Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

Jets cut OLB Quinton Coples

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7438/quinton-coples

Jets waived OLB Quinton Coples.

Coples played just 21 snaps total the last three games and has been a limited contributor all season. A first-round pick in 2012, Coples has 16.5 career sacks in 56 appearances, but he did not get to the quarterback once this season as a poor fit in Todd Bowles' scheme. If a team nabs Coples off waivers, they would be on the hook for his $7.751 million fifth-year option for next season, but the option is guaranteed for injury only.

I don't know if he'll get a shot with that 7.7 mil injury guarantee hanging over his head. Given where he was drafted though he's almost a guarantee to land somewhere if the contract can be altered to take out the injury guarantee. Maybe Ravens or Steelers sign him for depth.

Edited by Chernobyl426

I don't know if he'll get a shot with that 7.7 mil injury guarantee hanging over his head. Given where he was drafted though he's almost a guarantee to land somewhere if the contract can be altered to take out the injury guarantee. Maybe Ravens or Steelers sign him for depth.

Well that's only if someone claims him on waivers. If he goes unclaimed, (which he likely will because of that price) he has to sign a new contract.

I'm guessing he will be cut at the end of the season, unless he surprisingly restructures his contract. Being a free agent would probably be more intriguing to him, I would think.