oochymp

Fantasy Blunders

I did a thread like this last year and it was fun, so it's returning, how did you screw up your fantasy team this week? Was there a fluky great performance from someone on your bench? Did you drop someone right before they went off? (don't think it could happen this early, but later in the season) Did you start someone you knew you shouldn't have only to be proven right? Take this however you want

To start us off, I drafted Kelvin Benjamin in all four of my leagues (go me) he was on my bench in all four (oops) I also forgot to bench Ellington in one of my leagues and had Sproles and Vereen put up 18 and 17 points respectively on my bench

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Shane Vereen and Kelvin Benjamin were on my bench. Toby Gerhart and Brian Hartline were not.

I had taken Welker later like in the 5th or 6th trying to just scoop up some value since its a PPR league. That was the first mistake. But then after watching the Wilson to Kearse connection in the preseason and I really thought that Kearse would at least get a touchdown. He was actually targetted once but was too well covered. The fact that Kearse usually plays in the slot and draws the easier of the matchups (Harvin and Baldwin usually get the coverage opening up Kearse underneath). Well Kearse had just 1 catch. To my defense nobody on my bench really produced either on this particular team. Carlos Hyde would have been the only other logical choice so I kinda had pretty good reasoning with Jermaine Kearse and his big red zone body and deep play over the middle ability but it just didn't pan out. I still think he's a pretty decent flex option in favorable matchup situations, and or ESPECIALLY if and when Percy Harvin does miss games, Wilson has shown all the faith in the world in trying to throw it only where Kearse can get it.

Edited by BC

Dez was a flop for me today even though all my other starters exceeded their projected scores, some by a lot (Matt Ryan.) But I have Kelvin Benjamin and Allen Hurns on my bench. Would of slaughtered it if I started one of them in Dez's place but you just don't start those guys ahead of Dez unless he's banged up or something. :lol:

Too many to name.

Figured I'd get the most out of Bernard Pierce since Ray the Slugger is out...

30lck90.jpg

Loser got benched after he fumbled the ball.

I decided to sit Phillip Rivers this week since he was playing Seattle :facepalm: fortunately I also have Delanie Walker in that league :whistle:

Across my 3 leagues that I play in, I sat Edelmann for Knowshon, played Locker instead of Foles (TBD), continued to believe Toby Gerhart was gonna go something, and once again sat Sammy Watkins and Mark Ingram.

fml.

Started Knowshon Moreno over Alfred Morris.

well sitting Sproles is looking pretty silly :dry: (I did start him in the TGP league, but not in another league)

I think I should also thank Bangy for sitting Gates against me in the Auction league, although if he'd started Gates in his flex spot (in place of Greg Olsen) it would have been hilarious because between the two of us we'd have three TEs playing all putting up 30+ points (Gates and Graham for him, Walker for me)

Edited by oochymp

Sat Brandon Marshall because of the doubt on if he'd play or not and since he played at 8:30 I had to guess before 1:00. Wouldn't of mattered though, everyone but Dez shit the bed for my team this week.

None.

I won in ALL four of my leagues. Bragging because that's the last time that'll happen this season.

not exactly a "blunder" but in one of my leagues I have Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles, and Ben Tate :Suicide:

also, I guess it's necessary to point out that I fully acknowledge how fucked up it is to lament players injuries because of how it impacts my fantasy team

• Upvote 1

Not getting a better replacement for Arian Foster may cost me.

Jordan Mathews otherwise can't complain. Drafted well enough, seem to have made just about every pick 1-7 rounds right and also having the Minny backfield in the flex helps.

OWNED_zpsfc8552f1.png

Things were looking pretty bad, but the trifecta of Big Ben, Antonio Brown and Kelvin Benjamin pulled me through.

• Upvote 1

Man, Lesean McCoy, Jamaal Charles, and Matte Forte have been pretty underwhelming so far :disgust: