Dutch

Top 10 Wrs

Barely a quarter into the season and yes, this thread is here once again. It will be interesting to see how the rankings may change throughout the season which I think can create some discussion as well.

1. :Falcons: Julio Jones - I've already made bold predictions regarding Julio getting 2,000 receiving yards this season and he's baling out so far. He's one of the two unstoppable receivers right now.

2. :Steelers: Antonio Brown - Marvin Harrison reborn and like Air said, he's more explosive and I had to concede to that fact; at least after the catch. But having like 5 catches for what, 2 years straight and over 70 yards for almost a season worth of games (well he did until Vick ruined that), this guy cannot be covered. He's incredibly intelligent, watches film and understands the game knowing how to adjust his route running and tendencies to his opponents weaknesses. Hands down the best route runner in the league as well.

3. :Cowboys: Dez Bryant - He's hurt and off the scene right now which makes it easy to forget about him but this guy is just pure dominance. He's a TD machine and just makes defenders look like little leagues.

4. :Lions: Calvin Johnson - Not having the best start but I'm not writing him off yet. With the surge of great young talent on his heels, he can't maintain the top dog mantle if he isn't performing like one. The young guys are out performing him so justifiably, I have to put them ahead of him because of how great they are playing.

5. :Bengals: A.J Green - One of my favorite receivers in the league. Green is just so smooth the way he does everything. How he runs his routes, plucks the ball out the air, subtly gets behind the defense; he's a threat every play and one of the best deep threats in the league.

6. :Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald - A lot of people here stuck a fork in Larry. But now that he has a healthy and capable QB throwing him the ball, he's putting up monstrous numbers. I don't think he will be as explosive as he was taking it to the house anywhere, but he is still incredibly reliable and can kill you with big gains. Still very savvy, great route runner, catches everything and in traffic, and can be one of the deadliest red zone weapons period. Larry is back :rockon:

7. :Jets: Brandon Marshall - Had a down year in Chicago with the mess that was down there. However, he's proving that he's still that go to guy that will consistently shred the defense. He's not an explosive receiver, but he will continually catch balls and continually move the chains getting first downs. He's hard to stop.

8. :Broncos: Demaryius Thomas - This kid is one of the most dangerous and electric receivers with the ball in his hands. He's always a threat to take it to the house.

9. :Texans: DeAndre Hopkins - I really like Hopkins. He's everything you want in a young receiver. He could be doing so much more if he had some stability at the QB position.

10. :Giants: Odell Beckham Jr - Simply amazing how talented this kid is. Not sure what else to say. He can do everything you want him to do and he can kill you from anywhere on the field. He's just explosive.

Honorable Mentions:

Jordy Nelson - If you weren't injured, I'd put you on the list.

Amari Cooper - I don't know how long before my bias kicks in and I put him on the list prematurely

Steve Smith - He's like fine wine.

Edited by Dutch
  • Upvote 1

1a. Julio Jones

1b. Antonio Brown

1c. Demaryius Thomas

4. Dez Bryant

5. AJ Green

6. Brandon Marshall

7. Calvin Johnson

8. Odell Beckham Jr

9. Jordy Nelson

10. Hopkins/Hilton/Jeffrey/Sanders/Allen

Edited by BwareDWare94

1. Antonio Brown. :Steelers: This guy has done it all for a long long time. Though his 5 catch/50 yard streak came to an end Thursday, he is still the most dominant WR in the league, IMO.

2. Julio Jones. :Falcons: Jones is a physical freak that can dominate corners at the point of attack.

3. AJ Green. :Bengals: Green is a physical specimen that has great hands and amazing awareness.

4. Calvin Johnson :Lions: Megatron hasn't so much fallen off as the three above him have taken the next step. He is still an imposing WR with a huge catch radius and he is still the biggest redzone threat of the top four.

5. Larry Fitzgerald :Cardinals: Count me as one of those that thought Fitz was done. Palmer has resurrected his career and we can finally see what Larry could have been doing all those years if he had a decent QB.

6. Dez Bryant :Cowboys:

7. Jordy Nelson :Packers:

8. Demaryius Thomas :Broncos:

9. Odell Beckham JR :Giants:

10. DeAndre Hopkins :Texans:

Honorable Mentions:

Emmanuel Sanders :Broncos:

Randall Cobb :Packers:

Steve Smith :Ravens:

Alshon Jeffrey :Bears:

Brandon Marshall :Jets:

Edited by Thanatos19

Not even a quarter into the season...a lot of things can change before even midway so this thread is silly.

But as it stands Julio is the best :troll:

• Upvote 1

I definitely said Julio had the potential to hit 1800 yards idk about 2000. Wouldn't be shocked

No list that doesn't include Brandon Marshall is legitimate

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Making a statement like that as pure fact is irritating. You just dismissed my list out of hand because of one borderline top-10 player without giving any reasons why he should be ahead of the others on the list.

Having Brandon Marshall ahead of Calvin Johnson is the laughable ranking here. Megatron doesn't try to pull shit like this:

nooobrandon.0.gif

Level with me now Bware. If you had a choice between Brandon Marshall and Calvin Johnson for the Vikings/Cowboys, whichever you prefer to call your team atm, would you seriously take Marshall over Megatron?

Edited by Thanatos19

Hard to believe that Odell Beckham is still underrated.

Any list with DT in top 10 is fraud.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hard to believe that Odell Beckham is still underrated.

Less underrated and more, one year, I need more.

If I was going with top-12, the next two would be OBJ and Brandon.

Now that I think about it though, really not sure on Jeffrey > OBJ. Give us your list, my man.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Megatron hasn't been the same player for 2 years now, so I would definitely take Brandon Marshall ahead of him. Someone needs to page Calvin, because he's disappeared.

Took me a while to get on the Sanders bandwagon, but this guy is amazing. With the Steelers he was never that good but man he has stepped his game up in a huge way with Denver. Nobody can cover him. I know he's not 6'3"+ and 220 like some of the guys on this list but he's so damn effective.

As far as the best in the, it has to be Brown. He wins contested catches and jump balls despite not being huge. There is no better route runner and he's a big time threat with the ball in his hands too.

I edited my rankings after further thought. OBJ is too good to leave off, even if he only has one season under his belt. If I see more this season, he will go higher.

Thought experiment: How far down this list do you have to go to find a Panther? #75?

Thought experiment: How far down this list do you have to go to find a Panther? #75?

A healthy Kelvin Benjamin would be in the Top 25, no doubt.

This, I'm sure.

Anyway, super biased rankings go:

1. Antonio Brown :Steelers:

2. Julio Jones :Falcons:

3. Demaryius Thomas :Broncos:

4. Jordy Nelson :Packers:

5. Calvin Johnson :Lions: (Get away from Detroit, Megatron!)

6. Dez Bryant :Cowboys:

7. AJ Green :Bengals:

8. Odell Beckham :Giants:

9. Emmanuel Sanders :Broncos:

10. Larry Fitzgerald :Cardinals:

• Upvote 1

I meant, this year, no healthy KB.

Emmanuel Sanders sucks.

nobody seems to be able to cover him. :shrug:

He was really bad in Pittsburgh. Couldn't catch a cold.

• Upvote 1

He's in a system that puts him in space to make uncontested catches. In Pittsburgh he disappeared and couldn't beat his man or make tough catches. He literally lost us games with untimely fumbles and drops and his numbers were pedestrian for a WR in the same offense as Ben, Brown, and Wallace. He's a system WR like Welker or Edelman, but nobody sees it because he's not a little white guy.

• Upvote 1