RazorStar

Biggest Factory of Sadness, Browns, Raiders or Bills?

Disappointment lives  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which franchise is sadder?

• Cleveland Browns
    • Oakland Raiders
    • Buffalo Bills

Since 2000

Cleveland Browns: 82-158 in the regular season, 0-1 in the playoffs, 7 different head coaches (not counting interims), 21 different starting QBs, signed FA retread Josh McCown in the offseason.

Oakland Raiders 89-151 in the regular season, 4-3 in the playoffs, 9 different head coaches, 18 different starting QBs. Did not sign a FA retread QB this offseason... yet.

Buffalo Bills: 97-143 in the regular season, 0-0 in the playoffs, 7 different head coaches (not counting interims), 13 different starting QBs, signed FA retread Matt Cassel in the offseason.

Who is the most miserable? GIVE IT TO ME, TGP.

I'm not sure how the Raiders are in this discussion if you're going to take it back far enough to include their Super Bowl appearance, even if they did lose said Super Bowl to their former coach

If the cutoff was 2004, it would easily be the Raiders. IMO, they have easily been the worst franchise of the last 10 years. But since it goes back to 2000, I have to go with the Browns and Bills over them.

2000 was a convienient cutoff point because of turn of the century shenanigans and what not. Even including the Raiders three postseason appearances, they still have a worse record than the Bills do over the same span, and only 7 more wins than the Browns.

I think the consensus is going to be that the Raiders were at least relevant for a short time during this stretch, which is more than can be said of the other 2. My final answer would be the Browns due to their QB carousel.

But yea, after 2004... wow. lmaoRaiders.

Edited by Sarge

I'm gonna go against the seemingly conventional wisdom here and say that it's the Raiders playoff/Super Bowl appearances that make them even MORE tragic than the others.

Raiders fans had legitimate excitement and optimism. Then came the cliff that they didn't notice and WHOOP: right over the edge. Never even saw it coming. That had to suck.

The plummet just doesn't stop either. A buddy of mine is a legit lifelong Raiders fan, and the playoff bound Raiders are barely a memory top him.

At least Browns fans can still talk about their team without a piece of their soul dying. It's always, "If we could just get a QB." The Browns could contend with a legit signal caller.

The Raiders have a laundry list of inadequacies that no QB can cover up. There is literally no hope in that fan base. That's my pick.

Cleveland is the only NFL city that has neither hosted nor had a team participate in the Super Bowl. Even Detroit Houston and Jacksonville have hosted Super Bowls before.

I'd actually feel sorry for Browns fans if only they stopped pretending that their city is somehow a beacon of enlightenment and sophistication compared to Pittsburgh. Until then, this is just karma, as far as I'm concerned.

Have to go with the Browns, because their incompetent ways actually annoy me a lot of the time. I can only imagine how that constantly inflicts misery into their own fans with out mercy.

Tuck rule playoff game + getting decimated in the SB...yeah the Raiders were winning in those seasons but they got royally fucked twice. And they've been shit ever since then.

Edited by BJORN
  • Upvote 1

^ And they do have the only 0-16 season in NFL history.

• Upvote 2

Also the Lions have not won a playoff game since 1991

• Upvote 2

Leave it to a Bears fan to put the Lions on blast :laugh:

• Upvote 2