Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Packers Offense Has New Weapon: Eddie Moss

The Green Bay Packers want Eddie Lacy to stick on the field more on third downs this season in order to keep up the offensive pace. For that to happen, the second-year running back will have to improve pass blocking and route running.

According to Aaron Rodgers, the back already has good hands and the 24-year-old is confident enough in them he's given himself a moniker -- albeit one unlikely to stick in Green Bay.

"Eddie has a self-appointed nickname of 'Moss,' as in Randy Moss," Rodgers told the team's official website. "He thinks he's got incredible hands. His hands actually are very good."

I said this from the beginning (after the initial bout of rage I had drafting Lacy. whoops)... He has much better hands than anyone gives him credit for. Not even the Packers really utilized him in that role like they should have as a rookie. But they seem to have caught on, because just like AP... The Packers are getting big miles out of Lacy.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I think they did a great job with Eddie Lacy last season. Remember, he was a rookie so I think it's good that they didn't overwhelm him. It's nice to see that they are expanding his role this year in his sophomore season. It's the best time to do it while he's young. If he's effective at having some receiving capabilities, it makes the Packers passing attack that much more dangerous.