If they gave it to other positions:

Peyton

JJ Watt

DeMarco Murray

Since they don't:

Peyton

Tom Brady

Andrew Luck

If he stays healthy, DeMarco will get the "We know you're MVP but you're not a QB so you get OPOY" treatment.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Luck because of already mentioned reasons.

Murray, Watt are more deserving though.

Andrew Luck is getting it. The NFL needs to start building the hype train on new generation of stars. Phillip Rivers SHOULD get it though. Chargers are a solid team, but without Rivers they'd be fucked. Denver might still make the playoffs without Manning. Big Ben is gaining some steam though too.

Andy Luck

Demarco

Watt

Antonio Brown (I think he plays full season, get several more monster games in route to moss-esque season)

If he stays healthy, DeMarco will get the "We know you're MVP but you're not a QB so you get OPOY" treatment.

Idt he'll be able to continue this about of workload and stay healthy the whole season.

I also don't think Watt should be in the conversation at all. The fact that he can have great games and the Texans still lose drops him for me.

Idt he'll be able to continue this about of workload and stay healthy the whole season.

I also don't think Watt should be in the conversation at all. The fact that he can have great games and the Texans still lose drops him for me.

So you're saying a defensive player never will and never should win MVP? Not disagreeing, just asking.

Watt is catching passes now on O and taking pick-sixes to the house. Do you want him to run it or pass it? Jeez.

So you're saying a defensive player never will and never should win MVP? Not disagreeing, just asking.

IDT it's impossible for a defensive player to win the MVP, but I don't see it ever happening, at least any time soon. No individual position on defense gives you the amount of impact any one defensive player can give his team. Especially a lineman.

If the Texans were like, 14-2, with a great defense spearheaded by Watt, it'd be a different story, but that isn't the case.

Watt is catching passes now on O and taking pick-sixes to the house. Do you want him to run it or pass it? Jeez.

The Texans aren't/haven't been winning, and his impact hasn't led to at the most (if we are to assume he was he biggest individual reason for them winning the other 4 games) more then 4 wins. Regardless of how well he plays individually, and impact he has, he just doesn't impact in some of the ways the other guys have.

Would it be anyone else, this wouldn't be a conversation.

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm with Dmac on this. An MVP is an MVP because he wins his team enough games to get into the postseason. If the Texans aren't winning a lot of games, then Watt is just the best player on a bad team. Not an MVP.

Edited by Phailadelphia

The only Rb exempt from that treatment is A.P.

Peyton

Luck

Rivers

Murray

Watt

Brady.

No running game, no receivers, just him and Gronk...with very little help from the defense.

Putting the Patriots on his back, per usual.

Peyton Manning

Phillip Rivers

DeMarco Murray

JJ Watt

Tom Brady

I think these five guys are the most thought of guys when people talk about midseason MVP Candidates for sure. I also believe in that Aaron Rodgers has to be in discussion too, he's carried the Packers this year IMO.

In my honest opinion here, I think it's got to be DeMarco Murray at this point. Regardless of what the other guys have done, Murray has absolutely carried the Cowboys on his back this year. It's week 9 and he has over 1,000 yards and 7 touchdowns. Lets put this in perspective a little bit here, Adrian Peterson had 775 yards at this point in 2012 when he came within 10 yards of the NFL record. Now, we all know the type of production he put up over his last 8 games, but regardless, Murray is on pace to rival or maybe even surpass that incredible year. Obviously, this is the halfway point so we shouldn't get too excited. We all know Murrays impeccable ability to get injured often. I would love to see him stay on pace and kill that record though.

But I'm going to go off the grid a little here in terms of what guys you have all hit on here at these forums.

Lets do a what if scenario here. What if the Texans can turn around their season and become a contender, even though the Colts look like a team that is lightyears better, their still only one game behind right now. No one is talking about Arian Foster right now. I think he is easily one of the biggest playmakers there has been all year so far. For every win that the Texans have, Foster has absolutely carried the Texans. Much more so, he is actually right on the same level as Murray right now averaging 5.2 YPC (Demarco is at 5.1), although he did miss one game and only had 8 carries before leaving early in back to back weeks. Even still though, he has nearly 800 yards and 7 touchdowns. The guy has one game with less than 100 yards. If the Texans can make the playoffs, I think Foster could be in the discussion too.

clearly not as good as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning because I can't fit his cock in my mouth.

>_>

I was gonna say that his stats aren't where they need to be but then I looked them up...22-3 td:int is a very compelling argument. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

I'd actually lean Antonio Brown before Ben, at this point.

• Downvote 1

No mention of Aaron Rodgers? He is the sole reason that the Packers are any good. Without him, they are probably 1-7. He has been tearing apart defenses while receiving little help from the o-line and the running game. All 3 of his picks have been deflected off his own receiver right into the lap of a defender. He at least deserves a mention.

Good point, we've seen what the Packers look like without the best QB in the league. He's having a great year and so are the Packers for the most part. Not sure how I didn't remember him.

I'd actually lean Antonio Brown before Ben, at this point.

Ben has been spreading the ball around like crazy during this tear he's on.

Ben has been spreading the ball around like crazy during this tear he's on.

Martavis Bryant already has five TD catches, and he's only been active for three weeks. :blink:

yeah, I'm as much of a JJ Watt fan as any Titans fan reasonably could be, but I don't see him as an MVP candidate because I don't see the Texans making the playoffs and I don't like the idea of giving MVP to a guy who's not in the playoffs, now if they manage to go on a tear and get at least a wild card then I think he's in the discussion, assuming he's a big part of that tear, but short of that I don't think he gets consideration and it has nothing to do with his position, it's the same reason Brees isn't in the conversation even though he's on pace to break 5,000 yards again, sure the Saints are leading their division, but they're only 4-4

as for my picks, it's hard not to go with Roethlisberger right now, but I think that's just be prisoner of the moment thinking, sure he's got 2700 yards and 22 tds (on pace for 4800 and 39) but 862 of those yards and 12 of those tds have been in the last two weeks, meaning that two weeks ago he was on pace for about 4250 yards and 23 tds, which are very pedestrian numbers in today's NFL, and the team was just half a game over .500 with losses to Cleveland and Tampa Bay, so unless he keeps up something close to his pace over the last two weeks it'll be hard to give it to him

looking at the season as a whole (so far) I'd go with Tom Brady, he's playing with probably his weakest supporting cast to date but he's still near the top of the league in most statistical categories and has his team at 7-2