Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Reactions to Week 7

Post your Week 7 reactions in this thread.

--Percy Harvin must be the biggest headache in recent history.

--Cordarrelle Patterson is starting to quit on routes. This is not good.

--How awesome are Tony Romo and Eli Manning in comparison to Nick Foles and 3 Cousins McCoy?

--Atlanta, proof that top 10 QB and two top 10 receivers don't mean jack shit.

--Chicago, proof that Jay Cutler can't cut it in this league.

--DeMarco Murray is amazing.

--Matt Kalil is not amazing.

--Teddy is making Ponder mistakes. This is not good.

You just call Roddy White a top 10 receiver? You fucking kidding me?

Bears are a better example, if you're looking at passing attack powerhouse.

• Upvote 1

I thought the same thing. Don't know if BWare meant it but pretty damn ironic if he didn't :yao:

• Upvote 1

Here are my reactions from Week 7:

- Bengals are nothing without AJ Green, though this should be common knowledge by now

- Ravens are a legitimate AFC contender. IMO theyve been the 2nd best team in the AFC behind Denver so far this year

- Eli Manning is not dead yet. That offense might be ok after all, even without Cruz. Still not sold on Beckham though

- Dolphins can be a really good team at times. Of course, that doesn't tend to happen unless neither the offense nor the defense are screwing up (which may seem obvious but when one unit is doing good for this team the other is usually performing bad). Either that, or when they play the Patriots at home

- I was one of the only people who seemed to be in favor of benching EJ Manuel for Kyle Orton. After 3 games, it's clear that the Bills couldn't have been more right in that decision. I doubt they make the playoffs, but they're definitely on the way up. Let's see if they can overcome the loss of Spiller and Jackson

Here are my reactions from Week 7:

- Bengals are nothing without AJ Green, though this should be common knowledge by now

- Ravens are a legitimate AFC contender. IMO theyve been the 2nd best team in the AFC behind Denver so far this year

- Eli Manning is not dead yet. That offense might be ok after all, even without Cruz. Still not sold on Beckham though

- Dolphins can be a really good team at times. Of course, that doesn't tend to happen unless neither the offense nor the defense are screwing up (which may seem obvious but when one unit is doing good for this team the other is usually performing bad). Either that, or when they play the Patriots at home

- I was one of the only people who seemed to be in favor of benching EJ Manuel for Kyle Orton. After 3 games, it's clear that the Bills couldn't have been more right in that decision. I doubt they make the playoffs, but they're definitely on the way up. Let's see if they can overcome the loss of Spiller and Jackson

If Bryce Brown can not put the ball on the ground I don't think they'll lose much.

• Upvote 1

- The Indianapolis Colts are a top 5 team in the league. And are a complete team. They are no longer "Let Andrew Luck run around for his life and win us games." They are a complete team, with a solid, physical defence, and a good, not great running back tandem in Trent Richardson, and Ahmad Bradshaw.

- Peyton Manning is pretty good.

- The Pittsburgh Steelers are a team that scares me a little. They can beat the Panthers in Carolina, and turn around the next week and lose at home against Tampa Bay. They can look as flat as hell out of the gates, and then turn it on, during a Monday night game. Their defence showed this week that they still have it.

- The San Diego Chargers are overhyped, and overrated.

- New Orleans, Atlanta, Chicago, NYG, nice knowing ya. Have a fun, long off-season.

- Seattle needs to dig deep, or they could be in trouble. The defence that was mentioned amongst the greats last season has looked average at best this season. Two straight losses, with a game against Carolina coming up doesn't sit well for the defending world champs.

Nawlins and Atlanta ain't out of it yet because:

Every team in the NFC South sucks. Carolina got blown the fuck out by GB. Their defense has 30+ points to every team they've played since week 2 except Chicago, to whom they allowed 24 points.

Whoever wins the division, which could easily be with a 8-8 record, is going to be 1 and done.

Atlanta probably is though, they are pretty bad all around.

(Also Matt Ryan isnt a top-10 QB, and Roddy White sure as hell ain't a top-10 WR.)

Edited by Thanatos19

Not so much a reaction as much as it is a thought. Cam really doesn't have much working for him as far as targets are concerned. When running a route in Carolina, you run it and then your job is over, apparently. The Panthers tackles played horrendously this last weekend in Green Bay. Cam was under constant pressure, and if his guys weren't open right away that was it.

None of those guys extended plays, or ran to get open and allow Cam to make things happen. I know I am spoiled with Aaron Rodgers and the Packers plethora of talent at WR, but our guys never stop. If they run a route, and see Aaron scrambling... They ad lib and get open to try and help him (Rodgers) out and to make a play.

The Panthers offense hasn't been schooled in this train of thought yet, or at least they weren't doing it AT ALL last week for some odd reason. Kelvin Benjamin didn't do it... He's a rook, hasn't had as much time, I can kind of excuse that... But veteran players like Greg Olsen, Jericho Cotchery, and Jason Avant... Come on guys, really?

I am not sure why this is an issue. It could be chemistry issues... It could be coaching issues.. it could be a factor of having unsavvy players. Furthermore, I can't say if it is an actual issue, or something that just reared it's ugly head this last week... but man, the Panthers could be so much more explosive offensively if those guys would help Cam out at least a little.

Just because you have come to the end of your route doesn't mean the play is over.

Mike fucking Shula is half the problem. He is one of the worst OCs I have ever seen and they refuse to make a change. Could not believe they kept him after last year. The playoff game was quite obviously his fault.

The GM refused to protect his franchise QB by drafting or trading for an OT and insisting the "answer is on the roster." Like fucking hell.

We have an ex-DT, as of two years ago, playing at RT. Chandler is awful. Byron Bell is mediocre at best, and that won't cut it at the LT spot.

Hell, the entire freaking O-line is awful with the exception of Kalil.

• Upvote 1

Mike fucking Shula is half the problem. He is one of the worst OCs I have ever seen and they refuse to make a change. Could not believe they kept him after last year. The playoff game was quite obviously his fault.

The GM refused to protect his franchise QB by drafting or trading for an OT and insisting the "answer is on the roster." Like fucking hell.

We have an ex-DT, as of two years ago, playing at RT. Chandler is awful. Byron Bell is mediocre at best, and that won't cut it at the LT spot.

Hell, the entire freaking O-line is awful with the exception of Kalil.

At least your Kalil doesn't suck. Ours is a #4 pick and he's an absolute joke.

As far as the receivers quitting on routes, I haven't noticed that previously, and I was unable to catch the game last Sunday. I will keep an eye on it against the Hawks.

I wouldn't exactly call it 'quitting' on the route. They finish the route... just have no idea what to do beyond that to help their QB.