Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Cuts are Coming

Post here about guys you don't want your team to cut/are pissed your team cur OR guys you're pissed your team didn't cut.

There's really nobody on Minnesota's roster who's on the bubble. It's sad but true. The best 53 are pretty obvious.

I'd like to see if Jordan Norwood can sneak onto the roster as our 5th receiver. He's got the talent, and his routes have been pretty crisp this preseason. I also wonder if we can keep five outside linebackers this year, Miller and Ware are obviously superstars, but Barrett, Ray and McCray are all doing work as well.

It's almost a shame this is a wasted season, our defense is so talented right now.

I kinda want Riccardo Lockette gone just because we have Tyler Lockett now and thats enough Locketts. Baldwin, Kearse, Chris Matthews, Paul Richardson and I think I'd actually like to see Kasen Williams make it at receiver as well.

This is a tough one.... Our RB competition has been awesome so far. Lacy and Starks are locked in, but that 3rd spot is being fought over two really impressive backs. Rajion Neal has looked great but so has John Crockett. Both guys exhibit soft hands but real power to punish defenders as well. They fight for the extra yards and grind out every inch. Unless we keep 4 back, which is unlikely... One of them has to get cut and it's going to suck... A lot.

We unfortunately have to trim some of the fat at WR too which could be a bit painful. There are a lot of young guys who show that they have those qualities you look for at the beginning stages of development. Myles White had a good game against the Eagles, but he still doesn't impress me that much. I wish the Packers WOULD cut him and keep around a Larry Pinkard type. Probably not gonna happen though.

Also the Packers made a terrible error in keepign Demetri Goodson over Jumal Rolle (now a GOOD Texan corner) a couple years ago.. So I'd like to see Goodson gone. Ladarius Gunter, an UDFA Corner has looked FANTASTIC. If we cut him, I will go ballistic.

I also can't wait for cuts because we need a punter BAD. Tim Masthay is hot garbage.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Rajion Neal has looked great but so has John Crockett. Both guys exhibit soft hands but real power to punish defenders as well. They fight for the extra yards and grind out every inch. Unless we keep 4 back, which is unlikely... One of them has to get cut and it's going to suck... A lot.

Don't know much about Neal, but I was a big fan of Crockett during the draft process. Given the Texans' current fiasco at the RB position, I would love it if Crockett were released and the Texans gave him a look.

They really need a thumper in Arian's absence, and none of the current backups are exhibiting any sort of tough downhill running ability.

Also the Packers made a terrible error in keepign Demetri Goodson over Jumal Rolle (now a GOOD Texan corner) a couple years ago..

Crazy enough I could envision a scenario in which Rolle gets cut. I hope I'm wrong, but unless the Texans keep 7 corners on their roster, Rolle could end up being the odd man out.

Joseph, Jackson, and Johnson are obvious locks, which brings it down to Bouye, Morris, Rolle, and James. Charles James has been playing out of his mind as a special teams ace, reserve corner, and even has dabbled as a RB, and that versatility has really won over O'Brien.

Just judging from the play time the corners have received during preseason, I feel as though Rolle and James are fighting over one spot...

I also can't wait for cuts because we need a punter BAD. Tim Masthay is hot garbage.

The Texans have been carrying a second punter on the roster, and he's obviously not going to make the team over Lechler, but has looked good in the limited time he has been given and can even kick field goals in a pinch. His name is Will Johnson if you're keeping tabs.

This is a tough one.... Our RB competition has been awesome so far. Lacy and Starks are locked in, but that 3rd spot is being fought over two really impressive backs. Rajion Neal has looked great but so has John Crockett. Both guys exhibit soft hands but real power to punish defenders as well. They fight for the extra yards and grind out every inch. Unless we keep 4 back, which is unlikely... One of them has to get cut and it's going to suck... A lot.

We unfortunately have to trim some of the fat at WR too which could be a bit painful. There are a lot of young guys who show that they have those qualities you look for at the beginning stages of development. Myles White had a good game against the Eagles, but he still doesn't impress me that much. I wish the Packers WOULD cut him and keep around a Larry Pinkard type. Probably not gonna happen though.

Also the Packers made a terrible error in keepign Demetri Goodson over Jumal Rolle (now a GOOD Texan corner) a couple years ago.. So I'd like to see Goodson gone. Ladarius Gunter, an UDFA Corner has looked FANTASTIC. If we cut him, I will go ballistic.

Really hoping Crockett makes it. I don't know how Neal held up in college but John was extremely durable, so under the worst case scenario kind of condition where he ever had to start, he'd likely hold up pretty well. He has breakaway speed if he finds open field, too. One way or the other, there's no way either guy clears waivers if they cut one of them.

Also, fingers crossed that Zimmer cuts Munnerlyn's useless ass.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Razor hit on Jordan Norwood who I was going to mention. He's very speedy and runs great routes, definitely hope there's a spot for him. In the same vein, Jordan Taylor is another really talented kid and I hope he can sneak onto our practice squad. Taylor has amazing hands and has been making a small name for himself at training camp.

As for guys who should be cut and likely won't be, Montee Ball. He has the slowest feet of any running back I've ever seen, and I honestly couldn't even make an argument in favor of keeping him as a 4th running back over Kapri Bibbs or Jeremy Stewart. If he ends up taking a roster spot from Juwan Thompson somehow, I'm going to be very, very upset.

Zac Dysert had a great preseason last year, but he has played himself right out of the Broncos' 3rd QB spot. Trevor Siemian has outplayed him at every turn. Siemian has a good head on his shoulders and has shown the capability to lead the offense this year. He's also got a rocket arm, something John Elway covets in every QB not named Peyton Manning. That said, I still think Zac is a talented player, and will find himself on a roster somewhere.

Rookie SS Josh Furman has quietly had himself a nice offseason. I don't see us keeping 5 safeties, so he likely will be on the outside of T.J. Ward, Darian Stewart, David Bruton, and Omar Bolden. The latter two contribute a good deal so special teams, though Omar Bolden seems to be on the bubble every year (because he's not very good). Hopefully Furman can get on the practice squad.

I'm a little surprised but kinda glad to see Velasco get cut only because it leaves a roster spot open potentially for Tre McBride (my initial projection had Velasco as one of ten olinemen on the team but I said I could see them only keeping 9, seeing Velasco cut makes me think that's more likely) I am a little concerned about the recent talk about keeping four TEs though

So Bengals cut Denarius Moore and the Bills have surprisingly cut Fred Jackson. Now I'm actually hoping the Giants can pick Jackson up

oh, and I'm gonna be surprised if Velasco doesn't resurface in Pittsburgh

Really hoping Crockett makes it. I don't know how Neal held up in college but John was extremely durable, so under the worst case scenario kind of condition where he ever had to start, he'd likely hold up pretty well. He has breakaway speed if he finds open field, too. One way or the other, there's no way either guy clears waivers if they cut one of them.

Also, fingers crossed that Zimmer cuts Munnerlyn's useless ass.

Ya, my thinking is that Neal may have a harder time latching on somewhere. Crockett was a highly touted guy that many teams made a run at in UDFA. So whether Neal has outplayed Crockett slightly or not might not matter to Green Bay. If there is a better chance they can keep both by cutting Neal, I think they may take it. I think there is a small chance Neal could find his way back here. I think there is close to no chance Crockett does.

Can't believe the Bills cut Fred Jackson... Leaves the Bills as the 3rd All Time rusher in team history !

When someone takes Fred Jackson in Round 8 of a fantasy draft :mjlaugh:

Denarius Moore must suck now or some shit.

They cut Fred Jackson early so he could a find team. Good move by the Bills.

For the Bucs I just wanna see Gilkey cut and it will be an early Christmas.

anybody (or positions) you're hoping your team can grab off the scrap heap?

if anyone cuts a decent LB or corner I'd love to see the Titans go after them

anybody (or positions) you're hoping your team can grab off the scrap heap?

if anyone cuts a decent LB or corner I'd love to see the Titans go after them

I want the Center you guys cut. He can't be any worse than Evan Smith.

Bucs have #1 waiver priority so hopefully we can land someone decent to play CB. Also need OL, DL depth.

Edited by Scrambled Creggs

If the Bills don't make the playoffs this year, Doug Whaley should be fired.

I've had the coolest Fred Jackson Buffalo Bills shirt that I've worn for the last 2 years... Now it's a shirt with no meaning... :(

I am not a Bills fan but.. I consider him an All Time great Bill. He won't have his number retired or anything, but... That shirt will always have meaning, IMO.

• Upvote 1

I really want to see Riley Cooper get cut. He's making way too much money for a guy who sucks ass. Rasheed Bailey isn't as tall as Cooper buy he plays like he's 3 inches taller. Even when he's covered he wins at the point of catch and brings down contested passes. Haven't seen this guy drop a non contested pass and even the contested ones..maybe 1 or two.