Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

Broncos LT Clady tears ACL

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4616/ryan-clady

Broncos LT Ryan Clady tore his left ACL in Wednesday's practice, and is done for the season.

It's a massive blow for a team with questions all over its offensive line. Second-rounder Ty Sambrailo has been penciled in at right tackle. He played left tackle at Colorado State, but the leap from the Mountain West to AFC West might not be one he's prepared to make on Peyton Manning's blindside. Clady's 2013 replacement, Chris Clark, remains on the Broncos' roster. Michael Schofield is another option. Limited to two games by a Lisfranc sprain in 2013, Clady was essentially replacement-level in his 2014 return. Clady turns 29 in September.

Broncos LT Ryan Clady (ACL) will undergo surgery in 8-10 days.

It's an indication Clady is dealing with a relatively clean tear. Sometimes players have to wait for weeks as swelling subsides, or because the MCL is also damaged. Either way, Clady will miss the entire 2015 season.

Broncos agreed to terms with OT Ryan Harris, formerly of the Chiefs.

Harris, who played for coach Gary Kubiak in 2012-13, provides depth after LT Ryan Clady (ACL) was lost for the season. Harris was middling as the Chiefs' right tackle last season, but has experience on the blindside. It's a no-brainer signing for a Broncos team that already lacked tackle depth before Clady's injury.

Speaking Thursday, Broncos coach Gary Kubiak implied second-round rookie Ty Sambrailo would get the first crack at replacing LT Ryan Clady (ACL).

Chris Clark filled in for Clady in 2013 as he missed 14 games with a Lisfranc injury, but Kubiak wants to leave Clark on the right side for now. Michael Schofield is also in the mix on the blindside, while Clark could eventually be, as well. Standing in at 6-foot-6, 311 pounds, Sambrailo played left tackle his final two seasons at Colorado State. He's a decent athlete, efficient mover and physical blocker, though his 33-inch arms are a concern.

*breaks chair*

Well he tore his ACL during a pick up basketball game a few years back so there was that. I'm kind of hoping whoever mans the blindside just lets some DE bend Peyton over some hot coals so we can finally move on with a new QB.

Nothing would make me happier than Peyton Manning missing the playoffs in his final season.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Higher draft picks would make me happy too.

Nothing would make me happier than Peyton Manning missing the playoffs in his final season.

Totally thought you were going to say him getting injured after Razor's post :lol:

Do Electric BWare's dream of Broken Peytons?

I don't hope he gets hurt. I just hope he fails miserably and embarrasses himself by hanging on too long.

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Broncos have settled on second-round rookie Ty Sambrailo as their starting left tackle heading into training camp.
Denver's first-team offensive line that will take the starter's reps on day one of camp: LT Sambrailo, LG Ben Garland, C Gino Gradkowski, RG Louis Vasquez, and RT Chris Clark. It's an ugly on-paper group. Peyton Manning and coach Gary Kubiak's zone-blocking scheme will have to mask the weaknesses. Jun 10 - 2:37 PM
Edited by BLUE

Clady has had so many injuries in his career. It's a shame because he could have had a really brilliant career.

Clady has had so many injuries in his career. It's a shame because he could have had a really brilliant career.

:think: he's started 16 games in six of the seven years he's been in the league, well, six of eight now but that's still a damn good number

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 1

A lot of Clady's injuries haven't totally sidelined him, just hampered his performance in one way or another. He's a perennial all-pro when healthy. That said, I won't be surprised if his career in Denver is over. He was out the year we set all the offensive records, so I'm not terribly worried about it. By all accounts so far Ty Sambrailo is picking up Kubiak's offense really quickly and seems to be the perfect kind of left tackle for this system. It'll be interesting to see how things play out.

Good Guy Clady

Broncos LT Ryan Clady told the Associated Press he's willing to have his contract restructured.

The Broncos haven't discussed reworking his deal yet, but Clady believes that conversation will take place after the season. "I'm definitely willing to talk," said Clady. "I definitely would like to be a lifetime Bronco." Clady tore his ACL last May. Ryan Harris has struggled at left tackle during his absence.
Source: USA Today