Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Big Match-ups in Week 5

Sunday:

Seahawks @ Bengals

Why We'll be Watching:

There's a legitimate chance that the Seahawks' struggles will continue, and I know I'm not the only one interested in seeing that happen. Cincinnati looks like a legitimate contender right now, even with the Red Rifle at the helm. I've even seen some deep routes in which Andy Dalton hit AJ Green in stride. It only took him 5 years to figure that out. Seattle's offense shouldn't get going against Cincinnati, so if you want to see Russell Wilson and co. continue to struggle, tune in to this game.

Prediction:

27-16, Bengals

Bills @ Titans

Why We'll be Watching:

Both teams are trying to find ways to stay afloat headed into the second quarter of the season, and it's the Bills who need this win as they should be a good team, so anything less than a playoff berth is a disappointment. Can Rex Ryan remind the world that Marcus Mariota is a rookie and that he will run into struggles against the better defensive minds in the league? My guess is that he will.

Prediction:

30-13, Bills

Cardinals @ Lions

Why We'll be Watching:

The Lions are down to their last gasp and the Cardinals are looking to prove that last week's gaffe at home against the Rams was just that--a gaffe. Bruce Arians and his endless list of weapons (where Michael Floyd is the forgotten name--watch out for him as the season progresses) head into the Motor City hungry. Can Detroit's defense contain Chris and David Johnson enough to drop into coverage and give themselves a chance against Carson Palmer and his aerial assault? We shall see. My guess is that the Lions lose yet again, but in a very close one.

Prediction:

27-24, Cardinals

Patriots @ Cowboys

Why We'll be Watching:

What the hell is Brandon Weeden supposed to do to lead this Cowboys team to a win? He's done enough at the QB position for this team to be 4-0, and yet the Dallas defense, which was supposed to be greatly improved, has imploded in the second half of games, along with the vaunted Dallas offensive line. That's the thing I can't figure out--the line is paving roads for Joseph Randle in the first half, and then can't even give him a seam to sneak through in the second. It's all adding up to frustration regarding Randle as the Cowboys abandon the running game in second halves. The Patriots come to town seemingly on fire and who the hell on Dallas' roster is going to cover Rob Gronkowski? Barry Church and JJ Wilcox are in for a long day.

Prediction:

34-24, Patriots

Broncos @ Raiders

Why We'll be Watching:

Oh, to be the Raiders, a squad that should be 3-1 but somehow found a way to lose to the pathetic Chicago Bears. Unfortunately for Derek Carr and Amari Cooper, they get to take an unexpected week off as Aqib Talib and Chris Harris Jr. match up with the rookie all day, holding him to a marginal stat line and allowing the pass rush to feast on Carr. This game could be close but it's somewhat unlikely.

Prediction:

23-14, Broncos

49ers @ Giants

Why We'll be Watching:

The Giants have an opportunity to outright take the NFC East lead thanks to the injury to Tony Romo, and with the 49ers in town, they have no excuses not to. I expect ODB and Randle to give the 49ers fits all day. This really shouldn't be considered a big match-up, but if San Fran makes it interesting, it is.

Prediction:

41-17, Giants

Monday:

Steelers @ Chargers

Why We'll be Watching:

Coaching mistakes by Mike Tomlin are becoming paramount in the Steelers early season, from refusing to try to win the game with a field goal against Baltimore to repeatedly going for 2 when it just isn't necessary and potentially more damaging than rewarding. He seemed to give up the latter last week with Vick at the helm, but I have a feeling he's going to lose more games for the Steelers at the season progresses. The Chargers have looked rather punchless despite their 2-2 record, but that has more to do with their shredded offensive line. It's an old football cliche, but this game will come down to the trenches.

Prediction:

30-27, Chargers

Edited by BwareDWare94

We haven't been able to close out anyone all year. If we win, it'll be in a close last minute drive kind of game.

Rams @ Packers

You have two QBs who are 1 and 2 in lowest INT% in league history. Plus a potential meet up of two MVP candidates in Aaron Donald and Aaron Rodgers.