Tridentdawgpound

Super Bowl 49 Prediction Thread

DO IT BITCHES. Who wins? Who's the MVP? What celebrities are shown in press boxes? Do we see Katy Perry's nipple? SO MANY QUESTIONS. HERE'S WHERE WE ANSWER THEM.

Patriots 28

Seahawks 19

MVP: Jamie Collins

:Patriots: 34

:Seahawks: 13

Pats offense actually matches up pretty well against Seattle's defense, IMO. Biggest key is containing Lynch. If Lynch is held at bay then Seattle's bootleg, gimmick offense is basically fucked.

Feeling the Patriots, and I never go against my immediate post-conference-championship instinct.

:patriots: 27

:Seahawks: 20

:Patriots: 30

:Seahawks: 20

A late pick-six seals it. Thinking it will be a close hard fought game, but the Hawks are going to have injuries to their two best defensive players, and Russell Wilson is going to test Revis, which is a bad thing for the Hawks.

:Patriots: 20

:Seahawks: 17

MVP: Brady, not necessarily because he'll deserve it, I just don't see him not getting MVP if NE wins

Edited by oochymp

I contemplated leading up to this scenario whether or not I could root for the Pats against the Seahawks.

I cannot.

While rewarding players for playing like crap for 58 minutes of a game just because they didn't play like crap for the last two minutes of the game pisses me off to no end, the fact that we're still getting cheating allegations about the Pats (I don't even care if they're guilty, it's just the sheer fact that their name comes up in a legit situation) pisses me off even more.

Screw the Pats.

So, I hope either one of two things happen:

1. The Pats lose by 50.

2. The Pats lose on a last second FG because I'm bitter.

Seriously, screw the Pats.

• Upvote 2

^ :ooo:

:Patriots: 28

:Seahawks: 17

MVP: Revis

• Upvote 1

:Seahawks: 48

:Patriots: 8

Because the Patriots deserve to bent over a table and raped.

• Upvote 1

:Patriots: 31 :Seahawks: 16

The better team is pretty obvious, here.

:Seahawks: 23

:Patriots: 16

When you can escape from the type of game the Seahawks did, that makes you extremely dangerous.

Edited by Maverick

Seahawks 31

Patriots 27

MVP Lynch

:Patriots: 27

:Seahawks: 23

M.V.P. Tom Brady, 276 yards, 3 TD's and 1 Int.

• Upvote 1

Seattle 31

Pats 24

Russell Wilson MVP

Brady so upset over loss that he retires, allowing other teams to maybe have a chance to win the AFC east

:Patriots: 35

:Seahawks: 10

As soon as Seattle gets down on a team like NE, they are fucked. Saw what happened last weekend against GB...who doesn't even have a good secondary. Kept them entirely shut out until golden horseshoe shennanigans appearred.

Revis, Browner, Mccourty, are not going to make things any better. Wouldn't be surprised if Wilson didn't even throw for 100 yards.

Bloodbath is coming

MVP: Brady

:Patriots: 35

:Seahawks: 10

As soon as Seattle gets down on a team like NE, they are fucked. Saw what happened last weekend against GB...who doesn't even have a good secondary. Kept them entirely shut out until golden horseshoe shennanigans appearred.

Revis, Browner, Mccourty, are not going to make things any better. Wouldn't be surprised if Wilson didn't even throw for 100 yards.

Bloodbath is coming

MVP: Brady

What makes you think they can't pull golden horseshoe shenanigans again? This is the Seahawks, and Russell Wilson is one of the young leaders when it comes to 4th Quarter Comebacks....

What makes you think they can't pull golden horseshoe shenanigans again? This is the Seahawks, and Russell Wilson is one of the young leaders when it comes to 4th Quarter Comebacks....

Because Belichek doesn't sit on a lead.

I don't think you can use last week to talk about the Seahawks. It'd be stunning if Wilson plays close to that poorly again

• Upvote 1

The Patriots will create much wailing and gnashing of teeth, winning Super Bowl XLIX by a score of 27-17 with nothing but properly-inflated footballs. Despite that, some people will still insist that they didn't deserve to be there, let alone win. It'll be a perfect troll job if Tom Brady wins the Super Bowl MVP award.