BwareDWare94

TGP Group Text

So I had an idea upon Adrian Peterson's reinstatement. Would anybody be interested in having contacts for TGP members all grouped into a single text and, that way, we can inform the group of breaking news as we hear it? As avid sports fans, it'd be a way for all of us to be informed of any news ASAP.

Just an idea. What does everybody think?

GroupMe is a pretty beastly app.

• Upvote 1

Can't tell if Than serious :shrug:

Edited by BwareDWare94

Zack and I exchanged #'s :smug:

You guys can have my number if you want it.. Vin already harasses me enough, I am sure none of you could do worse. :smug:

I just don't know how much I would directly contribute to try and providing news through this medium though.

plz I'd just send you guys terrible memes.

That's totally acceptable, IMO.

You guys can have my number if you want it.. Vin already harasses me enough, I am sure none of you could do worse. :smug:

I just don't know how much I would directly contribute to try and providing news through this medium though.

:yes:

• Upvote 2

See, my thought it that it will allow us to learn about anything major that's happened as soon as possible. It's not about passing articles on to each other. Just quick messages, such as "AP traded to Folsom Prison for shank made out of rebar" or something.

Mav would send selfies...BC would send pics of his pepperoni nips.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

What about a group Facebook Message used specifically for breaking news? Most of us have the Facebook messaging app?

I'd be pretty much comfortable giving any of y'all my number. Don't know about this idea tho B =/

Yeah, I really think this would be a great way to solidify the camaraderie even more than it already is.

Bware... do you even twitter, bro? That's where everyone gets the breaking news the second it happens nowadays.

• Upvote 1

I have a Twitter, but I don't Twitter.

• Upvote 1

The lepers of TGP make themselves known... Than, Phail, PHI, MHG... Only thing left to say.

F y'all

My initial thought is that I'd be in. When I first got to TGP, no way is have gone for this. Over the years, though, most if not all of the "old timers have mutual respect for one another and have become pretty cool adults. I come to this site for the camaraderie even more so than the posting most of the time. I think I'd feel comfortable overall with giving my number to something like this, just so long as no one uses it as a mms no holds barred. No shock value pic messages, and I'm in. Good idea, Bware. :beerchug:

Bware... do you even twitter, bro? That's where everyone gets the breaking news the second it happens nowadays.

This. I'm not saying a group text is a bad idea, but it shouldn't be made for the purpose of breaking news.

This. I'm not saying a group text is a bad idea, but it shouldn't be made for the purpose of breaking news.

It'd be essentially shoutbox with less phone battery killing.

Pls.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Speaking of the shoutbox, for those of you who use it on your phones, how is it? Does it run well?

I think it'd be awesome if there were some kind of shoutbox app where we could all access it through our phones. Would make it easier to access TGP during games and things.

Speaking of the shoutbox, for those of you who use it on your phones, how is it? Does it run well?

I think it'd be awesome if there were some kind of shoutbox app where we could all access it through our phones. Would make it easier to access TGP during games and things.

No it's terrible. Phone version of site doesn't display the box.

Yea shoutbox is terrible on your phone. The reload time means you miss quite a bit of conversation because of it.