Mathias

These Thursday Night Games Have To Go

That isn't the brand of football the NFL should put it's name behind. Absolutely terrible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Another day of the week that I get to watch the the most talented athletes play the best sport in the world? I'll take it. Three days a week to watch football is perfect.

• Upvote 2

I have conflicted feelings about this subject.

On one hand, it's another day of football. Tough to argue against that. On the other hand, the matchups are usually shitty and NFLN's presentation and coverage of the game is so lame that I usually find myself bored.

I'll be interested to see how CBS handles TNF.

• Upvote 1

If they put Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday games on for the regular season, I would still watch it.

I was just thinking about this on the way home. Thursday night Football was amazing the last two years, because I was in college. Now its nice to have more Football but most people can't stay out and enjoy it when they have work in the morning. I say scrap Thursdays and make it Friday Night Football.

I like TNF, but something seems really off about the production of these games. Seems like the TV quality of a top tier D-1 school facing a FCS team that has a network's 6th or 7th string guys. CBS can shell out all the money for the games, but can't produce a good product. Even Nantz and Simms were off their games with their poor dialogue and commentary. Maybe the Ray Rice situation had an affect on it, but man, I hope the future games aren't like this.

Thursday night football blows fucking COCK lmao. I can't even recall watching a good game on TNF either. Shit should be scrapped after this season.

College football on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday holds me over quite well until Sunday. And sign me up for Auburn v. K-State next Thursday over that dog shit that TNF is boasting with the Bucs-Falcons matchup. :yao:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was just thinking about this on the way home. Thursday night Football was amazing the last two years, because I was in college. Now its nice to have more Football but most people can't stay out and enjoy it when they have work in the morning. I say scrap Thursdays and make it Friday Night Football.

how is TNF different from MNF in that regard? or really even Sunday night

Edited by oochymp

Make the NFL exactly like it was in 2008 and leave it be for eternity

how is TNF different from MNF in that regard? or really even Sunday night

This is all from my perspective. I personally like to kick back and watch football on Monday night after the first day of work during the week and have something to boost me the rest of the week. I never really went out for MNF. Sunday is all day long so you can be out as early as 10 or 11 in the morning and hang out. By the time the night game comes on you can be in bed ready to sleep or at least getting ready to call it a night.

• Upvote 1

With Pittsburgh's loss, road teams are now 24-42 in these Thursday night debacles Roger Goodell created back in 2006. That's enough of a track record to show that there is a decided advantage for the home team in these games.

Previously, we looked at the impact of home field advantage in the NFL and found that the home team has won 58.04% of games played since 1990 - for a record of 3125-2255-4.

The home team winning an extra 5.6% of the time doesn't seem like that much of an increase.

I just noticed every TNF game this season is a division game except week 13. Aren't division games supposed to be the toughest games played?

• Upvote 1

I would be on board with scrapping TNF.

as others have said. Worst Idea ever. Better off going to the local highschool and watching better quality football there

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

By that logic, why not embrace the empire business and have football seven days per week? At what point what does the quality of the football factor into the conversation?

7 days a week is ridiculous and would screw up the scheduling.

I think 3 days a week is perfect, any more would be overdoing it.

I hate when the Chargers have to do it so I wouldn't wish it on anyone else.

• Upvote 1

let's be fair tho, the Falcons would have wiped the floor with the Bucs regardless of when they played and if the Giants offense has actually found its form then in a few weeks we might be saying the same about them and the Skins

• Upvote 1

Ravens almost dropped 30 on the Steelers so.......