Can Houston Win This Division?

14 members have voted

1. 1. Will Houston win the AFC South?

• Yes
    • No, but they're definitely a wildcard contender
    • No, and they're not a playoff team at all

Let's hear it.

Edited by Sarge

No, they've downgraded at QB whether it be Hoyer or Mallett and the previous QB couldn't even get them there. They also lose a weapon for their QB in letting Andre go.

There's only so much you can do with Brian Hoyer at QB. At best they sneak into the playoffs as a #6 seed.

A great defense can do wonders for a young quarterback. I think they need to start Mallet to have a real shot. They know what Hoyer is--bad to very mediocre. Ryan Mallet is an unknown commodity. Give him the starting job.

Practice means absolutely nothing if Hoyer has trouble completing a downfield pass in games. If they start him, it will bite them in the ass. I hope they're smarter than that.

They're by far the biggest threat to Indy for the division title. I think they've got a good shot if they can get some consistent QB play they've got a good shot, as they've got pretty much everything else in play. Unfortunately for them, that's a fairly large sized if.

no, that defense is gonna be nasty, they might be able to get consistent pressure by only rushing three, but I could see them losing a lot of games 14-7

I don't think they can get past Luck and the Colts just yet. Wildcard is possible, but like others have mentioned until the Texans solve their quarterback issue they're not winning the division.

Little Boy Blue gonna put the team on his back.

Little Boy Blue gonna put the team on his back.

Hopefully I can say this a lot during the season. Not gonna hold my breath though...

nah, this is Jonathan Grimes' time to shine :smug:

nah, this is Jonathan Grimes' time to shine :smug:

I am a Grimes fan. Regardless the Texans will definitely be a RBBC offense now. Blue would be expected to be the lead back, but Grimes and even Polk should see some carries as well. Hilliard is likely a practice squad guy, unless he just shines in preseason. I'd be cool if the Texans also did their due-dilligence on Pierre Thomas.

any chance they kick the tires on Ray Rice?

any chance they kick the tires on Ray Rice?

I HIGHLY doubt it.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-McNair-supports-hard-line-stance-on-5763304.php

McNair, in a 13-minute segment on the CNBC program "Squawk Box" prompted by the Rice case and the indictment of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson on child abuse charges, discussed league and team responses to players accused of domestic violence and said the Texans have a "zero tolerance" policy on such matters.

McNair said the incident in which videotape shows Rice punching his fiancée, now his wife, is "a microcosm of society."

"Our players are role models. There's no question about it," he said. "Whether they want to be or not, they are. They are in the spotlight. So if they do something that's wrong, that's in the spotlight, too, whereas the normal incidents (are) not highlighted in that fashion.

"We just have to recognize that we are being held to a higher standard, and we need to act to a higher standard."

That'd be a great signing. Screw Alfred Blue, Pierre Thomas going to quietly dominate and be that all-around back that nobody gives him credit for being once again.

EDIT: Oh, and as far as Ray Rice goes, i'd be shocked if he wound up anywhere and absolutely devastated if he had a real impact on that team. Even before the incident, the guy was declining and barley a shell of his former self. If a team would think about signing him, his production would have to outweigh all the negativity publicity that would naturally come with it -- and it wouldn't.

The last two images on and off the field the NFL and fans have of Ray Rice are that elevator video and him making a hobby of getting stuffed behind the LoS.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Texans wut r u doing

makes you wonder what other offer(s) Thomas is sitting on

It's weird, because the vet minimum for Pierre Thomas would be $870K. Reports are saying that he wants $1 million. If the Texans are low-balling him over supposedly $130K, then that is fuckin' ridiculous.

Only other snag I could see in that negotiation, is possibly Thomas wanting a fully guaranteed contract. Regardless this is stupid...

a full guarantee could definitely be the issue, given the circumstance that Houston is likely giving Foster the return designation when they put him on IR, I could see Thomas having concern about what would happen to him when Foster gets back

• Upvote 1

Texans owner Bob McNair says he wasn't surprised by Arian Foster's groin injury.

We weren't surprised, either, but it's weird to hear his boss saying it. "I’ve recognized how vulnerable he is," McNair said. "It seems like every year he’s had some type of soft-tissue injury. We just keep our fingers crossed and hope it won’t happen, but he seems to be vulnerable to that type of thing." We'd imagine McNair's words will stick in Foster's craw the next time his contract comes up.