BwareDWare94

Questions and Answers

This thread is pretty simple. One poster poses a question, the next answers that question and poses a new one. I'll start us off.

Have Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas worked their way into the Best WR in the league discussion?

If they weren't already, they are now. Simple as that. People can take the easy route and put Megatron at number 1, but there are a lot of talented guys in the league right now.

Which team will lead the league in sacks allowed this year?

If they weren't already, they are now. Simple as that. People can take the easy route and put Megatron at number 1, but there are a lot of talented guys in the league right now.

Which team will lead the league in sacks allowed this year?

Vikings. Matt Kalil has become a bust, unfortunately, and is going to force this team's hand in admitting that he's a bust, like Buffalo had to do with Manuel.

What is your reaction the NFL's seeming rise in defensive play despite all of the rules favoring offenses?

Vikings. Matt Kalil has become a bust, unfortunately, and is going to force this team's hand in admitting that he's a bust, like Buffalo had to do with Manuel.

What is your reaction the NFL's seeming rise in defensive play despite all of the rules favoring offenses?

Defensive football in the NFL tends to be reactionary. Offenses employ new strategies, or new rules come in that make things more difficult on the defense, and we see stop units struggle across the board. But give coordinators and players a couple seasons to get used to the water, and you generally see them come up with good plans and approaches to stop whatever offenses are doing. I believe that's the point we're at now, with defenses having caught up to a certain degree.

Also contributing is the fact that there aren't a ton of great QB's in great situations right now. Rivers, Manning, Luck, Rodgers, and maybe Wilson are the only guys who, IMO, are both in a good situation AND are playing great football. This is how I'd categorize the rest of the league:

Playing well, bad situations: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Tom Brady

Good situation, not a very good player: Nick Foles, Andy Dalton, Kyle Orton, Ryan Tannehill

Inconsistent: Colin Kaepernick, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Matt Stafford, Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger

Unhealthy (?): Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, Drew Brees

Just a Guy: Alex Smith

Too Young: Derek Carr, Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Austin Davis, Brian Hoyer, Mike Glennon, Kirk Cousins

Sucks: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jake Locker, Geno Smith

I just don't see the stars aligning in too many cases for dominant offense.

Who is going to come out of the AFC North and who can we tab as the division's best team so far?

• Upvote 1

I think Baltimore has more than solidified themselves as best team in that division.

Will the Cowboys falter, as usual, or are they a playoff lock if they stay healthy?

I can never trust the Cowboys, their team goes as far as DeMarco Murray and their commitment to the run carries them. They faced a big test last week and responded with flying colours, so it's important they don't face a let down against the Giants coming up.

I can't call them a playoff lock yet. As good as they look right now, they aren't a lock yet, because they're still the cowboys.

If the season ended today the playoff teams in the AFC would be the Chargers, Bengals, Colts, Patriots, Broncos and Ravens. Do you think any of these teams fail to make it to the playoffs this year?

I can never trust the Cowboys, their team goes as far as DeMarco Murray and their commitment to the run carries them. They faced a big test last week and responded with flying colours, so it's important they don't face a let down against the Giants coming up.

I can't call them a playoff lock yet. As good as they look right now, they aren't a lock yet, because they're still the cowboys.

If the season ended today the playoff teams in the AFC would be the Chargers, Bengals, Colts, Patriots, Broncos and Ravens. Do you think any of these teams fail to make it to the playoffs this year?

I predicted that the Bengals would miss out this season so I'll stick to my guns and say they get edged out by Cleveland.

Why the heck have the Rams only been able to muster one sack all season?

That secondary is ass.

Are the Chargers legit? At 5-1, the record says yes, but are they a contender?

Edited by Chernobyl426

Imma let someone else take that.

That secondary is ass.

Rivers playing out of his mind, great weapons, nice D. Don't see why not even if the O-line is bad.

Will the Eagles luck eventually run out and their defense cost them dearly? If not in the regular season, in the playoffs.

That secondary is ass.

The Rams have been the best passing defense in the league, right now. Maybe not after the Kaepernick performance, but they came into the week doing quite well.

Rivers playing out of his mind, great weapons, nice D. Don't see why not even if the O-line is bad.

Will the Eagles luck eventually run out and their defense cost them dearly? If not in the regular season, in the playoffs.

As bad as Foles is playing the Eagles are definitely going to run into a buzzsaw, at some point.

Will the Chiefs climb into the playoff discussion?

Edited by BwareDWare94

The Rams have been the best passing defense in the league, right now. Maybe not after the Kaepernick performance, but they came into the week doing quite well.

As bad as Foles is playing the Eagles are definitely going to run into a buzzsaw, at some point.

Will the Chiefs climb into the playoff discussion?

Yes, because their heavy hitters are mostly backloaded. So I don't think they'll pick up the losses that really take them out of the discussion until later in the year. Looking at SEA in wk 11, DEN in wk 13, ARI in wk 14, and SD in wk 17. But before wk 11, they have matchups against the Rams, Jets, and Bills. They could feasibly sweep that group and be right back in the conversation. Andy Reid is nails coming off his bye week, and the Chargers are the walking dead right now, so there's a real chance they beat us at home this weekend. If that happens it will definitely launch them into the limelight for the time being.

I'll rip Razor... NFC playoffs standings at the moment:

1. Eagles

2. Cardinals

3. Lions

4. Panthers

5. Cowboys

6. Packers

Who stays? Who goes?

Here's my predicted order of finish:

1. Packers
2. Seahawks
3. Eagles
4. Saints
5. 49ers
6. Bears

I still think the Seahawks are the team to beat in the NFC if they can get their passing attack together. But I think that the Packers will get home field advantage in the playoffs simply because the rest of the NFC is a mess right now. I don't buy the Cowboys hot start yet, they haven't faced a legitimate offense yet and I think it's asking a lot from their defense to be able to stop the other team consistently. The Saints have completely underachieved this season and I regret picking them to win it all, but I still think they'll win the NFC South. I'm not buying the Cardinals hot start either. They seem to be taking advantage of an easy schedule so far, we'll see if they're keeping this up in December and the fact that they play in the NFC West is what will hold them back. My sleeper pick for the playoffs in Chicago. They were a bit overrated in the offseason, but when that passing attack is on point, they're very hard to stop. I think they claim the final playoff spot over the Lions despite the defensive issues

Here's my question:

Which team would you take as of right now: San Diego or Baltimore?

Edited by Mentch

San Diego. Baltimore is gonna have offensive struggles after a few more weeks.

Should Cards start Palmer still?

I don't think they have a choice. Who are they gonna start instead? Stanton played nice while Palmer was out but he's still very unproven, and Palmer really isn't terrible. He's the definition of a stop gap QB. They do need to look for a long term solution almost immediately though

Who are you higher on going forward: Bortles or Bridgewater?

What about Houston and Seattle isn't more than enough of a "test" for Dallas? Seriously, dude. You're just pulling shit out of thin air, now.

The only way this Dallas season goes in the toilet is if DeMarco Murray gets hurt, and the coaching staff dumbly decides not to trust the combination of Dunbar/Randle to carry the load, which the two of them absolutely can.

Dallas' defense doesn't need a ton of stops because they're not forced onto the field constantly. Dallas runs the ball and slows the game way down. We're not talking about constant 3 and out, here. This Dallas defense most often comes on the field well rested and adjusted to whatever may have gone wrong on the prior possession.

Look, previous history has given us plenty of reasons to doubt Dallas--in previous years when they were lacking key pieces due to injury. Now, this team is solid at those positions and there's no reason that it'll collapse on them. As long as Linehan/Callahan/Garrett continue to pound the rock, Dallas is going to challenge for a top 3 seed.

To answer your question: Bortles. He has everything you could want in a QB. Bridgewater is small and has no offensive line. Injuries are likely to hamper his career.

Who should the Vikings cut first, Greg Jennings or Captain Munnerlyn?

Edited by BwareDWare94

Yeah, I didn't understand the part about the Cowboys not being tested yet. I don't think there's a stiffer test than the Seahawks IN Seattle.

For Bware's question: Neither-- both at once. Go young, give experience to talented players, subsequently tank, get a good pick, be ready to rock and roll in 2015.

Who is the biggest FA bust of 2014, so far?

What about Houston and Seattle isn't more than enough of a "test" for Dallas? Seriously, dude. You're just pulling shit out of thin air, now.

The only way this Dallas season goes in the toilet is if DeMarco Murray gets hurt, and the coaching staff dumbly decides not to trust the combination of Dunbar/Randle to carry the load, which the two of them absolutely can.

Dallas' defense doesn't need a ton of stops because they're not forced onto the field constantly. Dallas runs the ball and slows the game way down. We're not talking about constant 3 and out, here. This Dallas defense most often comes on the field well rested and adjusted to whatever may have gone wrong on the prior possession.

Look, previous history has given us plenty of reasons to doubt Dallas--in previous years when they were lacking key pieces due to injury. Now, this team is solid at those positions and there's no reason that it'll collapse on them. As long as Linehan/Callahan/Garrett continue to pound the rock, Dallas is going to challenge for a top 3 seed.

To answer your question: Bortles. He has everything you could want in a QB. Bridgewater is small and has no offensive line. Injuries are likely to hamper his career.

Who should the Vikings cut first, Greg Jennings or Captain Munnerlyn?

I'm just being honest here bro. You do know that Seattle has the 31st ranked pass offense in the league as of right now? Also, Dallas' defense ranks last in the league in terms of yards allowed per play. The defense isn't "all better now!", it's still one of the most talentless units in the league that looks much better than it actually is because it's being kept off the field. If they can keep winning like this then fine, but I think it catches up to them. In terms of tests, they passed the test offensively against the Seahawks with flying colors, but they didn't prove very much defensively. That was my bad, I worded that wrong, so I changed the original post to say that they haven't faced a legitimate offense all season. Seriously though, which formidable offenses have they played? Tennessee, St. Louis, the struggling Saints, the Texans, the Seahawks, etc. I've been saying it all season, I was never worried about the Cowboys offense at all, it's their defense that still concerns me

Believe me, I would love to see the Cowboys beat out the Eagles for the division. I just don't think it happens. And if there's one thing that will hold them back, it will be mistakes, because their mistakes were the main reason Seattle was in that game to begin with, and we all know who their quarterback is. Do you guys really trust Murray to not only stay fully healthy over an entire season, but also to continue running the ball at this pace (fyi he's on pace for 425 carries)? There will be games where he can't get going and I think it's asking a lot from their defense to consistently stop opponents. We've seen what happens when he can't get going in the Rams game, when they fell behind 21-0 and he had 6 carries for 0 yards in that time period

Point blank, theyre significantly better than they were the last 2-3 seasons, but people talking about them as the best team in the league and them possibly being 9-1 before the bye week need to chill the fuck out and remember who we're talking about here. I dont even think theyre the team to beat in the NFC East, much less the NFC or the entire league

Agree on Bortles over Bridgewater, I think Teddy's getting too much hype off of 1 game against a terrible defense. And we should realistically cut Jennings first. It's not even because he's a bad player, he's just in a terrible situation here and is not a great fit. That being said, it will be much easier to get rid of Munnerlyn first than it will be to get rid of Jennings

Edited by Mentch

Here's my predicted order of finish:

1. Packers

2. Seahawks

3. Eagles

4. Saints

5. 49ers

6. Bears

I still think the Seahawks are the team to beat in the NFC if they can get their passing attack together. But I think that the Packers will get home field advantage in the playoffs simply because the rest of the NFC is a mess right now. I don't buy the Cowboys hot start yet, they haven't faced a legitimate offense yet and I think it's asking a lot from their defense to be able to stop the other team consistently. The Saints have completely underachieved this season and I regret picking them to win it all, but I still think they'll win the NFC South. I'm not buying the Cardinals hot start either. They seem to be taking advantage of an easy schedule so far, we'll see if they're keeping this up in December and the fact that they play in the NFC West is what will hold them back. My sleeper pick for the playoffs in Chicago. They were a bit overrated in the offseason, but when that passing attack is on point, they're very hard to stop. I think they claim the final playoff spot over the Lions despite the defensive issues

Here's my question:

Which team would you take as of right now: San Diego or Baltimore?

Obligatory -1 for STILL being on the Saints bandwagon.

The only semi-good team in the South is Carolina.

The Bucs are beyond horrible.

The Falcons are going nowhere fast with that lack of a defense.

Saints are not a good team.

Obligatory -1 for STILL being on the Saints bandwagon.

The only semi-good team in the South is Carolina.

The Bucs are beyond horrible.

The Falcons are going nowhere fast with that lack of a defense.

Saints are not a good team.

Hey I picked them to win it all before the season started, I can't give up just yet. But their defense is horrible this season. They don't seem to lose at home though and the majority of their games going forward are at home, so I give them a chance

Edited by Mentch

What about Houston and

And Bortles has a good line? The line that gave up 10 sacks in a single game.

I'm just being honest here bro. You do know that Seattle has the 31st ranked pass offense in the league as of right now? Also, Dallas' defense ranks last in the league in terms of yards allowed per play. The defense isn't "all better now!", it's still one of the most talentless units in the league that looks much better than it actually is because it's being kept off the field.

Point blank, theyre significantly better than they were the last 2-3 seasons, but people talking about them as the best team in the league and them possibly being 9-1 before the bye week need to chill the fuck out and remember who we're talking about here. I dont even think theyre the team to beat in the NFC East, much less the NFC or the entire league

Agree on Bortles over Bridgewater, I think Teddy's getting too much hype off of 1 game against a terrible defense. And we should realistically cut Jennings first. It's not even because he's a bad player, he's just in a terrible situation here and is not a great fit. That being said, it will be much easier to get rid of Munnerlyn first than it will be to get rid of Jennings

According to what?

And I believe that BWare noted that the defense is helped tremendously by ball control offense. Which is working, and worked for the Chargers last year, and is still working for them now.

We have a very large sample size that suggests that Seattle is a really good football team and especially great at home. I'm not wavering because of 6 weeks.

According to what?

And I believe that BWare noted that the defense is helped tremendously by ball control offense. Which is working, and worked for the Chargers last year, and is still working for them now.

We have a very large sample size that suggests that Seattle is a really good football team and especially great at home. I'm not wavering because of 6 weeks.

Check here: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/sort/netPassingYardsPerGame

Cowboys still exceeded all expectations for me when they won in Seattle. I didnt even give them a shot, much less thought they would dominate offensively. Like I said earlier, their offense aced that test. But their defense didnt exactly have to prove much. Ball control offense is nice in theory, but at some point in time, you have to have actual talent on defense, which is one area where the Cowboys are severely depleted, and I think it catches up to them at some point

Check here: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/sort/netPassingYardsPerGame

Cowboys still exceeded all expectations for me when they won in Seattle. I didnt even give them a shot, much less thought they would dominate offensively. Like I said earlier, their offense aced that test. But their defense didnt exactly have to prove much. Ball control offense is nice in theory, but at some point in time, you have to have actual talent on defense, which is one area where the Cowboys are severely depleted, and I think it catches up to them at some point

I thought we were talking about Seattle's defense. My bust.

Anyhow, Seattle is still 12th in scoring.

• Upvote 1

I thought we were talking about Seattle's defense. My bust.

Anyhow, Seattle is still 12th in scoring.

Fair enough. No need for me to argue with that statistic