Bay

If Patrick Willis doesn't play another down in the NFL...

16 members have voted

1. 1. Willis HOF bound?

• No
    • Yes

...is he a Hall of Famer?

I think he is, but a couple more years at the level he'd been playing at definitely would have completely solidified his case.

So tough... It depends what we are basing it off of. If they went purely on skill and level of play, I say yes in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I don't know if they will vote him in based on that alone. Guys whose careers fall short miss the Hall all the time. Again, purely from skill.. I think Sterling Sharpe should be in the Hall. Alas...

So I would say yes. But.. Will the voters think the same way or count against him his relative lack of accolades?

If Terrell Davis can't get in the hall for being the best runningback during the time of Barry and Emmitt, Patrick Willis isn't getting in for being the best linebacker in the time of Kuechly, Urlacher and Ray Lewis.

Jk the hall of fame voters actually just hate the Broncos.

• Upvote 1

If Terrell Davis can't get in the hall for being the best runningback during the time of Barry and Emmitt, Patrick Willis isn't getting in for being the best linebacker in the time of Kuechly, Urlacher and Ray Lewis.

Jk the hall of fame voters actually just hate the Broncos.

I see your TD and raise you a Jerry Kramer. Razor pls.

People will argue he didn't play long enough but I'd say he more than deserves it. I might be biased because he's been one of my favorite players, but he was certainly at the top of his position for most of his relatively short career.

• Upvote 1

I voted No. If I'm going with the voters opinion here. I think he belongs.

Odds are against him. Only 2 people in the HOF have fewer games played, Gale Sayers and Kellen Winslow. He never won Defensive player of the year. This is going to be a tough choice, he was one of the best if not the best defensive players during his prime.

Patrick Willis was a 7X Pro Bowler and a 5X First-Team All-Pro. In other words, he was a Pro Bowler in every full season he played, and he was a First-Team All-Pro more often than he wasn't. I believe that the brevity of his career will prevent him from being a first-ballot Hall-of-Famer, but I also believe that he will be in the Hall of Fame eventually.

• Upvote 1

I think he'll play again, at some point. He'll realize that he was simply downtrodden about wasting a year in a shitty spot. I would venture that he comes back.

No.

Hell of a player..and I think he should be in personally, but I doubt the voters will think he has a good enough resume' for a relatively small sample size of games despite his production in comparison to other HOF'ers.

By the way, I think it's time to update the artwork at the top of the page since Patrick Willis and Maurice Jones-Drew are both retired now. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Definitely deserves it. I think he'll get in. Best in his position for a lot if years. No real "down"seasons either. Hell of a player for a team that was pretty bad for a long time. I hope they don't snub him. Probably not first ballot, but he should get in.

• Upvote 1

No.

Hell of a player..and I think he should be in personally, but I doubt the voters will think he has a good enough resume' for a relatively small sample size of games despite his production in comparison to other HOF'ers.

is the sample size really that small though? the guy was one of the best LBs in the game for eight seasons

• Upvote 1