Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Rams Stedman Bailey Shot In Head

St. Louis Rams third-year wide receiver Stedman Bailey was shot Tuesday night and is in critical but stable condition in a Florida hospital.

Bailey was wounded twice in the head and is expected to undergo surgery Wednesday, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The Rams released a statement, saying, "We are aware Stedman Bailey was involved in an incident this evening. We have spoken with Stedman and he is in the hospital in critical, but stable, condition. We are gathering facts about the situation and will provide updates as we learn more."

Bailey was sitting in a car with several people when he was shot, a source confirmed to ESPN. The driver of the vehicle was shot multiple times while attempting to shield children in the car from bullets. His wounds are more serious.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14219437/stedman-bailey-st-louis-rams-shot

Holy shit. This is awful. I hope everyone is alright.

• Upvote 1

I hope everybody involved lives. What an awful situation.

If you looked at the comments on NFL.com about this article, 2/3 of them were some sort of "he deserves this" and/or something racist.

Fucking morons.

Internet comments are a funny way to argue the amount of racism out there. Nobody would say that shit in real life except for a few extremists.

I'm not arguing anything it just struck me as complete lunacy. There was no reason to think anything and then bam, stereotypes all over the place.

Internet comments are a funny way to argue the amount of racism out there. Nobody would say that shit in real life except for a few extremists.

So you're saying that their comments aren't representative of how they feel? If anything the internet gives people a forum to express how they feel without repression.

• Upvote 2

So you're saying that their comments aren't representative of how they feel? If anything the internet gives people a forum to express how they feel without repression.

Yes but can you make people suddenly stop thinking racist things? No. That's engrained in people if they've grown up with that. We can help younger people change and become more accepting, but all we can do with most racists is silence their stupid shit.

EARTH CITY, Mo. - St. Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey's four-game suspension came to an end Monday, but it remains unclear when or if he will play football again after he was shot in the head twice Nov. 24.
Rams coach Jeff Fisher said Bailey continues to make progress in his recovery from the six-plus hour surgery he endured the day after he was shot.
The four-game suspension of Stedman Bailey, shown playing against the Packers in October, has ended, but it's unclear if he'll play again after being shot in the head. Jeff Hanisch/USA TODAY Sports
On Monday, Bailey was eligible to come off the reserve/suspended list following his four-game ban for violating the NFL's policy on substance abuse. According to Fisher, Bailey did come off that list, and the Rams are working with the league to place him on the non-football injury list.
"We'll take care of Sted," Fisher said. "He comes off, he's eligible to play, but by no means is he in any kind of condition to play."
Fisher previously said Bailey would not be able to play for the Rams again this season. Fisher mentioned Monday that it was possible Bailey might not play ever again, though it's too early for such determinations.
"Are you asking is there a potential that he doesn't return to play? Yes, there is that potential," Fisher said. "We don't know. It's just going to take some time. From a health standpoint, there's a chance that he doesn't play. However, based on what he's done over the last 10 days, he may surprise everybody."
Bailey has made steady progress in his recovery from the shooting. Before the team's Nov. 29 game against Cincinnati, Bailey's girlfriend sent to his Rams teammates photos of Bailey signing his name. Last week, Fisher told the team's website he had seen videos of Bailey walking at the Miami-area hospital where he is staying. Bailey himself took to social media on Friday to offer an update as well as thanks to his friends, family and fans for their support.
"He's doing better," Fisher said. "It puts a smile on my face when I get to think about him and where he's at [in his recovery]."

glad to hear his recovery is going well, didn't realize he was suspended but I'm not sure why there's a focus on when he's getting back on the field, the guy got shot in the head, his football career should be the least of anyone's concerns

Now that he's gonna be alright, here are some awful jokes to lighten the mood.

This is the first time a Ram's Receiver has been successfully targeted since the greatest show on turf.

Jeff Fisher expects Bailey to play tomorrow.

Gregg Williams may have taken bounty gate too far.

The bullet went straight through where his brain would be, if he didn't have CTE.

Ok I'll stop now, still pretty terrible.

Now if only he can catch a bullet pass..

Unfortunately for Stedman Bailey, his opponents are usually...firing...on all cylinders

He's very bad at getting off on the snap. Sometimes you need a guy who can... Jump the gun.

Shots fired!

Bailey should go to a bar with Plaxico Burress and take some shots..

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

When Stedman Bailey addresses reporters, he says, "Fire away."

You guys are about as funny as farts in an elevator... way to blow these jokes out of proportion.

• Upvote 2

Which type of game does Stedman Bailey like the least? Shootouts.

• Upvote 2

So this is why the Rams don't have a gunslinger at QB.

• Upvote 2

glad to hear his recovery is going well, didn't realize he was suspended but I'm not sure why there's a focus on when he's getting back on the field, the guy got shot in the head, his football career should be the least of anyone's concerns

I'm sure he'll get another shot.

• Upvote 2

Stedman Bailey (head) still wants to return to playing in the NFL.

Bailey was shot multiple times in the head back in November while he was in Florida serving a four-game suspension. Doctors have told him he's unlikely to play again, but Bailey has other thoughts. "When somebody tells me that they don't think I can do something, you know I'll do everything that I can to prove them wrong," Bailey said. "And I will be making a return to the NFL." We like Bailey's ambition, but odds are high he doesn't play another down.
Source: ESPN.com

Rams coach Jeff Fisher says Stedman Bailey (head) is still in the "evaluation process."

"Sted is currently in the evaluation process, seeking numerous opinions from neurologists and the like," Fisher said of Bailey, who was shot twice in the head in November. "Just to see if he can not only play, but continue with a rigorous physical rehab program that will put him in position to play." Fisher did say Bailey has seemed like the "same old Sted" when at the team facilities. A final decision on his status may not come until the summer.

I am happy that he is aiming for a return. He wants to make a real bang in this league, doesn't he? I admire that but I hope he realizes what a steady hand it takes and that he has to keep his eye on the target all times. One misfire too many and you may be out of this league for good.