Vin

Gates, McClain, Datone Jones, and Richardson popped for PEDs

Well, at least the Ladarius Green era will finally begin (a year late), even if it is just for four games.

NFL suspended Chargers TE Antonio Gates four games for violating the league's PED policy.

This one is a shocker. Headed into his 13th NFL campaign, Gates has always been a model NFL citizen, both on- and off-the-field. In a statement, Gates said he never "knowingly" ingested a banned substance. While possibly true, it's the oldest PED excuse in the book. Now 35, Gates has been thus far ageless as Philip Rivers' go-to target, but his absence will free up a massive amount of looks for Keenan Allen and Stevie Johnson, and give Ladarius Green the opportunity he's deserved for some time now. Missing such a huge chunk of the fantasy season right off the bat, it's hard to sell Gates as a TE1.

NFL suspended Cowboys MLB Rolando McClain four games for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

McClain was originally believed to be facing a four-game fine, which would have meant three failed tests. A fourth failed test triggers a suspension. McClain simply can't stay out of his own way, though this is his first league-imposed suspension. It would likely be his second had he not "retired" in May 2013. McClain is coming off a renaissance year for the Cowboys, but is recovering from a knee scope in addition to his suspension. The end to his 2014-15 was marred by repeated head issues. McClain turns 26 in July. He's likely one strike away from being out of the NFL.

NFL suspended Packers DE Datone Jones one week for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

The league is ramping up its Fourth of July weekend news dump. Green Bay's 2013 first-rounder, Jones played 385 snaps last season as a situational pass rusher. Jones has just five sacks through 32 NFL games. His absence won't exactly be a deal-breaker against Chicago in Week 1.

NFL suspended Jets DL Sheldon Richardson four games for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

"I apologize for letting down my family, teammates, this organization and the fans," Richardson said in a statement. With the Jets on bye in Week 5, Richardson won't make his season debut until Oct. 18 against the Redskins. It's a massive blow for Todd Bowles' defense, as Richardson will miss contests against the Browns, Colts, Eagles and Dolphins. Alongside an equally-dominant Mo Wilkerson, Richardson was one of the league's best defenders last season. His absence will ramp up the pressure on No. 6 overall pick Leonard Williams. Richardson has always been outspoken, but had previously avoided off-the-field drama through his first two years in the NFL.

Datone only misses one game. I love seeing bad players get popped for this. Although, he was a lot better last year in his limited role. I guess we know why. Still pretty disappointing.

Leo's time to shine :ooo:

Datone only misses one game. I love seeing bad players get popped for this. Although, he was a lot better last year in his limited role. I guess we know why. Still pretty disappointing.

His was substance tho, so that's more so recreational drugs usually than PEDs but obviously it can still be that depending on the drug (is Adderall a PED or recreational? etc.) I think with Datone he finally started to transition to that defensive scheme last year finally and that's why he showed a little more production along with another year of experience of course. I feel like he'll do even better this year :yep:

Adderall is a PED, increases your focus for those film room, practice, film room, practice days.

Sad to see Gates' name on this list. The other names aren't all that surprising.

Leo's time to shine :ooo:

Gotta wonder if part of them taking Leo was knowing this was coming (as teams often due, given my experience with the Jags :yao: ) as well as Mo Wilk's contract dispute. We all viewed them as set at that position but they could of seen all this and thought different. :yep:

Sheldon getting popped tho... Draft 2013 worst class ever.

NFL suspended Cowboys MLB Rolando McClain four games for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

:yes:

Fuck Dallas, they getting fucked in the ass with suspensions. I hope their defense gets lit up like a Christmas tree and they suck. Their oline is gonna dominate but maybe with all this and the Dez distractions Dallas will meltdown.

• Upvote 1

Jets DL Sheldon Richardson's pre-trial hearing for traffic violations stemming from an alleged "high-speed road race" is scheduled for Monday.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said the hearing will likely be continued for "about a month." Richardson is eligible to return from a four-game ban for a substance abuse violation this week. This incident will likely land Richardson another suspension, but it is unlikely to be handed down until after the matter is resolved. Richardson is expected to be in the lineup when the Jets return from their bye Week 6.

Well, at least the Ladarius Green era will finally begin (a year late), even if it is just for four games.

:yes: