Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

DirecTV offers Sunday Ticket streaming options

NFL fans who have wanted DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket but have been stymied by satellite restrictions are about to get a reprieve.

DirecTV announced on its website the introduction of NFLSundayTicket.tv, which allows subscribers to stream live, out-of-market games without requiring a dish. Fans can stream the contests on laptops, tablets, smartphones or using a gaming console.

Packages range from $199.99 for laptop, computer and phone services (with a student discount available) to $329.99 for the full package on all compatible devices and gaming consoles, including DirecTV's Red Zone Channel and new Fantasy Zone channel.

Of course, there are restrictions.

The service is only available to those who: 1) live in apartment buildings where DirecTV service is unavailable; 2) live in metro New York, Philadelphia or San Francisco; or 3) attend college at Michigan (Ann Arbor), Alabama, Washington, Texas (Austin), USC, Florida, Colorado (Boulder), Syracuse, Ohio State or Harvard.

Full article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000365728/article/directv-to-offer-nfl-sunday-ticket-streaming-options

I am strongly considering this, I must admit...

my first thought was that $200 seemed a little steep, then I actually thought about it and realized that if you don't live in your team's market and actually commit to watching all 16 games it works out to only $12.50 per game, which is actually pretty good, granted the value goes down if you're buying it to watch a team that's on national tv a lot, but it goes up if you use it to watch other games (which I'm pretty sure everyone on here would do)

That's a good way to look at it, oochymp.

For me, the Eagles have 6 national TV games (that's a lot, somehow I just realized this), so I'd be paying for 10 games, which is $20 per game. Factor in the added benefit of seeing any other games I want during non-Eagles time slots, and that's not such a bad deal.

I've heard of this. I'm skeptical on how DTV will enforce the 'restricted markets' (I live in an apartment), but I may give it a try.

If I can't live in Vegas, then streaming is the way to go.

Or you could just get DirecTV. What I'm paying for the package as an add-on to my plan works out a ton cheaper than these lame deals they are offering lol

Or you could just get DirecTV. What I'm paying for the package as an add-on to my plan works out a ton cheaper than these lame deals they are offering lol

The streaming is only eligible for people who can't get DirecTV where they live, so you can't bypass the television service and get it only on your laptop.

I'm still mulling this over. Even though $20 per Eagles game is money well spent, in my opinion, $200 is still a lot of cash. I guess the bottom line is, when the Eagles aren't on national TV, and I'm streaming them through some shitty, low quality web site, am I gonna say to myself, "Why didn't I just pay for Sunday Ticket?"

Does anybody have NFL Replay and/or the 'all 22' coverage?

Is that worth it?

Won't show you the games in real time but if you like watching the games afterwards, I suggest it. You'll love the coaches film, and if you don't want all the extra stuff it offers a condensed version of the game that goes from play to play without much wait or interruption.

• Upvote 1

Or just stream the game free online?

Unreliable and shitty quality. Unless anybody knows good sites...

Unreliable and shitty quality. Unless anybody knows good sites...

The ones I used aren't bad at all. Still better than paying 200 bucks lol.

The ones I used aren't bad at all. Still better than paying 200 bucks lol.

Such as?