Sign in to follow this  
CampinWithaMissingPerson

NFL to increase Practice Squad from 8 to 10 players

Nice. They really need a developmental league, but that's probably not realistic.

• Upvote 1

I like this a lot. Good news for once? I'll take it. :D

Nice. They really need a developmental league, but that's probably not realistic.

I don't really feel a developmental league would work as well in football as it would in sports like Baseball, Basketball, etc. I think there is just too much wear and tear on the body when you're playing at any level of football. We've got guys going through high-school and college programs already, if you throw in a developmental league as well - you're talking about taking up a quarter to half of a players prime IMO.

I think that if a guy is going to get to the NFL, then the younger the better. Less wear and tear, and while he's getting that mileage put on him, he's also learning the NFL with big names and real NFL players. I'm just not a fan of the idea I suppose.

On to the original post though, I love this. I wish the practice squad was 15 players to be honest. There's so much talent out there that while may not be good enough to play every Sunday, they can certainly help teams in practice on a week to week basis. Much more, you get that rookie that you want to stash away, then do it without worrying about having enough players to fill that practice field.