Sign in to follow this  
.AirMcNair.

Titans trading Akeem Ayers to Patriots

Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports 2m2 minutes ago

Been told #Titans are trading LB Akeem Ayers to the #Patriots. The only thing that would prevent is a failed physical

Paul Kuharsky retweeted
Kevin Ayers ‏@Kevin_Ayers 48m48 minutes ago

So my brother is a patriot now

Should be a late round pick in return.

I was really high on him when he entered the draft. What went wrong with him in Tennessee? I figured switching to a 3-4 would be to his benefit.

He's been active only once, I do believe. Dunno why he's in Horton's doghouse, but he was.

La Confora reporting 7th round pick.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 3m3 minutes ago

I'm told it's just an exchange of 7th round picks the Pats and Titans are making with the Ayers trade. LB headed to New England

Only just now noticed Canfora's tweet said exchange of...highly doubt that's accurate given it'd be a loss for us in position. Probably their 7th rounder straight up.

La Confora reporting 7th round pick.

Talk about hitting up the bargain bin. Texans are desperate for some pass rushers. It's small risks like this that I wish they would take. Rick Smith just loves to hoard his draft picks.

Hopefully for the Titans' sake Ayers doesn't blow up when he gets to the Patriots. That would be like a swift kick to the balls.

Edited by FartWaffles

Paul Kuharsky at ESPN had an interesting thought on it, a link to his blog post is at the bottom of this but the sum of it is that Ayers has been inactive for five of the seven games and apparently hasn't made much of an effort to get on the field, so this could be viewed as a message to the rest of the team that if you're not working we'll get rid of you, now whether saying work hard or we'll send you to a contender actually provides motivation to work harder is a legitimate question ...

Trade of Akeem Ayers nets something for nothing - ESPN

I was hoping he would be a solid, productional LBer for us. Stuff happens I guess...