Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Seahawks @ Cardinals

The Arizona Cardinals (11-3) are the only team in the NFC to have clinched a spot in the playoffs with only two weeks left in the season. They still have plenty to play for, though, as they could earn the top seed, but if they stumble down the stretch they could fall to the six seed. This week they will host the defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks (10-4) in an attempt to win the division.

Calais Campbell has been the sixth-best 3-4 defensive end in Run Stop Percentage (9.2%) and the seventh-best in Pass Rushing Productivity (6.8). In the game against the Seahawks he was able to log three sacks along with three other pressures. This all came in a game that Campbell posted his lowest overall rating of the season (-1.0). Campbell has been the complete player on the defensive line by leading the team in sacks (7) and stops (36).

Left guard James Carpenter didn’t play the first time these teams met up but they will need him this time around. The Seahawks’ offensive line is banged up and they likely won’t have Russell Okung, who played very well against the Cardinals in Week 12. Since starting the year well, Carpenter has struggled to consistently perform. However, he has not given up a sack this season on his 369 pass blocking snaps.

Arizona Cardinals

Larry Fitzgerald - Throwing catchable passes in Fitzgerald’s direction will help any quarterback’s confidence as he has the second-lowest Drop Rate among WRs in the league with a 1.72 on the season.

Antonio Cromartie - Cromartie has been a lockdown corner this year allowing a reception on every 13.5 snaps he spends in coverage, which ranks fifth in the league.

Kerwynn Williams- With the injury to Andre Ellington, Williams has been afforded a chance to play significant snaps. In the last two games, he has 34 carries for 175 yards with 100 of those yards coming after contact.

Seattle Seahawks

Marshawn Lynch - Lynch has opened up a big lead on the rest of the running backs in our Elusive Rating. He currently has an 84.5, while Eddie Lacy comes in second with a 65.5.

Michael Bennett - Bennett leads the Seahawks with 59 total pressures on 409 pass rushing snaps.

Earl Thomas – The Seahawks’ safety has allowed one reception on every 41.9 snaps in coverage in his zone, which is fourth-best among safeties this season.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Not Seahawks related, but learned that Eddie Lacy has the 2nd best 'elusive' rating in the league according to PFF. Who would have guessed? rofl... Not me. If anyone watched Lindley play before, there isn't much hesitation in picking the Hawks to win. The Cardinals D is good, but are they good enough to pick up one of the worst QBs in the last decade?

I actually loved that Arians decided not play Logan Thomas. They see him as the future, and felt throwing him out there would really damage that. Good for you, Arizona.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Even with a 3rd QB and 3rd RB Arizona is not a team to look past. They are the new San Francisco. Sacking Russell Wilson 7 times as they did the last time we met is quite the feat for such an elusive QB. We're going to be without all-world Max Unger and pro bowler Russell Okung. This game is not going to be easy, as it's a very crippled O-line going up against the defense that always gives us the most problems.

Of course I'm picking Seattle to win. Wilson still somehow manages a 105 QBR against divisional opponents this year, and an identical QBR on the road. If we don't allow Arizona to score a defensive or special teams touchdown, we can legit shut the Cardinals out this week, as our defense is clicking, healthy, and doing absolutely everything extremely well. I am confident in our ability not to make fatal offensive mistakes to lose this game because, well, we've yet to allow a defensive touchdown against us since name Russell the starter.

Cliff notes: Defensively, not worried at all, we shall dominate. Offensively, we will bend quite a bit, but not break.

:Seahawks: 13

:Cardinals: 0

Edited by BC

I hate playing a talented defense that feels slighted by the world.

Seattle should win. But I'm not real comfortable with that. I fully expect a defensively dominated affair and one fluke play can drastically alter the outcome or even single handedly determine it.

Ultimately, I expect a QB to lose this game. Both defenses feast on forcing game deciding errors. In that respect, I think the odds are dramatically in favor of Wilson who has made it his career signature of playing mistake free ball.

• Upvote 1

You can't look beyond this week, according to BC, but the Hawks are going to shut them out... Hmmm, could be an ugly game, I suppose. lol

If negative points could be scored in football, Ryan Lindley would make it happen.

:Seahawks: 33

:Cardinals: 0

• Upvote 1

I've actually checked out all of Lindley's games on game rewind. I'm feeling much better about our chances.

Probably a full 30% of his throws are playable by the defense. He has horrible footwork and mechanics. His balls are really horrifically inaccurate even on throws with no pressure at all. He has a definite stutter step that causes almost all of his throws to be late and off target. It's like he doesn't really trust what he sees. But his decision making is lethargic and visibly tentative. I don't think Seattle is going to have to blitz at all this game. Not that Seattle does that frequently. It's like our defense is tailor made to maximize their performance against Lindley to begin with. It's definitely a dream matchup for how we play pass defense.

If he puts it up 25 times, we might come out of this game with six picks.

• Upvote 1

Tony Moeaki (shoulder) is inactive for Sunday night's Week 16 game against the Cardinals.

Moeaki was a long shot to play after not practicing all week. Luke Willson will start, with Cooper Helfet playing in two-tight end sets.
Also inactive for Seattle are WR Chris Matthews, C Max Unger, DT Travian Robertson, LT Russell Okung, WR Kevin Norwood, and DE Demarcus Dobbs.

Drew Stanton (knee) is inactive for Sunday night's Week 16 game against Seattle.

Ryan Lindley will start, with Logan Thomas backing him up.
The rest of the Cardinals inactives are WR Brittan Golden, S Chris Clemons, OG Jonathan Cooper, NT Alameda Ta'amu, OL Anthony Steen, and DE Kareem Martin.

Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 9m9 minutes ago

Seahawks now at 594 yards of offense, which would be a franchise record. Previous was 591 vs. San Diego Dec. 29, 2002 in 2 OT.

Couldn't have even dreamt of a game better than this. Damn, we are really, really spoiled. Gunna soak this one in. Obviously its a dissapointing season if we don't win it all, but what a marvelous, ass kicking of a win against our best divisional opponent in their house. Can't wait to see what we can do with Okung and Unger back. What a great time to be playing our best ball.

Congratulations, you beat Ryan Lindley :D