Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Bears give Kevin White a 3-week practice window

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/story.asp?i=20151124141137452785108&ref=hea&tm=&src=

LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) The Chicago Bears opened a three-week practice window for rookie receiver Kevin White to determine if they will activate him this season.

White, the No. 7 pick in this year's draft, has spent the season on the physically unable to perform list because of a stress fracture in his left shin. The Bears have until the end of this 21-day period, which began Tuesday, to place the West Virginia standout on the active roster or season-ending injured reserve.

The Bears saw him as a potential starter with Alshon Jeffery. But White started experiencing pain in his shin in June during organized team activities. He had surgery in August after therapy failed to cure his discomfort.

I didn't say this in the shout box but I celebrated on Tuesday. That was the deadline to activate him. Then he has 21 days to prove he is ok, and become part of the active roster or else he goes back to IR.

WE BEAT THE GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!

I mean we beat the Packers without White....without Marty B....we can really be something when he is back. People are stuck in the moment. I however, watch these games like man these ninjas don't even know how good we could be at full strength :mjlaugh:

WE BEAT THE GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

I don't think we will see him soon, I do think there is space for one guy to take a cut so Kevin can be on the active roster while getting healthy. I mean Clausen took a cut to bring in Fales. With the injuries we have though idk. Gaston and people on the DL are in rotation due to injuries and loss of Ratliff. But I would hope he gets active and then comes to make his debut in 3wks or so. Or I'm ok with him sitting on IR until next year. We are so ahead of schedule in our rebuild it doesn't matter :lol:

WE BEAT THE GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

Excited to see what he brings to the team in one way. Wasn't his biggest fan going into the draft and wish we got Cooper on the other hand. But either way he is ours and he is home.

GO BEARS :Bears:

• Upvote 1

Calm down. You still have Jay Cutler as your QB. :yao:

Calm down. You still have Jay Cutler as your QB. :yao:

Jay Cutler is doing his job this year and has won us games by himself.

You however still have Big Bro Bae Bortles :yao:

Kevin White (leg, PUP) said he is "itching to play."

It has been reported White is only practicing to get a jump start on 2016 and does not have a real shot at playing this season, but White tells a different story. "If I wasn't itching to play, I wouldn't be out there," White said. "If it wasn't important I would be in the training room, I would just tell Ryan Pace or John Fox to put me in injured reserve. But I want to play." White participated in individual drills Wednesday, but his physical ability to play may not be the real issue. White missed most of the offseason program, all of training camp and every regular season practice until a week ago. It is unlikely the rookie has a firm enough grasp on the offense to make an immediate impact even if his health cooperated. Chicago has until December 15 to activate White.
Source: ESPN

Bears coach John Fox said Kevin White (leg, PUP) will play "if he's cleared."

"I think his leg is healed," Fox said. "Now it's a matter of getting into football shape where he's kind of been sidelined for some time." The Bears have consistently intimated White has a chance to return this season, but this is the clearest admission yet. White is unlikely to make a significant impact after missing most of the offseason program and season, but it would be good for the raw rookie to see some game action. Chicago has until December 15 to activate White from the PUP list.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10427/kevin-white

The Chicago Tribune reports Bears WR Kevin White (leg) will not be activated from the reserve/PUP list, and is done for the season.

Coach John Fox claimed White's leg was healed just two days ago, but said he'd only be activated if he could get into football shape for the season's final four games. The Bears have apparently deduced that's not possible. They have until next Tuesday to make a formal decision.

According to ESPN Bears reporter Jeff Dickerson, second-year WR Kevin White looked like a "beast" in spring practices.

This somewhat contradicts the Chicago Sun Times' Adam Jahns, who said White "looked like a work in progress" at OTAs, where he dropped too many passes. By all accounts, White fared much better at minicamp after knocking off the rust at OTAs and having Alshon Jeffery back opposite him. After missing his entire rookie year, White will be a fun player to watch in camp and preseason.
Source: ESPN.com

We talkin' about practice. Not a game. Not a game. Not a game. We talkin' about practice.