Sign in to follow this  
Piggly Wiggly

Not surprisingly, Jimmy Garoppolo looks fucking TERRIBLE

So, Jimbo has been utter dog shit since camp has started. He threw 3 picks and botched a snap on Saturday, and tonight he goes 1/9 in extended reps.

FOXBOROUGH — Patriots season ticket holders got to see a heavy dose of rookie quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. They got just a small dose of what we've seen throughout training camp: struggles and inconsistency.

Someone needs to install a stopwatch in his head. He holds onto the ball far too long on a consistent basis, and ran into trouble again in 11-on-11 work where he was flushed from the pocket once, and "sacked" on the next play. It happened again during 11-on-11 red zone work at the end of practice, resulting in another sack.

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/495357058175467520

Despite how awful he is, he's automatically on the 53-man due to being a high draft pick which is a fucking shame since it'll take a spot away from a player that's much more deserving. In reality, Garoppolo isn't even good enough for a practice squad spot. Yeah, this kid balled in the OHIO VALLEY CONFERENCE in front of 3,000 people per game lmao. Child's play compared to professional football. And if not for Tony Romo, does this kid even get drafted at all? Unbelievable that BB, Caserio, and their scouts could make such a fuck up like this. The Pats have made plenty of bad picks over the years, but this takes the fucking cake. The Pats drafted a QB with UDFA talent in the 2nd round. Unreal lol.

Heir apparent to Brady my fucking ass lmao. Brady's heir apparent is somewhere still in high school or just beginning college. Garoppolo can't even hold wigger Mallett's jock strap.

I'm surprised the Pats of all teams pulled the trigger on the kid, but clearly the hype for the kid got of hand.

But Belichick and co. are the greatest drafters in the history of drafters.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Actually.... I'm pretty sure that the Patriots drafting track record isn't that impressive. I'd like to say I read an article on ESPN or somewhere else that had their draft pick success rate only just inside the top 15 of the league over the past 10 years.

Overreacting to the beginning of training camp. Just wonderful. If he doesn't get better, you've got a point, but this seems kinda childish and silly.

• Upvote 1

Lol. Training camp started a week and a half ago. Like you said he's coming from a tiny school, the talent jump is absolutely massive... give him some time before declaring him a bust. Let's at least get through this pre-season before making our initial evaluations on him.

But Belichick and co. are the greatest drafters in the history of drafters.

Yeah, maybe 10 years ago lol

People realize Vin was being sarcastic, right? lol

The tweet was priceless. :lol:

More like Jimmy Crapplolololol right?

Overreacting to the beginning of training camp. Just wonderful. If he doesn't get better, you've got a point, but this seems kinda childish and silly.

Lol. Training camp started a week and a half ago. Like you said he's coming from a tiny school, the talent jump is absolutely massive... give him some time before declaring him a bust. Let's at least get through this pre-season before making our initial evaluations on him.

Not an overreaction. I know dog shit when I see it. And I declared Jimbo a bust from day 1, the moment he was drafted. I legit came to terms with the fact that the Pats threw a 2nd round pick down the shitter when they drafted him.

Thursday night is appointment viewing television when Jimbo takes the field. He's gonna get skull fucked beyond anything we can imagine.

Remember this thread if Tom Brady gets hurt and Jimmy G leads the Patriots to flawless victory in any of his starts.

Garoppolo was pretty much no where on the radar this time a year ago. Then as the draft came within about 2 months of happening, he popped up. I'm not really sure who in the media took the first shot, but it was a potent one.

I was actually surprised that the Patriots hadn't taken a shot on Aaron Murray or AJ McCarron. I really thought both those guys were right up the Patriots alley but I was clearly mistaken. Instead they go with Garoppolo.

I think the perception of the patriots drafting is inflated by the volume of picks they always have

They're saying down in New England now that Ryan Mallet has had the best training camp he's had yet and that he looks like a legitimate starter...

Uh, yeah sure, against second team defenses of course he should.

They're saying down in New England now that Ryan Mallet has had the best training camp he's had yet and that he looks like a legitimate starter...

Uh, yeah sure, against second team defenses of course he should.

Trying to salvage a pick out of him before they have to let him walk for nothing :lol:

I'm not a Garoppolo fan, but his 9/13 for 157 and a TD tonight made me think of this thread and laugh.

Everytime Mallet sees the field his trade value drops.

Edited by OhioSportsFan

I'm not a Garoppolo fan, but his 9/13 for 157 and a TD tonight made me think of this thread and laugh.

You would hope he looks good against 3rd, 4th stringers, and a bunch of guys that won't even make the team.

You would hope he looks good against 3rd, 4th stringers, and a bunch of guys that won't even make the team.

Sure. But if he's going to be ripped for looking bad against such players in practice, should he not then be praised for looking good against them in a preseason game?

The point is that it's way, way, way, WAY too early to be dogmatic on any draft pick regardless of what the pre-draft opinions were. So I kind of laughed when I saw that he has posted good numbers.

Thursday night is appointment viewing television when Jimbo takes the field. He's gonna get skull fucked beyond anything we can imagine.

:coffee:

The point is that it's way, way, way, WAY too early to be dogmatic on any draft pick regardless of what the pre-draft opinions were.

Totally agree with you here. Today's NFL is rough, especially at the quarterback position. They want rookies to be like Russell Wilson out of the gate, but it usually never works out that way. Heaven forbid what could've been if Aaron Rodgers had to start his rookie year.

While I'm not high on Jimmy G, I'll still give him the chance the flameout before I completely trash talk the fella.