Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Week 9 Predictions: AFC North

:Bucs: 31 :Browns: 19

The loss of Alex Mack has been absolutely devastating for the Browns offense. What was once a bludgeoning 3 back attack in Tate/West/Crowell has been reduced to one of the meekest rushing attacks in the league. Brian Hoyer is struggling without that consistent yardage generator, and has looked remarkably like, well, Brian Hoyer over the past few weeks. The Bucs are coming into this game pissed off about losing to the Vikings last week and are seeking their second win, also a second win against an AFC North foe on the road, at that. Mike Evans had a breakout performance last week as he often had Captain Completion covering him. I expect that to continue, and Mike Glennon will have his best statistical game of the season.

:Bengals: 40 :jags: 13

As poorly as Blake Bortles has played over the last few weeks, I implore fans to relax a bit and remember that some quarterbacks take some time before getting into a groove, and can we stop pretending like he has much at his disposal? A sieve for an offensive line. A hybrid has-no-true-position type of player at running back whose success will not continue, and a bunch of receivers whose names I don't know and don't care to look up. Needless to say, Bortles' struggles will continue in Cincinnati. Mohamed Sanu is looking at another big game, and another day of impersonating AJ Green and carrying Andy Dalton to the finish line. Easy win for the Bengals, who have retaken control of their season.

:Steelers: 38 :Ravens: 28

I'm a little hesitant to jump on this Steel-City bandwagon, but what an incredible offense (Todd Haley is saving some jobs, right now--and here I was, criticizing him early in the season). A top 5 QB, RB, and WR. Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ, are the Steelers a scary team if their defense finds itself in the second half of the season. Baltimore's offense leaves so much to be desired (and by that I mean Joe Flacco) that it's hard to imagine them keeping up with Big Ben and his plethora of weapons. I predict that this game is over at halftime, and the Steelers run away from Baltimore, who will have some late scores but it will be too little, too late, which seems to be a trend for them.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I'd say low-key that the Steelers getting Mike Munchak was one of the biggest moves of the offseason in the entire league. The OL has been better than last year in every way. Bell also slimmed down a lot and got in great shape for this season. Antonio Brown just keeps doing Antonio Brown things, and Ben keeps doing Ben things.

There are worse OC out there than Haley, but I'm personally not about to give him much credit for the offense this year. His redzone playcalling is still atrocious. A lot of times our offense is still all about Ben making plays, especially on 3rd down to keep a drive alive.

I agree about our defense. As bad as the Steelers looked overall in the first 6 weeks of the season, we could be a lot worse off than we are right now. We are still prone to laying an egg against bad opponents, though. I can't fully buy in until they clean that up. No more getting blown out by the browns or losing at home to the Bucs. That stuff needs to stop for me to like our chances of doing anything.