• Greg Olsen
    • Antonio Gates
    • Charles Clay
    • Julius Thomas
    • Martellus Bennett
    • Brent Celek
    • Other - specify
  5. 5. Most exciting position to watch

Who are your top 7 most exciting players to watch at these respective offensive positions?

QB

1. :Packers: Aaron Rodgers

2. :Saints: Drew Brees

3. :Colts: Andrew Luck

4 :panthers: Cam Newton

5. :Broncos: Peyton Manning

6. :49ers: Colin Kaepernick

7. :Seahawks: Russell Wilson

RB

1a. :Eagles: Lesean McCoy

1b. :Vikings: Adrian Peterson

2. :Lions: Reggie Bush

3. :Chiefs: Jamaal Charles

4. :Seahawks: Marshawn Lynch

5. :Bengals: Giovanni Bennard

6. :49ers: Frank Gore

7. :Bears: Matte Forte

WR

1. :Bengals: A.J Green

2. :Falcons: Julio Jones

3. :Lions: Calvin Johnson

4. :Broncos: Demaryius Thomas

5. :Redskins: Desean Jackson

6. :Cowboys: Dez Bryant

7. :Browns: Josh Gordon

TE

1. :49ers: Vernon Davis

2. :Patriots: Rob Gronkowski

3. :Saints: Jimmy Graham

4. :Browns: Jordan Cameron

5. :Broncos: Julius Thomas

6. :dolphins: Charles Clay

7. :Chargers: Antonio Gates

Edited by Dutch

QB:

1. RG3

2. Rodgers

3. Manning

4. Brady

5. Brees

6. Rivers

7. Luck?

RB:

1. Shady

2. Peterson

3. Lynch

4. Charles

5. Rice

6. Spiller

7. Sproles

WR:

1. AJ Green

2. DT

3. Julio

4. Dez Bryant

5. Megatron

6. Pierre Garcon

7. Torrey Smith

TE:

1. Gronk

2. Graham

3. Davis

4. Thomas

5. Reed

6. Cameron

7. L. Green

Shocked you picked AP over Shady, Dutch!

tumblr_mrmuym8vtU1rk5zfdo2_400.gif

• Upvote 1

I'm just going to explain my poll choices.

QB: Andrew Luck :Colts:

Certainly not close to being the best guy on that list, Luck earns my vote because of his absurd ability to extend plays and make throws under duress. Not to mention that he's a threat to take off and run at any time as well.

RB: Lesean McCoy :Eagles:

There are faster guys and there are tougher guys, but McCoy possesses more lateral quickness and eye-popping agility than anyone in the league not named C.J. Spiller (and Spiller's never healthy).

WR: Percy Harvin :Seahawks:

When he's on the field, you just never know what to expect from Harvin. He can burn you with a screen, short route, deep route, end-around, or return. Just so dynamic with the ball in his hand.

TE: Vernon Davis :49ers:

Davis' game-breaking speed is totally unique to the position. Every so often, you see it express itself in the type of downfield play that's normally only reserved for the faster brand of WR.

Edited by KempBolt
  • Upvote 1

Shocked you picked AP over Shady, Dutch!

tumblr_mrmuym8vtU1rk5zfdo2_400.gif

My brain tricked itself thinking best RB and not most exciting for a second. Shady's elusive capabilities juking guys out their shoes is definitely the most exciting in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

QB

1. :panthers: Cam Newton

I voted for RGIII, but it should of been Cam Newton. I really don't think there's a more exciting QB to watch. Frankly, to me it's not even close. He gives you everything. The big plays down the field through the air, the elusiveness in the backfield, the long and short runs. The touchdown theatrics, even the emo Cam stuff from his first year in the league.

2. RGIII

3. Peyton Manning

4. Colin Kaepernick

5. Drew Brees

6. Russell Wilson

7. Rivers

RB

1 :Bears: Matt Forte

Most complete back in the NFL. You get a little of everything when you watch Forte.

2. Charles

3. McCoy

4. Lynch

5. AP

6. Rice

7. Spiller

WR

1. :Lions: Calvin Johnson

This may be my bias speaking, but he's the most dominant non QB player in the league on offense. Good luck finding a wide receiver with as many grabs up high, down low. Makes catches no one should be able to come down with. And when you think all he has to his game are the big catches, he catches a slant and turns it into a 80+ yard TD.

2. Alshon Jeffery

TE

1. :Saints: Jimmy Graham

Pretty self explanatory. He does it against everyone. LBs, safeties, even corners.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1

For me, I have a bias in this because I love watching the players on my team.

1. LeSean McCoy- Others have said it. His combination of vision and amazing lateral quickness make him one of the shiftiest back the league has seen in a long time. He's really in the prime of his career right now.

2. Ben Roethlisberger- The guy is a warrior and you have to love that about him, but his game is just exciting. He's so hard to bring down and he can make big time throws on the run. He personifies the toughness you think of when talking about the Steelers

3. Josh Gordon- I haven't seen much of the guy, but the few Browns games I've seen he just makes so many big plays. He might be the most dangerous WR in the league. I really hope he get his shit together because I love watching the guy.

4. Adrian Peterson- From the moment this guy stepped on the field in the NFL he was one of the best players in the league. His performance against the Chargers his rookie year when they had the number 1 run defense in the league is something I'll never forget.

5. Rob Gronkowski- I love his toughness. Not only is he explosive and a record setter at his position but the guy does it while being a complete TE and being maybe the best blocker AS WELL AS the best receiving TE. I hate the Pats but I have to respect Gronk.

6. Calvin Johnson- In my mind he's the greatest athlete the league has ever seen at any position. It's just mind boggling how a man his size is that fast and agile he is. It's going to be fun to watch him chase down records and he's such a likable guy.

7. Aaron Rodgers- It seems like this guy just does everything really well. His fundamentals are great and it's kind of understated how much of an athlete he is. He's not Cam Newton but he can run and he's great at making accurate throws on the run.

• Upvote 1

Wish I could take Gio over McCoy but I can't. Gio is a close second though. McCoy is obvious #1. Russell Wilson is amazing to watch due to his awareness and escape-ability. Alshon Jeffrey is a highlight reel. Dude had insane catch radius and big play ability. Don't know how you guys can take AJ over him. Jimmy Graham for obvious reasons.

I'm going to just explain my votes right now, but I'll get to the rest of the listing later.

QB: Andrew Luck— Say what you will, TGP. Let the hate mail rain down. This kid might not be the best QB in the league—yet—but he literally does it all. You never know what you're going to see from him. He might throw three picks, but most likely the Colts will be right in the thick of things come the last 5 minutes. I don't know how many guys I'd rather have in a need to score late situation. Also, every time he throws a TD pass it looks like it's the first one he's ever thrown.

He makes all the throws, plays better as the game wears on, and never stops working. He honestly reminds me of a young Peyton on Sundays: every time you see him on the sideline, he's looking to improve. Pictures, playbook, whatever. Then he goes out there and plays some pickup football, throws a TD, and loses his shit. What's not to love?

RB: Jamaal Charles— Come on, son... Did anyone think I was going to pick anyone else? He's arguably the best back in the league atm, and he plays for my fav team. What's more exciting than that? I won't waste time stating all of his attributes. You know what it is. Add to that his shiny red helmet he's always wearing, and there's no other choice for me. :wub:

WR: Percy Harvin— First I'll start out by weeding out the herd. A.J. Green is one of the most exciting sideline WR's in the game, but medium Red seems to forget that he's on the field much more often than makes for exciting football. Calvin is the best, no doubt, but he makes it look too easy sometimes. Brandon Marshal is Mr. Reliable, but save your OOOS and AAAHS for another guy. Dez Bryant is like A.J., but it's all over the field: he's so much fun to watch, but he has the same issue that A.J. has. Julio is phenomenal, but he has a tendency to have a 'quiet" 150 yards and 2 TDs.

With Harvin, I went Pearl Jam. It's so rare that he actually performs that when he does there's no way it's not must see TV. ;) Seriously though, Pretty much everything Kemp said. There's nothing that he can't do, and when he's actually on the field he's generally doing all of it.

TE: Gronk— Pretty much a no brainer here for me. I understand why so many went with Graham. He's a phenomenal receiver, but Gronk does it all and does it with bone shattering power. He pancakes guys on blocks and destroys defensive backs once he's on the move. His hands are every bit as good as Graham's, and he does everything else better. He's the best and the most fun to watch IMO.

SIDE NOTE— Kemp, we're agreeing quite a bit here. The world is not safe.

• Upvote 2

QB: Cam Newton

HB: LeSean McCoy

WR: I was considering AJ Green here, but I had to go with my boy Demaryius.

TE: Vernon Davis I guess.

QB

1. :panthers: Cam Newton

I voted for RGIII, but it should of been Cam Newton. I really don't think there's a more exciting QB to watch. Frankly, to me it's not even close. He gives you everything. The big plays down the field through the air, the elusiveness in the backfield, the long and short runs. The touchdown theatrics, even the emo Cam stuff from his first year in the league.

2. RGIII

3. Peyton Manning

4. Colin Kaepernick

5. Drew Brees

6. Russell Wilson

7. Rivers

RB

1 :Bears: Matt Forte

Most complete back in the NFL. You get a little of everything when you watch Forte.

2. Charles

3. McCoy

4. Lynch

5. AP

6. Rice

7. Spiller

WR

1. :Lions: Calvin Johnson

This may be my bias speaking, but he's the most dominant non QB player in the league on offense. Good luck finding a wide receiver with as many grabs up high, down low. Makes catches no one should be able to come down with. And when you think all he has to his game are the big catches, he catches a slant and turns it into a 80+ yard TD.

2. Alshon Jeffery

TE

1. :Saints: Jimmy Graham

Pretty self explanatory. He does it against everyone. LBs, safeties, even corners.

Yeah I'd put Cam in my list now in hindsight, probably put him near the top and remove Luck. I don't hate Forte by any means but I don't really see how him being a complete back makes him more exciting than the likes of McCoy, Spiller etc.?

1. :patriots: Rob Gronkowski

2. :Vikings: Adrian Peterson

3. :Eagles: LeSean McCoy

4. :Cowboys: Dez Bryant

5. :Seahawks: Russell Wilson

6. :Broncos: Peyton Manning

7. :Packers: Aaron Rodgers

Yeah I'd put Cam in my list now in hindsight, probably put him near the top and remove Luck. I don't hate Forte by any means but I don't really see how him being a complete back makes him more exciting than the likes of McCoy, Spiller etc.?

I've seen him do everything that the other guys have done. The stiff arms, spin moves, the jukes. He looks like he shouldn't be doing what he does, but pulls it off.

• Upvote 1

QB - It's been fun watching Rodgers rise from his origin as "Favre's lowly backup". Love his arm and he actually found a way to embrace the gunslinger mentality without losing an ounce of efficiency. He ignored all the drama and made the Pack his team without even blinking. Speaking of which, does his expression ever change?

dm_120905_ESPN_The_Mag_Aaron_Rodgers.jpg

grant_g_rogers1x_576.jpg

aaron-rodgers-olivia-munn.jpg

RB - I'm genuinely surprised, not necessarily that Shady is leading, but by the margin with which he's leading. I love his moves, but I love AP's just as much. And I think what makes AP more exciting for me is how likely he is to run through you as around you. Besides, how does a guy of his size move with such agility, anyway? It's insane. And chances are, you aren't even paying attention to what I'm saying because Olivia's boobs are still in your field of view...

200.gif

819484570.gif?1383511143

WR - This feels like an easy one, and it almost feels like the easy way out by picking him. CJ is an athletic freak, it there aren't many who physically matchup with him. And he makes one-handed snags and RZ jump balls look way too easy. However, Dez Bryant and AJ Green weren't too far behind as far as overall excitement factor goes for me.

10388278066_cca092c634_o.gif

TE - Not sure why I favor Graham over Gronk here, but I think it just has to do with my personal preference for finesse over power. They are basically interchangeable at #1 for me.

graham.gif

JimmyBeatsBadger.gif

Most exciting position to watch:

giphy.gif

carrera_4.gif

Edited by Phins4life
  • Upvote 1