BLUE

Broncos extend Chris Harris at 5-years, $42.5M

Per Rotoworld.com:

Broncos signed CB Chris Harris to a five-year, $42.5 million contract extension
The deal includes a $10 million signing bonus and $24 million guaranteed. It's a major commitment from the Broncos with Demaryius and Julius Thomas in contract years. Harris has put together a breakout season opposite Aqib Talib, grading out as PFF's No. 1 overall corner. The total value will place him among the top-six highest paid cornerbacks in the league. Harris is now signed through the 2019 season. Dec 12 - 6:44 PM
Source: Denver Post
Edited by BLUE

Now we know John Elway is a PFF subscriber.

Chris Harris is pretty great, good to see him getting paid what he deserves.

Crazy deal. John Elway wins. Don't be surprised if this isn't the last hometown discount contract from now through the off-season. Von Miller, D. Thomas, and J. Thomas need contracts, among others. John will get em done.

Even with discounts, do the Broncos have the money to sign them all? Not being sarcastic, seriously asking. I mean even if you take a discount, you still aren't going to completely bend over for the team.

Yeah, I don't see the Broncos having enough cap to be able to sign all of those guys. Either D.T or Julius Thomas may hit the free agent market.

If Manning doesn't retire this year, he'll be restructured to get some of his money off the books, I'm almost sure of it. D.T. definitely isn't going anywhere, but I don't think Elway will overpay for a one-dimensional tight end, especially no 10 million a year like you see Jimmy Graham get. A long 6-7 mil/yr contract like Gronk has is doable though. CHJ took 10-15 million less than he could of gotten. Von's is actually up after next year too, when Manning should be finally off the books.