for two games again. But ignoring that, the Seahawks have a lot of good options, and young guys who could develop into real threats like Doug Baldwin or Paul Richardson. Marshawn Lynch is a solid but not ideal option for receiving runningback, and Zach Miller is slowing down just a little bit.

22. Tennessee Titans

Weighted Rank (2.775/5) Sum (16/30)

WR1 Kendall Wright (3/5)

WR2 Nate Washington (4/5)

WR3 Justin Hunter (2/5)

TE Delanie Walker (3/5)

RB Bishop Sankey (2/5)

Depth (2/5)

So I was saying there were two receivers I was absolutely struggling with placing? Kendall Wright was the other. I feel like you could make a strong argument for him being a 4, on the cusp of eliteness that I strongly considered bumping him up, or listing him as a 5 as a second WR, but that didn't make sense, Wright is the Titans number 1 option. For the other guys, Nate Washington has developed nicely as a Titan and became a real number 2 option a team can be proud of. Justin Hunter had some amazing plays, but his game is completely feast or famine, hit or miss and more often than not it was a miss. He needs to develop some consistency in his game to help his QB out. Delanie Walker is a solid option who is trying to get out of Vernon Davis' shadow and all together that gives them a strong set of starters with a lot of room for growth. The RB and depth situation needs work, but part of that is my rookies get a 2 grade, and the other part of that is beside the RB committee, Locker doesn't have a real decent fallback option if any of his top guys go down. Dexter McCluster is all that is there to give them... something.

21. Arizona Cardinals

Weighted Rank (2.775/5) Sum (16/30)

WR1 Larry Fitzgerald (4/5)

WR2 Michael Floyd (4/5)

WR3 Ted Ginn (3/5)

TE Rob Housler (1/5)

RB Andre Ellington (3/5)

Depth (1/5)

The Cardinals have a group that is in a lot of flux. I feel like Larry Fitzgerald is no longer an elite number 1 option. Still really close, but he is slowing down. Michael Floyd on the other hand is on the rise, after a questionable rookie season where he got called out by Larry it wasn't looking good for his career, but he seems to have shaped up and turned into a playmaker. If he keeps improving at a good pace, you might see the Cardinals shoot up this list. Ted Ginn is an alright third option, nothing special but he's not a complete liability anymore like he was in Miami. Andre Ellington has a lot of potential as a receiving back and if Carson uses him some more this offense could have the dimension it needs to overtake the NFC West. However Rob Housler is shit, and if any of their receivers go down, the Cardinals are fucked with a capital FUCK.

20. Tampa Bay Bucs

Weighted Sum (2.875/5) Sum (17/30)

WR1 Vincent Jackson (4/5)

WR2 Mike Evans (3/5) (A rare rookie I'll give a higher grade to)

WR3 Louis Murphy? (1/5)

TE Austin Sef-Jenkins (2/5)

RB Doug Martin (4/5)

Depth (3/5)

So... the Bucs like them some tall receivers. Other than Louis Murphy and all of their third receivers being complete doggy doo-doo, they have a lot of decent options, and if Sef-Jenks and Evans develop they'll be a lot higher on the list. Also having Brandon Myers, Timothy Wright and Bobby Rainey as potential receiving options marks good things. Losing VJax or Evans would spell a bad season for either Glennon or McCown though. Because Chris Owusu, David Gettis, Robert Herron, Eric Page or whoever they plan on trotting out will not do the trick. They should probably never go into 3 wide sets.

19. Philadelphia Eagles

Weighted Rank (2.875/5) Sum (18/30)

WR1 Riley Cooper (3/5)

WR2 Jeremy Maclin (2/5)

WR3 Jordan Matthews (2/5)

TE Zach Ertz (3/5)

RB Darren Sproles (5/5)

Depth (3/5)

So I know you're thinking, Darren Sproles isn't their number 1 back, Faggot. That's cheating. And I say, don't call me a pile of sticks you slopgobbler. Sproles will be taking a large share of receptions, as he always had no matter who he's been playing with. McCoy will probably see his use in that regard subtracted a bit, but he'll get more opportunities to feast on weaker coverage. Ertz showed he could play in the big leagues, and having Casey and Celek behind him gives a lot of tight end depth should a man go down. The receivers are impacted greatly by losing DeSean, but having a healthy Maclin spares them a complete loss. I may be generous giving Riley Cooper a grade of 3 as a number 1 option, but he thrived with Foles at the helm so I figure this is a fair evaluation. Aside from that Jordan MAtthews and Josh Huff will battle for the third spot (possibly the second if Maclin doesn't hold up), and then you have guys like Damaris Johnson, Arrelious Benn and Brad Smith to provide solid sustainable depth.

OMG, go faster.

I think the Vikings could be a team that could jump the most, honestly. I love the pieces on offense they have, they just don't have the offensive coaches to put a plan together to get a use out of them. Not only that, but they have had nothing at QB since Bert Furvuh left. Literally nothing. I still remember that one Josh Freeman start as one of the most embarrassing things ever.

Very well, let's get the bottom half done. I've been playing too much Fire Emblem, grinding for Galeforce...

18. Baltimore Ravens

Weighted Rank (2.925/5) Sum (17/30)

WR1 Torrey Smith (3/5)

WR2 Steve Smith (3/5)

WR3 Jacoby Jones (3/5)

TE Dennis Pitta (4/5)

RB Ray Rice (2/5)

Depth (2/5)

I may be being too harsh on the Ravens here, Torrey Smith and Ray Rice have good arguments to be higher on here than the credit I'm giving them. Sure Joe Flacco is not a great QB, but there was more to their offensive breakdown than just him. Having Pitta healthy means he has a safety blanket again, and it'll open up the field for Torrey Smith. If they had Steve Smith from even three years ago, they'd be thrilled with this unit. Otherwise, it's a bunch of guys who are almost there. Especially since Ray Rice fell off a cliff. Marlon Brown proved decent as a depth option, and maybe he's the guy who takes the next step. Depth besides him? Virtually nonexistent unless they expect Owen Daniels to not fizzle out. It's an alright corps, but it's also an alright corpse. Get it... because they signed a bunch of old guys...

MOVING ON!

17. Buffalo Bills

Weighted Rank (2.925/5) Sum (18/30)

WR1 Sammy Watkins (3/5) The other rookie who gets the benefit of the doubt.

WR2 Robert Woods (2/5)

WR3 Mike Williams (3/5)

TE Scott Chandler (3/5)

RB C.J. Spiller (4/5)

Depth (3/5)

So what can you say about this group? It's incredibly young, one rookie leads the charge, two sophomores are fighting to be the second and third guys, and the veteran of the bunch is a 5th year Mike Williams who has a fair bit of talent, but his own share of problems. Scott Chandler has always been a reliable tight end in his time with Buffalo, but he'll never blow the lid off a defense. CJ Spiller might be that guy, and when you combine him with Fred Jackson, Bryce Brown, Anthony Dixon and Tony Moeaki, EJ Manuel has a decent group of guys to throw to. There is a lot of potential to be had, but it'd be just like the Bills to never realize it.

• Upvote 1

16. Houston Texans

Weighted Rank (2.975/5) Sum (17/30)

WR1 Andre Johnson (5/5)

WR2 DeAndre Hopkins (3/5)

WR3 DeVier Posey (1/5)

TE Garrett Graham (2/5)

RB Arian Foster (4/5)

Depth (2/5)

This is how far you take a poor receiving corps when you have a legitimate number 1 option. The Texans offense will live and die by Andre Johnson's play. Garrett Graham was not much of a replacement for Owen Daniels, and the disaster depth after Hopkins has not been remedied. I feel generous giving their depth a 2, if only because I think CJ Fedorawicks is gonna be a big deal. Yeah, projecting. I also might be giving Arian Foster too much credit, he looked worn down last year. This is probably a team you look at to make a major tumble down this list.

15. Miami Dolphins

Weighted Rank (3.1/5) Sum (18/30)

WR1 Mike Wallace (3/5)

WR2 Brian Hartline (4/5)

WR3 Jarvis Landry (2/5)

TE Charles Clay (4/5)

RB Lamar Miller (2/5)

Depth (3/5)

Even without Wallace panning out as a top ten WR, the Dolphins corps is still inccredibly deep with a varied set of weapons for any situation. The Swiss Army Knife of the group is clearly Brian Hartline, who makes difficult catches all over the field and bails Tannehill out a lot with his adjustments. Mike Wallace can still take the top of the defense and when Clay gets rolling he's difficult to stop. Jarvis Landry is built just like Hines Ward so I expect him to make a huge impact for the Fish. Brandon Gibson and Rishard Matthews proved to be reliable depth options last year, not to mention they picked up Knowshon Moreno to help pick up the slack. Except he needs to get his knee fixed. Eh, can't win them all.

Anyone want to take a crack at predicting the order of the top 10? Winner gets a prize. It's a good one. <_>

1. Broncos

2. Bears

3. Packers

4. 49ers

5. Redskins

6. Lions

7. Cowboys

8. Dolphins

9. Saints

10. Chargers

But as long as I'm making this post you jipped the Giants off huge. Even if Victor Cruz didn't light it up last year, having his monster 1400 yard season and his other terrific season should count for a ton more. His health, consistency, hands, reliability, character, he's been a top 7 wide out the last three years. You give the Panthers more credit just for having Kelvin Benjamin but the Giants get no credit for drafting Odell Beckham Jr who will have the superior career. The Giants have an elite guy, a solid young guy, and a future star. I'd take their group over the Pats' group. They just have no tight end.

Edited by BC

The Giants have no depth whatsoever which sinks their grade. Cruz is a pretty good receiver, but I would not put him into the same category as Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson. Just as well, I gave Benjamin and Beckham the same grade, 2/5. That actually hurt the Panthers score more, as Benjamin is listed as the Panthers top guy. What really gave the Panthers an edge was signing Avant and Cotchery, two solid vets to improve their depth and starters, and having Greg Olsen at Tight End naturally.

Eagles will be in the top ten at the very least by seasons end. They're going to get a lot out of their rookies and if Maclin stays healthy he'll be borderline pro bowl I think.

Oh and Maclin has been working as the number 1 in camps so far.

Edited by seanbrock

1. 49ers

2. Broncos

3. Bears(Depth kills)

4. Redskins

5. Lions

6. Bengals

7. Packers

8. Cowboys

9. Saints

10. Falcons

1. Broncos

2. Bears

3. Packers

4. 49ers

5. Redskins

6. Lions

7. Cowboys

8. Dolphins

9. Saints

10. Chargers

But as long as I'm making this post you jipped the Giants off huge. Even if Victor Cruz didn't light it up last year, having his monster 1400 yard season and his other terrific season should count for a ton more. His health, consistency, hands, reliability, character, he's been a top 7 wide out the last three years. You give the Panthers more credit just for having Kelvin Benjamin but the Giants get no credit for drafting Odell Beckham Jr who will have the superior career. The Giants have an elite guy, a solid young guy, and a future star. I'd take their group over the Pats' group. They just have no tight end.

I love people who act so certain about draftees who haven't taken a snap in the NFL.

I remember a certain someone on this very board telling me Blaine Gabbert *will* have the superior career to Newton as well.

You don't have a clue who will have the better career, BC. Let's start with the fact that Beckham has a worse QB throwing to him and go from there.

Edited by Thanatos19

14. New England Patriots

Weighted Rank (3.2/5) Sum (20/30)

WR1 Danny Amendola (2/5)

WR2 Julian Edelman (3/5)

WR3 Kenbrell Thompkins (2/5)

TE Rob Gronkowski (5/5)

RB Shane Vereen (4/5)

Depth (4/5)

If the Texans are an exercise to see how far a team with only a number 1 WR can go, the Patriots are an exercise to see how far a team with no number 1 WR can go. The Patriots receivers are virtually interchangeable, with Aaron Dobson and Brandon LaFell being viable starters for this team if anyone were to go down due to injury... Amendola. Gronk is the best tight end in the game when he can get on the field, but at the very least he''ll give you half a season before he breaks something. Shane Vereen broke out as a receiver for the Pats and it's possible he could be an even larger part of the offense this season. Bolden and Ridley are decent options as well, though they lack Vereen's game changing ability as receivers. If Dobson, Thompkins or even Josh Boyce started developing as a real number 1 option at WR, the Pats would have a group to be feared.

1. Broncos (I don't think Razor's gonna go Broncos, but I gotta do it anyway)

2. Lions

3. Bears

4. 49ers

5. Packers

6. Bengals

7. Redskins

8. Chargers

9. Falcons

10. Saints

13. Dallas Cowboys

Weighted Rank (3.225/5) Sum (18/30)

WR1 Dez Bryant (5/5)

WR2 Terrance Williams (3/5)

WR3 Devin Street (2/5)

TE Jason Witten (4/5)

RB DeMarco Murray (3/5)

Depth (1/5)

The Cowboys have a very strong 5 man group. If any one of those guys went down, they'd be greatly impacted because they have a whole lot of nothing behind them. Cole Beasley is adequate, but he's a long way from becoming a player dumb announcers confuse with Wes Welker. Dez will continue to fart on the league's head, but JWitten is slowing down. I'd like to see if some of their young prospects develop under the mighty arm of Brandon Weeden. Er... Tony Romo.

12. Indianapolis Colts

Weighted Rank (3.3/5) Sum (19/30)

WR1 Reggie Wayne (4/5)

WR2 Hakeem Nicks (3/5)

WR3 T.Y. Hilton (4/5)

TE Dwayne Allen (3/5)

RB Trent Richardson (2/5)

Depth 3/5

At least the Colts are trying to replicate what they did for Peyton. First round runningbacks, big FA pickups, high draft choices on receivers, they are building a solid group. Trent Richardson is the only real miss of the bunch, and I can't believe the people who swindled the Colts so go fired. T.Y Hilton is the guy you look to when you see if the Colts can take their offense to the next level. He needs to develop more route running abilities. His double move may be the best in football, but you can't beat every team with speed. Having Wayne and Nicks should take pressure off of him and let him succeed in this system. Dwayne Allen is also a guy who you look at and hope he continues his positive development. Aside from that, Donte Moncrief, Vick Ballard, Ahmad Bradshaw and Coby Fleener all provide a vast amount of depth for Andrew Luck. This kid has a lot of weapons to work with. Heck, Hakeem Nicks could even return to form here, but that's magical christmas land, and Jesus is a Pats fan.

11. Pittsburgh Steelers

Weighted Rank (3.325/5) Sum (19/30)

WR1 Antonio Brown (5/5)

WR2 Markus Wheaton (2/5)

WR3 Lance Moore (4/5)

TE Heath Miller (3/5)

RB Le'Veon Bell (3/5)

Depth (2/5)

Tell me about your delicious tears RazorStar. Le'Veon Bell could have been yours... but this is not all about Le'Veon Bell, the future GOAT this league has needed since Marshall Faulk retired. This is about Antonio fucking Brown, Lance Moore and Heath Miller making the Steelers offense deadly and strikingly consistent. Markus Wheaton plays the Plaxico Burress / Santonio Holmes / Mike Wallace deep route destroyer, and the rest of the pieces pick apart the tired defense one throw at a time. The depth is a little suspect, but there are worse things than falling back onto DHB, who despite having terrible hands, is still pretty athletic.

And here we go, let's crack open the top ten with a treat.

10. Atlanta Falcons

Weighted Rank (3.35/5) Sum (19/30)

WR1 Julio Jones (5/5)

WR2 Roddy White (5/5)

WR3 Harry Douglas (3/5)

TE Levine ToiLOLo (1/5)

RB Steven Jackson (3/5)

Depth (2/5)

I have them at ten, but when Julio gets hurt they may as well be the browns for all they traded to them. We know Julio is a game breaker, when healthy he was putting up the best stats in the league for any WR. However his fragility makes him a major liability. Not to the level of Percy Harvin yet, but another season where he only plays half the season will knock him down despite his ability. Roddy White is the glue that makes the Falcons offense run, and as the second option, Ryan will want for nothing with the twin towers on the field. Saying Julio's knee has the structural integrity of the World Trade Centre would probably be in bad taste so I'll just say that Helms Deep only has one weak point. Aside from those guys, Steven Jackson is old, Harry Douglas is nothing special but nothing terrible, and their Tight End literally has LOL in his name. Having Devin Hester, Jacquizz Rodgers and Bear Pascoe is about all that keeps them from the dreaded 1 for depth.

9. Washington Redskins

Weighted Rank (3.5/5) Sum (20/30)

WR1 DeSean Jackson (4/5)

WR2 Pierre Garcon (4/5)

WR3 Andre Roberts (3/5)

TE Jordan Reed (4/5)

RB Alfred Morris (2/5)

Depth (3/5)

I really like what the Redskins have assembled here, there's no real weak point to their corps. Aside from Alfred Morris not being the best receiving back, but the Skins have a multitude of options to fill in if they need a guy to catch the ball there. DeSean Jackson and Jordan Reed open the field deep, Pierre Garcon thrives on making YAC. and whoever wins the 3rd WR job has attributes to be proud of, but I'm slotting in Andre Roberts due to his skill he showed in Arizona. Depth wise you've got Niles Paul, Logan Paulsen, Roy Helu, Evan Royster, Lache Seastrunk, Leonard Hankerson, Aldrick Robinson and Santana Moss. Heck, a few of those guys might not even make the team. This group is young and talented, and if a few of these guys realize their limitless potential, look out.

8. Green Bay Packers

Weighted Rank (3.575/5) Sum (20/30)

WR1 Jordy Nelson (5/5)

WR2 Randall Cobb (5/5)

WR3 Jarrett Boykin (3/5)

TE Andrew Quarless (2/5)

RB Eddie Lacy (2/5)

Depth (3/5)

If your first question is how delicious is Jordy Nelson's sweat, I do not know. I do know that he is an incredible player and just barely made a 5/5 grade for me. Having a deep threat like Nelson completely changes how the Packers offense operates, and I have yet to see anyone stop the Rodgers to Jordy deep TD that seems to happen once a game when they're both healthy. Randall Cobb breaks the game open as well and he's really developed into a true threat. Aside from those two, the group is pretty weak in terms of playmakers, but the potential for greatness is there. No one is gonna confuse Eddie Lacy for Roger Craig, but he's good enough. Andrew Quarless isn't anything special either, but if these guys go down, the Packers have a lot of young players able to step up and replace their production. All in all, the Packers are gonna do alright without James Jones.

• Upvote 2

I'm confused as to how the Chargers are this high. Interested to see your explanation.

Sad Eddard only scored a 2.

Brandon Bostick or Richard Rodgers may easily beat Quarless out at TE (not that that would actually help the ranking).

Also.. That play is unstoppable. That fact that Jordy Nelson can line up far on the outside... Streak up the sideline (or sometimes cut inwards towards the middle of the field deep) and beat his guy so consistently is nothing short of amazing.

Wait no more Kemp, the Chargers are coming right now.

7. San Diego Chargers

Weighted Rank (3.625/5) Sum (22/30)

WR1 Keenan Allen (4/5)

WR2 Malcom Floyd (4/5)

WR3 Eddie Royal (3/5)

TE Antonio Gates (3/5)

RB Danny Woodhead (5/5)

Depth (3/5)

The Chargers have no shortage of weapons which is one of the major reasons why they place so highly here. Keenan Allen had an incredible rookie year and he has the potential to be a 5/5 player. Danny Woodhead may have usurped Darren Sproles for the title of best receiving runningback in the league, and then you add Malcom Floyd, Antonio Gates and Eddie Royal who are all solid to good options and you've got the makings of a great group. But it doesn't end there, LaDarius Green is looking ready to take Gates' job, Donald Brown and Ryan Mathews are no slouches catching the ball, and the combination of Vincent Brown and Seyj Arojitutu means the chargers have enough depth at WR as well. This is a very strong group, and it is very underrated compared to the names you'd norrmally throw out for great groups.

• Upvote 1