BLUE

Update: Dion Jordan suspended for entire 2015 season

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Miami Herald expects the Dolphins to place Dion Jordan on the trade block.
Jordan was a no-show for the start of offseason workouts, leading some to question his commitment to the team. In two years since Miami took him third overall, Jordan has been suspended twice and failed to establish a meaningful role on defense. Miami would lose $1 million in cap space by trading Jordan. Apr 25 - 3:50 PM
Source: Miami Herald

Ship him to the Eagles for a 5th rounder or something.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him traded to Philly around the draft.

Can see him in an Eagles jersey already.

Dion Jordan's NFL career has taken another turn for the worse.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the Miami Dolphins pass rusher will be suspended for the 2015 season following another violation of the league's substance-abuse policy, according to two sources informed of his situation.

Dude is dumb as shit :yao:. Guess we should've known this since his college days when he was trying to siphon gas with a vacuum cleaner.

• Upvote 1

I'd go as far as to say that Dion is the biggest bust in the past few years. 46 career tackles. 3 career sacks. That'll be over 3 years BTW.

Schefter said the Eagles were about to trade for him, too. Way to fuck up, Dion. :yao:

I'd go as far as to say that Dion is the biggest bust in the past few years. 46 career tackles. 3 career sacks. That'll be over 3 years BTW.

Didn't the Dolphins trade up to get him too? Fins have some decent talent on D that this kid should've been a star.

FFS Jordan, I now actually question how much of the beast he was at Oregon was really him and what was because he was on roids.

Shame that his commitment level doesn't match his talent ceiling.

insert breaking bad gif

I'd still trade for him if I'm a 3-4 team. Get him, get him in counseling and the weight room and by next off-season you basically are getting a first round pick for your defense.

Dirt cheap now cause the Dolphins probably want to get rid of him.

Dion's not an elite athlete. I was on the Dion train hard back then watching what his potential was on the field. Also, just going off watching him play in games he looked like an outstanding athlete. A freak athlete even. However, like i was saying in that one thread in regards to a guy like Paul Dawson sometimes the tape does lie. Sometimes guys aren't as athletically gifted as they look on tape. Sometimes the Combine results don't lie. Dion didn't test as a great athlete at the Combine. Matter fact neither did Jadeveon Clowney. Neither passed this filter that has predicted a lot of the successful and unsuccessful pass rushers over the last decade either. Dion always was raw and didn't have a lot of production (sacks) in college, but the athleticism and potential was what had everyone interested. But when you realize that his athleticism was overrated then what do you have?

I still think he is a freak athlete. Former reciever type...and honestly in Oregon he played in coverage WAY MORE than he rushed the passer. He was never a 4-3 end or situational off the edge guy. He is a true 3-4 OLB that can play 3 downs with the proper strength work. Of course at this point it is about the mental part to me. He may not be a speed demon, but I don't need that. I need a guy with excellent movement skills and for a 7th round pick I can get him and mold him up for next year....yes please.

Yep, thats what I meant by potential. I likened him pre-draft back then all the time to how Julian Peterson was back in the day. Coverage OLB and had some ability to blitz. But the agility scores scare me.

Dion is roughly translated into "idiot" in some other language.

Suspended DE Dion Jordan appears to be distancing himself from the Dolphins.

"It’s a [bad] situation," teammate DE Derrick Shelby said. "I’ve texted him a few times but got no response." While teammates have reached out to Jordan, he's closed them off. The same goes for the team regarding Jordan, however, as Miami's higher-ups have declined to say whether Jordan will be welcomed back once his suspension is up. He needs to concentrate on avoiding trouble.

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are "open" to giving suspended DE Dion Jordan another chance if he's reinstated when first eligible in April.

That's provided he's "clean and has a good attitude" after being suspended for all of 2015. Jordan was shaping up as a mega bust even before his mega ban, but with Olivier Vernon headed to the open market and Cameron Wake recovering from a torn Achilles', the Dolphins are in no position to turn away potential pass rush help.

How often has freak athlete really translated in the NFL?

A sport and level where everyone is a top athlete to an extent. The best players of the game are Elite in fundamentals.

Look at AB and his route running.

Look at AP and his vision.

Everyone ranted and raved about Clowney over Mack because of how much of a freak athlete he was.

Now...take a look. It's early still, but clearly Mack's ability to do EVERYTHING and his technique kills.

Athleticism will only get you so far in the league..because at age 30? Yeah, good luck depending on your athleticism.

How often has freak athlete really translated in the NFL?

A sport and level where everyone is a top athlete to an extent. The best players of the game are Elite in fundamentals.

Look at AB and his route running.

Look at AP and his vision.

Everyone ranted and raved about Clowney over Mack because of how much of a freak athlete he was.

Now...take a look. It's early still, but clearly Mack's ability to do EVERYTHING and his technique kills.

Athleticism will only get you so far in the league..because at age 30? Yeah, good luck depending on your athleticism.

Clowney's not really an analogous situation. He was redshirted due to injury and played exceptionally well this year when he was healthy.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Suspended DE Dion Jordan's agent hinted the former No. 3 overall pick will be reinstated.

Agent Doug Hendrickson predicted Jordan will be the "comeback player of the year" shortly after trainer Tareq Azim said Jordan would "solidify his presence to the world." Although no official word has been passed down, it certainly sounds like Jordan's camp received good news. The Dolphins have already said they would welcome Jordan back if he is reinstated from his year-long suspension. The No. 3 overall pick of the 2013 draft, Jordan has just three career sacks in 26 appearances.

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports suspended DE Dion Jordan is owed a $1.69 million roster bonus on the fifth day of camp.

Jordan would need to get reinstated for this bonus to become an issue, but if he does the Dolphins will have a difficult decision. The former No. 3 overall pick has not been effective even when on the field, and it is not a given he will stay out of trouble even if he is reinstated. That big of a bonus would certainly ensure Jordan a spot on the final roster whether he earns it in camp or not, and some in the organization may be unwilling to make that commitment. This situation should come to a head within the next week.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the NFL has notified the Dolphins that DE Dion Jordan is now eligible to practice.

Jordan was conditionally reinstated from his year-long ban 11 days ago. The league still wanted to go through some things with Jordan before letting him on the field. The air has evidently been cleared, but it's unclear when exactly Jordan will practice since he's also dealing with a minor knee injury.

Practice. We talkin' about practice.