Dutch

Top 10 WRs 2015

1. :Lions: Calvin Johnson - Injury plagued year and his placement as the best can't be toppled in one season.

2. :Falcons: Julio Jones - Julio is an athletic freak of nature on all cylinders. He had the most explosive splash plays in the league last season.

3. :Steelers: Antonio Brown - Brown simply put had the best season of all WR's last year and he did it beating some of the premiere corners in the league. If he keeps it up at this level, he could form to be the second coming of Marvin Harrison.

4. :Cowboys: Dez Bryant - He may not be the most polished route runner and has a limited route tree, but this guy just dominates whoever he is facing. He's a circus freak and makes his defenders look like boys.

5. :Bengals: A.J Green - It pains me to have A.J down this far... He had an injury plagued year and still did well. However, he does get shut down by some of the premiere corners. Joe Haden who is good but not great and Revis dominated Green.

6. :Packers: Jordy Nelson - Jordy can do it all. Probably one of the most balanced evenly blended WRs in the league. Dangerous on the double move, savvy route runner, has a huge concentration drop every now and again but is still one of the best in the league.

7. :Broncos: Demairyus Thomas - I don't necessarily like D.T's style of receiving being a bubble screen master YAC guy, but he's an dangerous threat nonetheless. I guess guys who are his size, I expect them to make big plays on the ball while it's in the air. D.T doesn't use his height well in my opinion and his catch radius and ball locating skills are very limited.

8. :Redskins: Desean Jackson - People can say what they want about Desean Jackson, but he is one of the most dangerous receivers in the league PERIOD. He is the best deep threat in the league and he can kill you anywhere on the field and anytime. He can beat you long or catch it short and still take it the distance. Desean had 3 different QB's throwing to him this year and still made big plays. How do you catch only 56 balls and still get over 1100 yards? He averaged 21 yards per catch. That's nothing short of insane. He's not just a one trick pony either and showed that last year in Chip's offense catching 82 balls.

9. :Colts: T.Y Hilton - Hilton has definitely earned my respect. He's shown that he's a great play maker. He just always seems to make the play when the Colts need it on important downs. His a dangerous threat deep and made some great defended catches this season.

10. :Giants: Odell Beckham JR - One more year like last year and he's automatically in my top 5 lol. I don't like anointing rookies too soon but the level Odell Beckham played at this past year was historic even to the point where defenses were double teaming him before the season was over. I highly doubt that was a fluke but we will see how he adjust next year when after defenses watch that tape.

Honorable Mention:

:Eagles: Jeremy Maclin - Maclin balled out this year. He showed Philly that with Desean gone we still had a dangerous deep threat. He made some great grabs and made the catches when we needed him the most. Jmac definitely stepped up this year.

:Bears: Alshon Jefferey - Play maker.

:Lions: Golden Tate - Showed the world that he was more than what we all saw at Seattle. Without Megatron lined up next to him, Tate had some amazing games and helped the Lions get a few wins.

:Bills: Sammy Watkins - I love this kid. He was suffering with a groin injury for a good part of the season and was kind of streaky but I love his potential. I'm eager to watch his growth development.

Edited by Dutch

There's no way to rank these players. They're all great at different things and therefore there's really no way to call any one better than the others.

Brown

Megatron

Dez
DThomas

Julio

Green

Jordy

8. Maclin

9. DeSean

10. Beckham (no higher until he plays well for multiple seasons, which he will)

1. Antonio Brown - He's the entire Steelers' passing attack, in addition to the extra things he does on special teams. No other receiver in the league handles his level of workload, or matches his level of production. Runs every route well, deep, over the middle, or skirting the sidelines, Brown is the best in the league.

2. Calvin Johnson - You can't be king forever, but he is still the most impressive physical specimen in football. He could very well regain his crown, but he's also turning 30 this year. Knees and ankles start to pile up as you get older and stop healing the way you used to. If he can stay healthy it will be hard to deal with him and Tate together. However if he continues to trend down, the next 3 guys, which are basically 3a, 3b, and 3c for me, could easily surpass him too.

3. Julio Jones - He was the best receiver in the league last year that nobody talked about. I don't think anyone really covered him last year. Corners played off the ball and he still beat them deep repeatedly, and made them look like fools after the catch. The 80 yarder he caught against the Packers late in the season last year is the perfect example of his skillset.

4. Demaryius Thomas - The only player who had more catches and yards last year than DT was Antonio Brown, and DT plays with a guy who in the second half of 2014 struggled to hit a 20-yard comeback route consistently accurately. He has proven year in and year out that no receiver is more dangerous once the ball is in his hands. He's also arguably the highest-character guy on this list. He struggled with drops last year, only Steve Smith and Kelvin Benjamin had more, and he doesn't use his body as well as he could in traffic, or he would be ranked higher. If he played with Flacco, Rodgers, Romo, or even a big arm like Stafford, he would be looked upon much more highly.

5. Dez Bryant - I feel he is right there with Calvin as far as physicality goes, as a guy who will truly attack the ball in the air. Probably the all-around best athlete in the NFL, he doesn't run the best route but it never stops him from going to get the ball once it's in the air. His character is his biggest knock. He likes hitting women and is one cell phone video away from not being in the NFL for a year or more.

6. Jordy Nelson - He's Mr. Fix-It, jack of all trades, master of none. He's deceptively fast, and opposing corners constantly underrate him in that respect. He's very smart, and has incredible chemistry with his QB, he knows just the right little adjustments that will get him that small opening he needs for A-Rodge to fire it in there. I would consider putting him higher on the list if he could replicate his production with a different QB.

7. Odell Beckham Jr. - This is a 2015 projection after all, I don't have a problem putting rookies high on these lists when they're a generational talent. He's fast, and a great route runner, with an absurd catch radius. He's tall, yet his hops and reach make it like he's 12 feet tall out there. If he plays 16 games next year like he did 11 this year, he could very well be number one on the 2016 list.

8. A.J. Green - You can't deny his athleticism or his physical ability, but at times this year when he wasn't dinged up, I just got the impression that he wasn't into it. He got shut down almost completely a couple times in 2014, twice by Joe Haden, and Revis made him look pedestrian. Didn't look like himself in the red zone at all, and I think he had a couple bad fumbles too. I think he really needs a change of scenery.

9. T.Y. Hilton - I think it took this year for a lot of people to realize that this guy isn't just a number two receiver. With the outro of Reggie Wayne this year, Hilton has been kind of the Antonio Brown of the Colts in a lot of ways. Luck just keeps feeding him the ball, and he keeps making big plays.

10. Emmanuel Sanders - Blah blah Manning effect blah blah. If people actually watched Broncos games, they would see a player that was making Peyton Manning look good for much of the year, in a year when our passing offense struggled. He finished around the fifth best receiver in the league stat-wise. I thought Sanders was a joke when he played for Pittsburgh, but once he got here, and had plays tailored to his skillset and became a focal point of an offense, he absolutely shined. He runs very clean routes, isn't afraid to get Collie'd by Manning over the middle, and his speed is very underrated. I was shocked at how well he was able to take the top off a defense, but it was unfortunate that it only worked until week 8 or so after Manning's arm wore out.

I don't feel right leaving Maclin and even Golden Tate off the list. Maclin proved that he can be a number one even without DJax on the roster, and Tate stepped right into Megatron's role and thrived. I'd actually have no problem putting them in over Green, Hilton, or Sanders. The bottom of the list is bound to get muddy at any rate.

Edited by theMileHighGuy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. Antonio Brown - He's the entire Steelers' passing attack...

That's actually not true. Martavis Bryant burst onto the scene in the middle of the season and was doing some special things late in the season. Quick learner if I've ever seen one.

With that said, yes, Antonio Brown was the best WR in the NFL last season, but I think Calvin Johnson will rebound this season. Brown will still be among the top five with Dez Bryant, Julio Jones and Demaryius Thomas.

• Upvote 2

1. :Lions: Calvin Johnson - Injury plagued year and his placement as the best can't be toppled in one season.

2. :Falcons: Julio Jones - Julio is an athletic freak of nature on all cylinders. He had the most explosive splash plays in the league last season.

3. :Steelers: Antonio Brown - Brown simply put had the best season of all WR's last year and he did it beating some of the premiere corners in the league. If he keeps it up at this level, he could form to be the second coming of Marvin Harrison.

4. :Cowboys: Dez Bryant - He may not be the most polished route runner and has a limited route tree, but this guy just dominates whoever he is facing. He's a circus freak and makes his defenders look like boys.

5. :Bengals: A.J Green - It pains me to have A.J down this far... He had an injury plagued year and still did well. However, he does get shut down by some of the premiere corners. Joe Haden who is good but not great and Revis dominated Green.

6. :Packers: Jordy Nelson - Jordy can do it all. Probably one of the most balanced evenly blended WRs in the league. Dangerous on the double move, savvy route runner, has a huge concentration drop every now and again but is still one of the best in the league.

7. :Broncos: Demairyus Thomas - I don't necessarily like D.T's style of receiving being a bubble screen master YAC guy, but he's an dangerous threat nonetheless. I guess guys who are his size, I expect them to make big plays on the ball while it's in the air. D.T doesn't use his height well in my opinion and his catch radius and ball locating skills are very limited.

8. :Redskins: Desean Jackson - People can say what they want about Desean Jackson, but he is one of the most dangerous receivers in the league PERIOD. He is the best deep threat in the league and he can kill you anywhere on the field and anytime. He can beat you long or catch it short and still take it the distance. Desean had 3 different QB's throwing to him this year and still made big plays. How do you catch only 56 balls and still get over 1100 yards? That's insane. He's not just a one trick pony either and showed that last year in Chip's offense catching 82 balls.

9. :Eagles: Jeremy Maclin - Maclin balled out this year. He showed Philly that with Desean gone we still had a dangerous deep threat. He made some great grabs and made the catches when we needed him the most. Jmac definitely stepped up this year.

10. :Colts: T.Y Hilton - Hilton has definitely earned my respect. He's shown that he's a great play maker. He just always seems to make the play when the Colts need it on important downs. His a dangerous threat deep and made some great defended catches this season.

Honorable Mention:

:Giants: Odell Beckham JR - One more year like last year and he's automatically in my top 5 lol. I don't like anointing rookies too soon but the level Odell Beckham played at this past year was historic even to the point where defenses were double teaming him before the season was over. I highly doubt that was a fluke but we will see how he adjust next year when after defenses watch that tape.

:Bears: Alshon Jefferey - Play maker.

:Lions: Golden Tate - Showed the world that he was more than what we all saw at Seattle. Without Megatron lined up next to him, Tate had some amazing games and helped the Lions get a few wins.

:Bills: Sammy Watkins - I love this kid. He was suffering with a groin injury for a good part of the season and was kind of streaky but I love his potential. I'm eager to watch his growth development.

Nice list, but where does Deandre Hopkins fit?

Averaged 15.4 ypc his rookie year then went 15.9 last year for 1200 yds.

Not too shabby.

Kid has flypaper on his gloves and racked up those stats with Ryan Freakin' Fitzpatrick and Case Keenum throwing the pill for most games.

One catch he made would have been a highlight reeler like Beckham's but was called back for inelligible receiver.

Edited by Wattafan

Nice list, but where does Deandre Hopkins fit?

Averaged 15.4 ypc his rookie year then went 15.9 last year for 1200 yds.

Not too shabby.

Kid has flypaper on his gloves and racked up those stats with Ryan Freakin' Fitzpatrick and Case Keenum throwing the pill for most games.

One catch he made would have been a highlight reeler like Beckham's but was called back for inelligible receiver.

Hopkins definitely is a talented receiver and had a nice season with a few big games but the receiver position is too competitive with all the talent at the position. There are a lot of good #1 WR's that won't make the list. Hopkins had a good season but wasn't nearly as effective as the other guys on my list in my opinion.

DeAndre rules. Need to sit down a make a list.

DeAndre rules. Need to sit down a make a list.

:tumbleweed:

• Downvote 1

DeAndre was also pretty much absent in a few games. Let him develop.

:tumbleweed:

In no particular order:

Antonio Brown, Dez, Calvin, DT, AJ Green, Julio, Jordy, Hilton, Jeffrey, Andre.

This list probably sucks.

Not at all. It's pretty solid. I can't wait to see Andre with Luck. I see him having a bounce back season. Who are your favorite 3 on your list?

Favorite players or deserving of top 3 spots?

3 favorite WR on list - Andre, DT, Green/Hilton ahh can't decide.

Top 3 - CJ, AB, DT. It's tough. Dez could easily be in there as well.

1. Brown

2. Megatron

3. Dez

4. Green

5. Nelson

6. DT

7. Julio

8. OBJ

9. Jefferey

10. Hilton

Edited by seanbrock

As far as my favorite 3, Julio, A.J, and Antonio Brown. Idk why but D.T is just meh to me. Great talent and can't knock his production but don't like is yac screen play style. Go win some jump balls and "moss" some defenders like all the other 6'4 receiver s...lol

Edited by Dutch

If OBJ continues on the trajetory he's on given abilities and the way he constantly practices making extremely difficult one handed jump ball catches, and assume he continues to improve and mature, I'll stick him right below Calvin

I guess since I have some free time before grad school picks up in a couple days ima do these rankings...

1. Calvin Johnson

2. Antonio Brown

3. Jordy Nelson

4. Dez Bryant

5. Julio Jones

6. AJ Green

7. Demaryus Thomas

8. T.Y Hilton

9. Alshon Jefferey

10. Emmanuel Sanders

Doing some raw numbers, and bringing back an old formula:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tbLcgEvURW-BlOjEPfwyw76eVVHG6UZH0vB36uH2SyY/edit?usp=sharing

Currently I have:

1. Antonio Brown

2. Calvin Johnson

3. DeMaryius Thomas

4. Julio Jones

5t. Jordy Nelson

5t. Dez Bryant

7. Alshon Jeffrey

8. AJ Green

9. T.Y. Hilton

10. Brandon Marshall

Still want to get Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, and a few others before I finalize the list. The formula for grade isn't super complex, it's just a rough way of showing which games are better than others. I'll figure out how to factor in for opponent later, but that requires more data gathering.

Edited by RazorStannis
  • Upvote 2

Antonio Brown

DeMaryius Thomas

Calvin Johnson

Julio Jones

Dez Bryant

Jordy Nelson

AJ Green

TY Hilton

Odell Beckham Jr

DeSean Jackson

Doing some raw numbers, and bringing back an old formula:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tbLcgEvURW-BlOjEPfwyw76eVVHG6UZH0vB36uH2SyY/edit?usp=sharing

Currently I have:

1. Antonio Brown

2. Calvin Johnson

3. DeMaryius Thomas

4. Julio Jones

5t. Jordy Nelson

5t. Dez Bryant

7. AJ Green

8. T.Y. Hilton

Still want to get Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, and a few others before I finalize the list. The formula for grade isn't super complex, it's just a rough way of showing which games are better than others. I'll figure out how to factor in for opponent later, but that requires more data gathering.

Razor, you should freeze the second row in your spreadsheet so when you scroll down to see other players' stats you know which column you're looking at such as catches, yards, etc.

• Upvote 2

Current numbers:

1. Antonio Brown

2. Calvin Johnson

3. Demaryius Thomas

4. Julio Jones

5t. Jordy Nelson

5t. Dez Bryant

7t. Randall Cobb

7t. Alshon Jeffrey

9. A.J. Green

10. T.Y. Hilton