1. 1. Who wins?

• Pube Beard
    • Mile High Forehead

Sunday, 4:40ET, CBS

Indianapolis Colts @ Denver Broncos

:Colts:

Why Indianapolis Will Win:

1. Luck Goes Off

The only slight chance that Indianapolis has at winning this game involves one of two things, and the very first is one of the best performances of Andrew Luck's career. Can he make great use of players like TY Hilton, Reggie Wayne, and his two TEs? Can he find a way to at least make one of his running backs useful?

2. Davis + Toler

The most underrated pieces of this Indianapolis team are undoubtedly its two corners--Vontae Davis, who has been very good for quite some time, and Greg Toler, who has come a long way from being an often targeted corner into a very good player on the outside who seems to have a knack for making big plays. Toler made huge plays last week against Cincinnati. Can he do the same against Peyton Manning?

Why Indianapolis Will Lose:

1. Not On Denver's Level

The Colts simply are not as good as the Denver Broncos. If Denver comes to play, and if Peyton Manning shows more than he did near the end of the season after a week off, the Colts could be in serious trouble.

2. Luck Turnovers

Andrew Luck might be fantastic, but he is also capable of turning the ball over at an alarming rate in any one game. If that happens, Denver will put a Dallas-style ass-whupping on the Indianapolis Colts.

:Broncos:

Why Denver Will Win:

1. They're the Better Team

All things considered, the Broncos are clearly the superior team in this matchup. While Indianapolis has great pieces in key situations, the Broncos have players who are just as good in those positions, if not arguably better. Once you factor in the rest of each team, Denver should win this game according to paper, but we've seen that not matter before.

2. Pass Rush

Andrew Luck thrives in just about any situation, but with his turnover issues, Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware could have a huge impact on this game. I'm looking for 2 sacks from one of said players, and at least one strip/sack. Watch out for DeMarcus Ware playing in the most relevant game of his career, a game that should have come long, long ago.

Why Denver Will Lose:

1. Peyton's Deterioration

I certainly believe that Peyton Manning is still a great quarterback, at least of the time. Nevertheless, I also believe that we're seeing his decline, firsthand. Each pass seems to come out more wobbly than the last, and while he can't help that, at some point it simply won't matter. Needless to say, Peyton could play great, today, but he could also implode due to things that are outside of his control.

2. Questionable Special Teams

There's something alarming about a team that comes into the playoffs unsure of its kicker. If this game is close, that could matter

Prediction: Broncos 38 Colts 21

I think Peyton plays well, despite my decline comments. As I said, he doesn't show it in every game, but I do expect it to pop up more and more as the years wear on. Denver also has the defense to keep Luck under wraps, and I think that happens.