Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Vin is Sad for Jay Cutler Being Benched Thread

Unlike exchanging an unwanted or poor holiday gift, the Chicago Bears are stuck with Jay Cutler. But that doesn't mean they are enjoying it.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on NFL GameDay Morning that the Bears are having a "serious case of buyer's remorse."

Shhhhhhhhh. You hear that? It's all of Chicago laughing, painfully.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000439530/article/bears-have-case-of-buyers-remorse-with-jay-cutler

Vin " Cutler isn't that bad, that contract isn't that bad"

Lookin' pretty bad and I ain't complaining. ha

Edited by Favre4Ever

Wonder why Vin didn't post this by bumping the original "Cutler extension" thread?

It's not, and he's not.

And I didn't think about it after it was posted in the shoutbox this morning. :shrug:

Vin, " I'll take Jay Cutler "

You don't want him. And it was bad. Not as bad as it could have been, maybe.... But bad regardless

YEAR------CAP HIT

2014 ------18,500,000

2015 ------16,500,000

2016 ------17,000,000

2017 ------16,000,000

2018 ------17,000,000

2019 ------20,000,000

2020 ------21,700,000

Those aren't bad numbers at all, and I absolutely would take him if we didn't have Bortles.

Edited by Vin

In other news, sky is blue, grass is green.

CHICAGO -- Multiple sources confirmed a published report Friday that detailed the depth of dysfunction at Halas Hall, with one Chicago Bears assistant coming away with the belief the latest revelation "might have just gotten us all whacked."

According to the Chicago Tribune, Bears offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer made a tearful apology during a Monday meeting for criticizing quarterback Jay Cutler to an NFL Network reporter last week, which led to a report Sunday that the organization is feeling "buyer's remorse" after signing Cutler to a seven-year, $126.7 million contract on Jan. 2.

An NFL source who spoke to Cutler after Kromer's apology said the quarterback "certainly isn't happy."

The Tribune report cites sources as saying Kromer denied telling the NFL Network that the franchise had "buyer's remorse," and made it a point to inform players during the meeting that that portion of the report did not come from him.

The report states that Cutler was in the room during the meeting, and shook his head the whole time as Kromer apologized.

This is hilariously ridiculous.

ohtuxvizps.jpg

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Say what you will about this horrible show or the troll known as SAS, but my goodness, this was hilarious.

Those aren't bad numbers at all, and I absolutely would take him if we didn't have Bortles.

Not sure if srs. You'd be better off bringing back Blaine Gabbert. At least he would play for league minimum.

Edited by Sarge
  • Upvote 2

I remember hearing his contract signing on the radio. As somebody who grew up in the Chicagoland area I'm constantly hearing all the hype, all the BS, all that shit about the Bears. I'm used to watching them get all excited over one player, or a coach (Mike Martz, for example) only to see it not work out as planned. This was the one time I can remember that something huge happened in Chicago that everybody, at least that I knew, said "What the fuck".

I've always been of the opinion that Jay Cutler will never be a SB winning QB, probably not even a playoff winning QB. The Bears right now are an absolute mess. The GM tried a complete overhaul of the team bringing in 3 new head coaches, Trestman, Tucker, and Kramer, and signing Cutler to a elite-QB long term contract. Literally one of the worst teams in football was the result. As for that video I find it a bit sad that I agree with SAS on some of his comments, even when he's just blowing steam to get a rise out of viewers. I don't want to say the GM should be fired because he has brought some good talent in. However the Four Horsemen gotta go (Cutler, Trestman, Tucker, Kramer). The Bears ain't shit with them running the show. Emery centered his team around the absolute wrong people.

Edit- But as a Packers fan, let em all stay. Sign em to extensions. Bears for life.

Post more often. Thanks.

(Out of rep and can't hit you today)

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Jay_Cutler_Concussions_Signed_Up_To_Play

Cutler has been the problem. McCown succeeded in Trestman's offense, and it wouldn't shock me if Clausen at the very least looks better than Cutler has.

Cutler relies on his cannon arm way too much, to the point where he becomes completely careless with the football. It's dumbfounding really some of the passes he attempts...

So are they going to be able to cut him in the offseason or would it be to big a cap hit?

So are they going to be able to cut him in the offseason or would it be to big a cap hit?

$19 million in dead money if the Bears release Cutler before 2016.

OH MAN THIS IS CRAZY! I was out at the steakhouse with some friends when my friend said, "Did you hear the Bears benched Cutler?" I was just like no way... Turned around to the TV and boom!

Jay Cutler benched....

FOR JIMMY FREAKIN CLAUSEN

I'm gonna leave and let that thought soak in for a minute...

I should have stuck around for about 10 minutes after the game on Monday night, because apparently the ESPN crew went off on Jay Cutler. I noticed that even Jon Gruden had nothing good to say about him.

I should have stuck around for about 10 minutes after the game on Monday night, because apparently the ESPN crew went off on Jay Cutler. I noticed that even Jon Gruden had nothing good to say about him.

Steve Young and Ray Lewis ripped him a new asshole.

Trent Dilfer tried to sugarcoat it, but even he was critical of him. Basically that he does everything right off the field with his study habits, practicing, etc., but once he steps on the field it just basically all goes to shit.

so what happens with Cutler now? it's going to be a huge cap hit if they cut him this offseason, but it sounds like if he's on the roster in March then his 2016 salary becomes guaranteed, so if they don't get rid of him they're stuck with him for two more years, obviously they'll try to trade him, but will anyone bite with his current contract? he's definitely better than the free agent options (the top of which right now would be Hoyer, Sanchez, Locker, and Vick) so somebody will pick him up quickly, honestly I wouldn't mind seeing the Titans bring him in, though not with his current contract, could the Bears trade him contingent on restructuring his contract or would Cutler be able to block that type of trade? I'm not sure what sort of language is in his contract about that, alternatively could the Bears agree to cover part of the deal to facilitate the trade? I know it happens in other sports, but I don't know that I've seen it in the NFL, but player trades in general are far more rare in the NFL than other sports

There's no way Cutler is gonna restructure his contract. He'll never see anything like this again (shouldn't have seen it in the first place).

And if any team trades for Cutler with that contract that GM should be shipped outta the country.

The way I see this going down is that Cutler & Bears relationship is unfixable. His time is done there's no repairing the damage. They'll release him. I heard on ESPN Radio or NFL radio or something that his contract allows him to, if he signs with another team, nullify guaranteed money the Bears pay with another contract.

Basically, since he's owed $15.5M next year, if another team signs him to a $10M guaranteed next year, the Bears only have to pay 5.5 of that. Idk if that's how all contracts work or just his. But that's something to think about for the situation.