Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The NFL's Best Rosters

This comes from TGP-Darling Pro Football Focus, but done for / through ESPN. They gave a reasoning,Top 5 players, and Players that Should be Starters as well, if anyone wants those I can grab them for you. (The article is ESPN Insider only)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/13046017/seattle-seahawks-top-ranking-rosters-all-32-teams-nfl

For the second year in a row, we are ranking the entire rosters of each team in the NFL for ESPN.

We got together PFF's analysts and ran through the data, composing a ranking that incorporated our grading as well as football evaluation for added context -- allowing us, for example, to reward teams that have an excellent quarterback situation but a relative hole along the defensive line when it came to run defense. We have collected the number of elite or high-quality players each team can count among its starters (for these purposes we gave each team a starting side of 12 on each side of the ball to reflect both base and nickel/third-down defense), and you will see those figures in the chart at the bottom of the page.

Here is our 1-32 ranking of every roster in the NFL. The team at the top remainsthe same from a year ago, but nearly every other franchise made moves up or down the list.

1. Seattle

2 Green Bay

3. Baltimore

4. New England

5. Denver

6. Philadelphia

7. Detroit

8. Minnesota

9. Cincinnati

10. New Orleans

11. Dallas

12. Pittsburgh

13. Indianapolis

14. Cleveland

15. Buffalo

16. Carolina

17. San Francisco

18. San Diego

19. Kansas City

20. NY Giants
21. NY Jets

22. St. Louis

23. Miami

24. Arizona

25. Chicago

26. Houston

27. Washington

28. Oakland

29. Tampa Bay

30. Tennessee

31. Atlanta

32. Jacksonville

Edited by Favre4Ever

Cardinals, Chargers, Falcons, not seeing how they are so low. And Minny, Cleveland, Philly not sure why they're loved on so hard.

Edited by BC

Make improvements.

Last.

Cool.

• Upvote 1

Make improvements.

Last.

Cool.

Every team in the NFL that isn't the 49ers got better over the off-season.

On paper, at least.

Overrated

New Orleans

Philadelphia

Cleveland

Minnesota

Underrated

Arizona

St. Louis

Miami

Houston

Just my two cents. That list is pretty head-scratching to me.

Edited by FartWaffles
  • Upvote 1

New Orleans is definitely overrated, and Minnesota's unproven OL holds them down even though they have studs across their defense (Griffin, Barr, Smith, Rhodes). I dunno. My Vikings are such a dark horse team this year. I'm excited but I'm holding that excitement down a bit, too.

Eagles are overrated, but I could see them living up to their ranking. Everything would have to go their way though. When does that ever happen though?

What's with Houston being so low?

Only justifiable reason I could see for that is the lack of a solid quarterback, but even with that they are way too low IMO.

Analysis: Any time you have a quarterback competition between Hoyer and Mallett, your roster has at least one major hole -- and unfortunately it is at the most important position. The offense has significant depth concerns across the board.

On defense, Watt remains the best player in football, and Vince Wilfork can still play good snaps next to him at nose tackle. If the Texans give Wilfork more of a situational role, he may even improve with the added rest. The future of Jadeveon Clowney, who's coming off microfracture surgery, is still very much in the air. When healthy, he's an undeniable talent.

Edited by Favre4Ever

If that's their case for putting Houston at #26, then I guess O'Brien and his coaching staff is just really damn good. Barring any major injuries there's no reason to think that the Texans can't at the very least finish 8-8 or better this coming season.

If Mallett or Hoyer even play halfway decent the Texans have a good enough roster to be in Wildcard contention, much like they were last season.

Should of made them #33 tbh :smug:

Jaguars fan: Opinion not qualified

960x540.jpg

960x540.jpg

One thing Bortles is really good at is his "getting sacked" face. He's got that shit mastered like an art form. :smug:

Seattle undoubtedly has the best roster from top to bottom and got even more lethal with the addition of Jimmy Graham, I think the Ravens roster overall is better than the Packers for #2. One thing about the Ravens imo, they've always had an extremely balanced team on both sides of the ball. Ozzie is the man... As far as my Eagles, our potential "could" be #6 but it's a big "if" considering health and if everything pans out.

I like where the Vikings are at. I honestly believe they have the potential to do great this year. I love their roster and love overall what Zimmer is doing with the team. The Vikes did solid last year with a rookie QB and no running game. They get back Adrian Peterson, they acquired Mike Wallace (and teams will have 8 in the box for A.P while Wallace will stretch the field), with Cordarrelle Patterson who can still be a threat if they figure out how to get the ball in his hands (because he can't run routes) and Rudolph. And they also have some very young promising players on the defensive side with Barr and Xavier Rhodes who is playing like one of the top corners in the league. I like their chances.

I agree with New Orleans being overrated. They should straight up be switched with the Cardinals who have a very solid roster and getting Darryl Washington back. St Louis and Miami are too low as well.

Edited by Dutch
  • Upvote 1

Jaguars fan: Opinion not qualified

960x540.jpg

960x540.jpg

One thing Bortles is really good at is his "getting sacked" face. He's got that shit mastered like an art form. :smug:

Hey now, that's not the only thing Bortles is really good at.

He's also incredible at throwing 1 yard outs on 3rd and long.