Sign in to follow this  
KempBolt

Top 100 Overall

The NFL's list sucks so I decided to make my own. And let me tell you, it is really, really hard. Lots of arbitrary choices, but I think I got most of the guys at least in the right area of the list. A few disclaimers: 1) This is a list of the best in the league regardless of position; it does not aim to list players in order of their value. 2) There are a ton of players to sift through, so if I forgot one don't freak out; let me know. 3) If I didn't forget and just left them off and you want to throw a tantrum, go ahead and do so but give a thought to the fact that there are 704 starters in this league, so winnowing out the best seventh of that group leaves a lot of good names behind.

100. Larry Fitzgerald, WR :Cardinals:

99. Kam Chancellor, S :Seahawks:

98. Larry Warford, G :Lions:

97. Michael Roos, OT :Titans:

96. Corey Liuget, DL :Chargers:

95. Jerod Mayo, LB :Patriots:

94. Louis Vasquez, G :Broncos:

93. Lawrence Timmons, LB :Steelers:

92. Sheldon Richardson, DL :Jets:

91. Andy Levitre, G :Titans:

90. Justin Houston, OLB :Chiefs:

Edited by KempBolt

You're gonna have 10 OTs on this list(given that Roos was ranked 10th by you on the Top 10 OTs list, unless you decided to change your mind on his ranking)?

Interesting.

I'm gonna guess the only other Titan who will make your list is Jurrell Casey(crying shame that he didn't make the NFLN top 100).

You're gonna have 10 OTs on this list(given that Roos was ranked 10th by you on the Top 10 OTs list, unless you decided to change your mind on his ranking)?

Interesting.

I'm gonna guess the only other Titan who will make your list is Jurrell Casey(crying shame that he didn't make the NFLN top 100).

Yeah, they're all in here. I tried to be as objectively opposed to positional value as I could, though I'm sure there some of that bias in here nonetheless. But I do believe that there's a lot of great tackle play in the league right now.

And Casey does quite well for himself.

Edited by KempBolt

Dunlap made it? That's a shocker :yep:

Dunlap made it? That's a shocker :yep:

This is partially what guys have done, and partially what I think they will do. But I think Dunlap was a lot more impressive than his numbers would lead one to believe.

Interested to see what wideouts you have ahead of V-Jax. I think I would have him in the 60 to 70 range.

89. Mike Iupati, G :49ers:

88. Percy Harvin, WR :Seahawks:

87. Alex Mack, C :Browns:

86. Torrey Smith, WR :Ravens:

85. T.J. Ward, S :Broncos:

84. Marshawn Lynch, RB :Seahawks:

83. Tony Romo, QB :Cowboys:

82. Chad Greenway, LB :Vikings:

81. Desean Jackson, WR :Redskins:

80. Karlos Dansby, LB :Browns:

Edited by KempBolt

Interested to see what wideouts you have ahead of V-Jax. I think I would have him in the 60 to 70 range.

Yeah, you're right. I'm changing that. I'm catching some issues as I transfer it over from my other list.

79. Duane Brown, OT :Texans:

78. Devin McCourty, S :Patriots:

77. Matt Ryan, QB :Falcons:

76. Nate Solder, OT :Patriots:

75. Pierre Garcon, WR :Redskins:

74. Aqib Talib, CB :Broncos:

73. Derrick Johnson, LB :Chiefs:

72. Vincent Jackson, WR :Bucs:

71. Victor Cruz, WR :Giants:

70. Robert Mathis, OLB :Colts:

Edited by KempBolt

Calais Campbell is waaaaaay too low. :nope:

Calais Campbell is waaaaaay too low. :nope:

Yeah, I'm preparing myself for a lot of this. Just let me get it all up there and then you can all suggest changes. I'm sure there will be a few that are necessary.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, that's the problem with a huge task like this. You spend so much time putting it together, and the only feedback you get is "That guy's too high!" or "That guy's too low!"

So, let me say that everything else looks pretty good so far. I'm curious to see your top 10-20, and of course, where the Eagles show up.

• Upvote 1

69. Dontari Poe, NT :Chiefs:

68. Jordy Nelson, WR :Packers:

67. Matt Forte, RB :Bears:

66. Luke Kuechly, LB :panthers:

65. Jason Kelce, C :Eagles:

64. Clay Matthews, OLB :Packers:

63. Heath Miller, TE :Steelers:

62. Aldon Smith, OLB :49ers:

61. Antonio Brown, WR :Steelers:

60. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB :Giants:

Edited by KempBolt

I can't put Percy Harvin on the top 100 list until he can prove he can stay healthy. He is a great talent, but that doesn't matter if you can't stay on the field. I'm surprised you have him and Torrey Smith over Larry Fitz.

I can't put Percy Harvin on the top 100 list until he can prove he can stay healthy. He is a great talent, but that doesn't matter if you can't stay on the field. I'm surprised you have him and Torrey Smith over Larry Fitz.

That's fair. I took a different approach. I think Fitz is fading, while Harvin is a ascendant playmaker who is fully healthy now. Smith is a stud who got caught up in a mess last year.

Agreed about Dunlap. The Miami fumble is a great example. He chased Lamar Miller 50 yards down the field and stripped him. Dude is probably a top 10, maybe top 5 athlete at the DE position. If he becomes what he has the potential to be, he can be a top 20 player overall.

Justin Houston I think should be higher. He had a favorable situation buy produced like a madman.

Dunno if I agree with Kuechly being so low on the list.

BTW you put #60 as Antonio Smith.

59. Ryan Clady, OT :Broncos:

58. Brandon Marshall, WR :Bears:

57. Julio Jones, WR :Falcons:

56. Ben Roethlisberger, QB :Steelers:

55. Calais Campbell, DL :Cardinals:

54. Patrick Willis, LB :49ers:

53. Cameron Wake, DE :dolphins:

52. Joe Staley, OT :49ers:

51. Muhammad Wilkerson, DL :Jets:

50. Justin Smith, DE :49ers:

Edited by KempBolt

49. Cameron Jordan, DL :Saints:

48. Jason Witten, TE :Cowboys:

47. Andre Johnson, WR :Texans:

46. Ndamukong Suh, DT :Lions:

45. Andrew Whitworth, OT :Bengals:

44. Joe Haden, CB :Browns:

43. Mike Pouncey, C :dolphins:

42. Alshon Jeffery, WR :Bears:

41. Josh Sitton, G :Packers:

40. Trent Williams, OT :Redskins:

Edited by KempBolt

Andrew Whitworth at #44? The guy is a solid player but he is by no means better than guys like Wake and Wilkerson. Pretty sure Wake fucked up Whitworth in the Dolphins-Bengals game last year. Ill go watch the tape.

Andrew Whitworth at #44? The guy is a solid player but he is by no means better than guys like Wake and Wilkerson. Pretty sure Wake fucked up Whitworth in the Dolphins-Bengals game last year. Ill go watch the tape.

From everything I've seen, Whitworth has been a stud for years. He moved to guard this last season against us, and looked great.

From everything I've seen, Whitworth has been a stud for years. He moved to guard this last season against us, and looked great.

He was a pretty solid guard, but when he was playing tackle he didn't look all that good, at least from what I saw. He's been a big piece of our line for the past few years, but I think he is at the tipping point. Still doesn't make him worthy of being over guys like Kuechly, Wake, and Wilkerson if he was good at guard last year.

Nevermind about Wake fucking him up. Whitworth wasn't in that game. I forgot he missed a few games last year. He was overall pretty unhealthy last year.

He was a pretty solid guard, but when he was playing tackle he didn't look all that good, at least from what I saw. He's been a big piece of our line for the past few years, but I think he is at the tipping point. Still doesn't make him worthy of being over guys like Kuechly, Wake, and Wilkerson if he was good at guard last year.

It's weird arguing about this with you, but I think Whitworth is a stud, whether at LT or LG.

It's weird arguing about this with you, but I think Whitworth is a stud, whether at LT or LG.

I'm not arguing that he isn't one, especially at guard, I just think he isn't on par with some of the guys that you have lower on the list. Part of it is just how I rate players. If I had Whitworth lining up across from say, Wilkerson, who am I going to take in that matchup? Same scenario if I had Dunlap line up against Whitworth; I'd probably take Whitworth, but it'd be close. I can see him in the 70-90 range but lower than that feels like a cheat to other players. Don't know if it's because he dominated against you guys last year or what. :shrug: