Sarge

Which Team Wins the NFC South?

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Wins the NFC South This Season?

• Panthers
    • Falcons
    • Saints
    • Bucs

GoGoGo

Panthers have the best overall roster. They win. They go something like 8-8 or 9-7 because the division is really shitty, but they win.

Saints go 4-12. I can't wait.

I heard all this Bucs hype last year. And two years before that. They sucked. They still will and they aren't winning the division with a rookie QB. If they hit six wins this year I'd call it a victory.

The Saints got worse during the offseason, despite any attempt to argue to the contrary by delusional Saints fans.

The Falcons were a very bad team two years running, but they did have the best offseason of the 4 teams and they may or may not have a good coach.

I'm still going with Carolina. The roster is overall the best, but the coaching is worst or second-worst. They were 7-8-1 last year, but they won 5 of their last six, and their last 4 straight after changing the roster around and using a lot of the young talent on our roster. They will start with basically the same defense. If Jonathan Stewart can stay healthy- a big if- I could easily see Carolina winning this comfortably.

Edited by Thanatos19

I picked Carolina, FWIW.

I don't know what's more surprising-- that the Bucs have 3 votes or that the Saints have none.

This board has tons of Buc fans. It shouldn't be shocking they have 3 votes lol.

Yea, silly me expecting you guys not to be homers. :smug:

Lotulelei is apparently experiencing problems with his surgically-repaired foot.

Panthers don't look very healthy right now, but it is still just training camp.

Star would be a blow, but we do have capable backups. I just hope its not something that lingers and derails a very promising career. He has quietly had an excellent two seasons.

I picked Carolina, FWIW.

I don't know what's more surprising-- that the Bucs have 3 votes or that the Saints have none.

I don't think the Saints did enough to help their defense and they traded their second best offensive player, I think they'll regress this year

lol me anyway the Falcons are my pick here. I have this feeling and no other team jumps out at me.

With better defensive play they will be a nice story. Not sure about the run game, though maybe someone will surprise.

Right now the NFC South is who ever sucks the least wins, its a pretty horrible division.

I would have said the Panthers but now that Benjamin is out for the year there already shot WR corps is even worse.

I could see the Saint's bouncing back just while still being early in their rebuild just because of how bad the South is, That said I will still take the Falcons. Out of the four they seem the most set and if Jones and White stay healthy there passing game is still pretty good.

• Downvote 1

The South has one horrible year and now we're a horrible division. Okay.

Right now it looks like a pretty bad division. I don't think it will take more than a 9-7 record to win it.

I don't want to call Thanatos out in particular about this, because he's not alone, but...

Why do some of us feel compelled to defend our divisions? Teams don't need to be in strong divisions to gain respect. This isn't college football.

^Good point

Also. It should be noted that the Panthers have one of the best defenses in the NFL...Atlanta and New Orleans have pretty good offenses. Sure, they may suck in other areas...but take these teams lightly and I wouldn't be shocked to see them beat a more well-rounded team like GB or SEA on any given Sunday.

The NFCS is highly competititve, you aren't going to just blow these teams out. I think people are in for a surprise with the NFCS.

I don't want to call Thanatos out in particular about this, because he's not alone, but...

Why do some of us feel compelled to defend our divisions? Teams don't need to be in strong divisions to gain respect. This isn't college football.

Well if you win a shitty division its not as good of a feat as winning a tough one.

I just think its silly that the South is suddenly a horrible division because of one year lol. The NFC East was won with a 9-7 record, what like, 4 out of the last six years? And no one claims its horrible.

Um, Thanatos, the NFC East has had at least a 10-6 winner the last three years. Last year, the Eagles were 10-6 but lost to the 11-5 Cowboys. In the last six years, the only time a 9-7 team has won the East is the 2011 Giants...that went on to win the Super Bowl.

And yes, winning a tougher division looks better, but everything is settled in the playoffs anyway, so it's not that big a deal.

Edit: I realize the irony in defending my team's division in this post, but hey, he started it!

Edited by SteVo

No idea why I would take offense to the NFCW jokes when it's not just your team getting mocked, but your rivals as well.

With Benjamin being out for the year, I'm picking ATL. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't but Carolina lost a big piece on offense.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

Um, Thanatos, the NFC East has had at least a 10-6 winner the last three years. Last year, the Eagles were 10-6 but lost to the 11-5 Cowboys. In the last six years, the only time a 9-7 team has won the East is the 2011 Giants...that went on to win the Super Bowl.

And yes, winning a tougher division looks better, but everything is settled in the playoffs anyway, so it's not that big a deal.

Edit: I realize the irony in defending my team's division in this post, but hey, he started it!

I guess I was thinking that because the Cowboys could have won the division with a 9-7 record by winning on the last week of the season three years in a row. But then they lost all three years.

:shifty:

I heard all this Bucs hype last year. And two years before that. They sucked. They still will and they aren't winning the division with a rookie QB. If they hit six wins this year I'd call it a victory.

The Saints got worse during the offseason, despite any attempt to argue to the contrary by delusional Saints fans.

The Falcons were a very bad team two years running, but they did have the best offseason of the 4 teams and they may or may not have a good coach.

I'm still going with Carolina. The roster is overall the best, but the coaching is worst or second-worst. They were 7-8-1 last year, but they won 5 of their last six, and their last 4 straight after changing the roster around and using a lot of the young talent on our roster. They will start with basically the same defense. If Jonathan Stewart can stay healthy- a big if- I could easily see Carolina winning this comfortably.

Weeeelp.

Stewart is still healthy.

And we have a four game lead.

Edited by Thanatos19